PDA

View Full Version : Latest unemployment claims - New, fuzzy, lib/leftie math?

DLT
10-02-2014, 03:24 PM
I realize that my math is a bit rusty (it's been DECADES since I was in school, and years since I've had to use math)....but.....

this still seems a bit off to me. What say you?

For instance.....this article claims right off that:
The number of Americans filing applications for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, a sign the job market is sustaining progress.

It goes on to say....that new unemployment claims dropped (unexpectedly) by 8,000 to only 287,000 in the week ended Sept. 27. In the same article, it claims that companies hired 213,000 workers in September and that payrolls grew by 215,000 in September.

Ok. My math again.....but doesn't that mean that the number of new unemployment applications STILL outnumbered and outpaced the so-called new jobs created in the month of September, many of which could be (and probably are) only part-time or not 40-hour jobs? And therefore, doesn't that also mean that it is NOT a sign that the job market is sustaining progress and ergo, that the article LIES?

Jobless Claims in U.S. Unexpectedly Decreased Last Week

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/money/jobless-claims-in-us-unexpectedly-decreased-last-week/ar-BB70Kww

LongTermGuy
10-02-2014, 03:41 PM
`From comments and agree:

`All of this is nothing more then "number geremanding" to make this admin look good for the upcoming election. The real unemployment rate is somewhere around 18 to 21%, but that number would destroy the Democrats running for office.`

`For Many unemployment ran out ....so they didn't sign back up.
Still unemployed just no way to count them.

DLT
10-02-2014, 03:57 PM
`From comments and agree:

`All of this is nothing more then "number geremanding" to make this admin look good for the upcoming election. The real unemployment rate is somewhere around 18 to 21%, but that number would destroy the Democrats running for office.`

`For Many unemployment ran out ....so they didn't sign back up.
Still unemployed just no way to count them.

Seems to me....that unless or until the monthly jobs created, and I'm talking full-time jobs here, outpaces the number of "new unemployment applications".....

there IS no ""improvement"" in the job market. It really ain't rocket science equations here. But yeah, they have to keep lying...and hoping that enough Americans are still stupid enough to believe it. And I'm afraid that they still are that stupid (enough to cause us to lose this nation).

fj1200
10-02-2014, 04:46 PM
How the Government Measures Unemployment (http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm)

Where do the statistics come from?Early each month, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) of the U.S. Department of Labor announces the total number of employed and unemployed people (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm) in the United States for the previous month, along with many characteristics about them. These figures, particularly the unemployment rate—which tells you the percentage of the labor force that is unemployed—receive wide coverage in the media.

aboutime
10-02-2014, 05:34 PM
I realize that my math is a bit rusty (it's been DECADES since I was in school, and years since I've had to use math)....but.....

this still seems a bit off to me. What say you?

For instance.....this article claims right off that:

It goes on to say....that new unemployment claims dropped (unexpectedly) by 8,000 to only 287,000 in the week ended Sept. 27. In the same article, it claims that companies hired 213,000 workers in September and that payrolls grew by 215,000 in September.

Ok. My math again.....but doesn't that mean that the number of new unemployment applications STILL outnumbered and outpaced the so-called new jobs created in the month of September, many of which could be (and probably are) only part-time or not 40-hour jobs? And therefore, doesn't that also mean that it is NOT a sign that the job market is sustaining progress and ergo, that the article LIES?

Jobless Claims in U.S. Unexpectedly Decreased Last Week

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/money/jobless-claims-in-us-unexpectedly-decreased-last-week/ar-BB70Kww

It's all just more versions of the OBAMA lie machine. What numbers really apply are the NUMBERS they Intentionally Refuse to mention.
This number never discloses how many Americans are NO LONGER ELIGIBLE to collect Unemployment, nor does it mention how many Americans have been dropped off the lists to apply for either part-time, or lower wage jobs.
But Obama and Company don't want Americans who CAN'T THINK ON THEIR OWN...to get that information.