Story Highlights
• Isaiah Washington was fired after a using an anti-gay epithet
• He says cast mate T.R. Knight should have been fired
• Washington accused Knight of exploiting the controversy

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/22/people.isaiah.washington.ap/index.html

He got what he deserved.

darin
06-22-2007, 12:40 PM
What did he deserve? What did he do wrong?

Yurt
06-22-2007, 07:12 PM

He spoke his mind silly, the only people allowed to that are liberal moonbats....

He failed to heed the times. Had he only said:

fucking hetrosexual bigots...

he would still have a job :)

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 07:14 PM
He spoke his mind silly, the only people allowed to that are liberal moonbats....

He failed to heed the times. Had he only said:

fucking hetrosexual bigots...

he would still have a job :)

No, your allowed to feel however you want, thats your right. It's when you come out an publically attack or degrade someone for their gender, race, religion or sexual preference is then it's not right.

Guernicaa
06-22-2007, 07:22 PM
If T.R. Knight had called Washington a nigger, it would have been an instant on the spot firing of Knight.

Washington is lucky that he was even given time for producers to think about firing him or not.

The same thing would have been done if Washington insulted Knights religion or ethnicity.

Guernicaa
06-22-2007, 07:23 PM
YOU have no morals.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 07:44 PM
No, your allowed to feel however you want, thats your right. It's when you come out an publically attack or degrade someone for their gender, race, religion or sexual preference is then it's not right.

You mean like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp

Obama:

YOU have no morals.

:rolleyes:

You say it is an attack. That is bias on your part. He spoke his mind. Seems you only support someone's right to speech as long as they agree with you.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 07:49 PM
NM:

I just read/watched what he said and he called him a faggot. Are you denying the person he called a faggot is not a faggot? Maybe you prefer gay? Tell me, is gay acceptable to you?

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 08:04 PM
NM:

I just read/watched what he said and he called him a faggot. Are you denying the person he called a faggot is not a faggot? Maybe you prefer gay? Tell me, is gay acceptable to you?

Faggot is not politically correct and acceptible is civilized society. He shouldn't have said anything about homosexuals at all.

Guernicaa
06-22-2007, 08:28 PM
NM:

Do you even know where the fuck the word "faggot" comes from asshole?
You think that because someone doesn’t comply with the Christian rule book of lies that they should be degraded by a word that literally symbolizes them burning to death?

5stringJeff
06-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Faggot is not politically correct and acceptible is civilized society.

That is a load of crap. People ought not be fired because their speech is deemed "politically uncorrect."

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 08:33 PM
That is a load of crap. People ought not be fired because their speech is deemed "politically uncorrect."

If they are degrading someone they should.

Guernicaa
06-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Exactly.

If he had said "based on my religious convictions to Christianity, I feel that T.R. Knight being gay is a bad thing in the eyes of god" then people would have just said "that’s nice".

Instead, he used a degrading term (and you know its fucking degrading).

Yurt
06-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Faggot is not politically correct and acceptible is civilized society. He shouldn't have said anything about homosexuals at all.

What? So you will accept a word so long as and only if, it is "politically" [correct]? :poke:

Why shouldn't he be allowed to say whatever the F[inserts politically correct word] he wants about fudge packers?

You think "gay" is the ok word? Or non straight? We are talking words here. To honest, fudge packers is what I consider slang. Faggot? That is a common word. If you are ok with "gay" you should have no problem with "faggot."

Yurt
06-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Do you even know where the fuck the word "faggot" comes from asshole?
You think that because someone doesn’t comply with the Christian rule book of lies that they should be degraded by a word that literally symbolizes them burning to death?

Funny that "asshole" is the first insult you give me on this board.

Are you gay or are you gay? Which one?

Are you: sticks or branches?

Maybe a metalworking technique?

Chill bro, as you know from my posts, I think homosexuals should be given legal rights (like those with "marriage") only because "marriage" is now a contract with the state and that is what gives you "rights" concerning hospitial visits etc..

However, as a moral issue (Women "homosexuals" different) what right do you have to shut down someone's else's right to disagree with you?

hippocritter

Guernicaa
06-22-2007, 09:38 PM
What? So you will accept a word so long as and only if, it is "politically" [correct]? :poke:

Why shouldn't he be allowed to say whatever the F[inserts politically correct word] he wants about fudge packers?

You think "gay" is the ok word? Or non straight? We are talking words here. To honest, fudge packers is what I consider slang. Faggot? That is a common word. If you are ok with "gay" you should have no problem with "faggot."
Wow...To try and make a comparison between "gay" and "faggot" proves how much of a fucking dumbass you are.

There is nothing offensive with calling someone gay, unless its used in a way to say "stupid" or litteraly imply that they are homosexual when they're not.
Gay is recognized as the official term for homosexuals by LGBT and all other gay organizations. (See I just used it)

The term "faggot" however comes from burning homsexuals on a "fag" of sticks.

There is no comparison...

Yurt
06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Wow...To try and make a comparison between "gay" and "faggot" proves how much of a fucking dumbass you are.

There is nothing offensive with calling someone gay, unless its used in a way to say "stupid" or litteraly imply that they are homosexual when they're not.
Gay is recognized as the official term for homosexuals by LGBT and all other gay organizations. (See I just used it)

The term "faggot" however comes from burning homsexuals on a "fag" of sticks.

There is no comparison...

I am offended. I am not "gay" about it.

You seem to only have a problem with stealing words that don't suit your agenda. Gay has as much to do with butt fucking as fag does.

What about:

QUEER

do you like that?

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Queer is dirogatory as well. Why not use homosexual or alternative lifestyle.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:48 PM
Even butt pirate is better then Queer. :laugh2:

darin
06-23-2007, 12:10 AM

Maybe after he said 'faggot' (and then sincerely apologized), the homo called him a nigger. Would that change your opinion?

Here's ONE fact - You have NO IDEA what happened. I think the Fag worked everyone up because he wanted to make a point. Frankly, ANY Fag worth his salt would man up and accept an apology for an offense and not do something GAY like bitch and moan. But that's just it - Some homos and OTHER liberals seriously want to outlaw ANYTHING which could hurt their feelings. They want to see fired ANYONE who doesn't share their point of view. Talk about MORALS?

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Maybe after he said 'faggot' (and then sincerely apologized), the homo called him a nigger. Would that change your opinion?

Here's ONE fact - You have NO IDEA what happened. I think the Fag worked everyone up because he wanted to make a point. Frankly, ANY Fag worth his salt would man up and accept an apology for an offense and not do something GAY like bitch and moan. But that's just it - Some homos and OTHER liberals seriously want to outlaw ANYTHING which could hurt their feelings. They want to see fired ANYONE who doesn't share their point of view. Talk about MORALS?

If the gay guy callled him a nigger then he should have been canned as well. Actually the gay person didn't complain at all, it was everyone watching.

5stringJeff
06-23-2007, 09:55 AM
A relevant video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkA6XJs2Ddk) on the subject.

nevadamedic
07-16-2007, 09:14 PM
A relevant video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkA6XJs2Ddk) on the subject.

Pretty good video.