PDA

View Full Version : American NBC News freelancer tests positive for Ebola in Liberia

Stiletto
10-02-2014, 10:58 PM
(for you Monty Python fans....)

Here comes another one....
Here it comes again....
Oh when will this ever end....

American NBC News freelancer tests positive for Ebola in Liberia (http://www.nydailynews.com/nbc-news-freelancer-tests-positive-ebola-liberia-network-article-1.1961660?utm_content=buffere4e02&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw)

Excerpts:

The 33-year-old cameraman started showing symptoms of the virus on Wednesday — one day after being
hired as a second cameraman for NBC News Chief Medical Editor and Correspondent Dr. Nancy Snyderman.

The man, whose name is being withheld at his family's request, had been working in Liberia for the past three years before contracting the virus, according to NBC.

He sought medical treatment Thursday and is expected to be flown back to the U.S. for treatment.

"The rest of the crew....are being closely monitored and show no symptoms or warning signs," NBC News President Deborah Turness said in a note to staff.

They will then be placed under quarantine in the U.S. for 21 days "which is at the most conservative end of the spectrum of medical guidance," stated Turness.

I fully expect more and more cases to start springing up like dandelions -- quite a frightening thought. So much for the CDC's claim that future cases were, "no doubt," nonexistent.

The true question is whether Obama is

1) aware and concerned about this,
2) completely unaware and will remain so until he hears about it on the news,
3) too stoned to know this is taking place, or
4) knows damn well what's going on and is privately doing the happy dance about it.

Gaffer
10-03-2014, 07:20 AM
He'll only hear about it if he watches FOX news since none of the others will cover it if it makes him look bad.

DLT
10-03-2014, 09:56 AM
(for you Monty Python fans....)

Here it comes again....
Oh when will this ever end....

American NBC News freelancer tests positive for Ebola in Liberia (http://www.nydailynews.com/nbc-news-freelancer-tests-positive-ebola-liberia-network-article-1.1961660?utm_content=buffere4e02&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw)

Excerpts:

I fully expect more and more cases to start springing up like dandelions -- quite a frightening thought. So much for the CDC's claim that future cases were, "no doubt," nonexistent.

4) knows damn well what's going on and is privately doing the happy dance about it.

I'm betting it's #4...only, while doing that happy dance, Obama is cackling like a banshee, as well.

Getting rid of the regulations that would save Americans from catching this diseaase is just ONE of the methods he is using to destroy us from within. And still....most Americans just sit around apathetically...and and silently....while allowing further destruction. I don't get it. Again....it's supernatural for an entire nation to allow their own destruction at the hands of a usurper. What the hell happened to our collective "survival instinct"? Has it been bred out? Or brainwashed/indoctrinated out of us?

Also....what "bodily fluids" would any "news freelancer" have exchanged with any Ebola patient? Or has it indeed mutated (as Obama already mentioned) and become airborne?

Obama talks about Ebola mutating:

http://ebolaoutbreakwatch.com/obama-warns-ebola-virus-could-mutate-if-outbreak-is-not

Obama strips regs that would have prevented the current US Ebola outbreak:

http://archive.13wmaz.com/news/article/77094/175/Obama-Administration-Scraps-Quarantine-Regulations

Obama's dogs got more screening than Americans or foreign HUMAN travelers do:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/30/obama-dogs-quarantine-hawaii_n_4520618.html

Noir
10-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Some of the newer posters to the site are rather right wing, even for here xD

In any case, heres hoping to reporter recovers well.

Thunderknuckles
10-03-2014, 10:23 AM
DLT: Why do you keep saying Obama is getting rid of regulations to protect us when I already showed you in the last thread that that is not true. You're like one of those Facebook conservatives the keeps re-posting bullshit even though you know it's bullshit but cling to it because it fits your preconceived notions.

DLT
10-03-2014, 10:29 AM
DLT: Why do you keep saying Obama is getting rid of regulations to protect us when I already showed you in the last thread that that is not true. You're like one of those Facebook conservatives the keeps re-posting bullshit even though you know it's bullshit but cling to it because it fits your preconceived notions.

Sorry...but I've got a dozen links showing what Obama did vs. what "you say". I don't know you and just judging by a few of your own words, I don't trust your version now.

Now granted, I could be wrong.....but unless or until that is proven, my stance on Obama and what HE has done to deregulate quarantine procedures in the US stands. And keep in mind....that Obama is da king of restrictive regulations......

usually. Only when it protects Americans....is he suddenly... not so fond of regs. Ironic.

Thunderknuckles
10-03-2014, 10:42 AM

Huh?
Did you guys suddenly forget about the 3,000 military staff that Obama sent to Liberia that are in the process of building 17 new health facilities, training hundreds of local health care workers, and providing hundreds of thousands of health care kits to the local populace among other things?

What happened to the argument that Obama was all too aware of the problem?
After all, he is using this as an opportunity to purposely infect our soldiers, then bring the disease back to the US where it will kill millions, all in a bid to destroy the U.S. and declare himself Emperor right?

Stiletto
10-03-2014, 11:15 AM

Do tell - inquiring minds want to know :laugh: .

Not sure if I'm part of the group that you're referring to, but while my beliefs tend to be Right-Leaning, but there a couple of issues with which my beliefs differ greatly from the Hard Right platform (but that's for another discussion at another time).

LongTermGuy
10-03-2014, 12:34 PM

In any case, heres hoping to reporter recovers well.

`What does this mean?

`What do you really want to say ...Just asking....

`Thanks..........

DLT
10-03-2014, 12:35 PM
`What does this mean?

`What do you really want to say ...Just asking....

`Thanks..........

I think he wants some crackers.

PixieStix
10-03-2014, 01:05 PM
I watched this last night. I think they contradicted themselves when they said that ebola is not airborne. But through bodily fluids. At the same time they say touching a dead body who died of ebola is highly infectious. I recommend watching this.

I DVR frontline, This was aired on the 9th of September

http://video.pbs.org/video/2365321806/

Stiletto
10-03-2014, 01:13 PM
I think he wants some crackers.

Would that be Saltine, Ritz, Graham, or Southern :halo9: ?

:whistling2: :popcorn:

Stiletto
10-03-2014, 01:16 PM

:yourpoint:

:drums5:

Noir
10-03-2014, 01:27 PM
:yourpoint: :drums5:

Just find it rather amusing ^,^ anyways thats probably enough of a deviation from the topic on my part.