PDA

View Full Version : `The future regarding Ferguson --Crystal Ball`

LongTermGuy
10-03-2014, 10:04 PM
http://bayweekly.com/old-site/year09/issue_16/art-16/sweet-16/crystal-ball.gif

`Thoughts from a LEO`

~ "I've broken out my crystal ball, inserted some fresh “D” cells (it’s an older model…) and would like to offer up my views in regard the future involving the Ferguson event. I believe my prognostications to be sufficiently accurate as to warrant risking a wager with anyone who cares to indulge. The bet; one large cup of coffee and the donut of your choice:

1-The Grand Jury will come back with No True Bill on the officer. They will find the officer had reason to believe his life was in danger and that his use of force was justified.

2-There will be more “civil unrest” (used to call them riots, but then, I’m a dinosaur) in Ferguson and maybe other parts of the nation, my crystal ball is a bit hazy on the latter.

3-My crystal ball is a bit unclear about the next step. My best guess is that the federal government, although their investigators find that there was no civil rights violations on the part of the Ferguson officer, will charge that officer with such a federal crime. This will enable politicians (because this is a political problem, not a legal one) will know that such a process will take years to wind its way through the federal court system, permitting any current politician a long breathing room and maybe even time to bail out before the jury comes back with a Not Guilty." ~