PDA

View Full Version : FBI invents fake defendant to catch 'corrupt' judge

jimnyc
10-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Thoughts? He wouldn't have been committing this crime had the FBI not sent in a bogus defendant, no? Revelarts? I know you said recently, in reference to a guy who was busted for wanting to commit an act of terrorism, that had similarly been an entire setup by the FBI. What about this one? The judge should be found not guilty, as the crime wouldn't have existed if not "made up"?

I say toss him in the clink. He was willing to violate one of the worst things possible, the public trust, by trying to rig the judicial system. Whether a fake defendant or not, he violated this trust. I hope he gets tossed from the bench, fined more than he'll ever make again in his lifetime, and sent to prison for as long as the law LEGALLY allows, unlike his desire to redefine the legal system.

------

To catch a Philadelphia municipal judge they suspected of corruption, FBI agents invented a defendant — complete with a staged arrest and court appearances.

Court documents from Judge Joseph Waters Jr.’s guilty plea Wednesday to federal mail and wire fraud charges include details of the bogus arrest of a man named David Khoury for illegally carrying an unloaded Glock .40-caliber pistol during a 2012 traffic stop, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

According to the documents, an unnamed campaign donor asked Waters to help Khoury, describing him as a cousin of a business associate. Waters then called a fellow judge who was scheduled to hear the case. According to Waters’ plea document, he identified Khoury as a friend and asked the judge hearing the case to help him. Prosecutors and defense lawyers who worked briefly on Khoury’s case barely remembered the man, and were not in on the FBI’s secret. “As I understand it, none of it was real. This whole sting was orchestrated,” Waters’ attorney, Michael Engle, said.

http://www.orrazz.com/2014/09/fbi-invents-fake-defendant-to-catch.html

LongTermGuy
10-04-2014, 03:44 PM
`FBI invents fake defendant to catch 'corrupt' judge`

*If its shiiit..."one knows for a "fact" its shiiiit"....and smells like shiiiit...*Do what it takes to get rid of the `corrupt` shiiiit....puzzzy footin around with shiiit will only cause it to stink worse..
JMO

`Our new `Politically correct` laws are being used against us....by terrorists...racists and criminals daily for self-gain....and drags things out...

*Sometimes It takes Honey to bring out the real roaches...

Pernicious
10-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Thoughts? He wouldn't have been committing this crime had the FBI not sent in a bogus defendant, no? Revelarts? I know you said recently, in reference to a guy who was busted for wanting to commit an act of terrorism, that had similarly been an entire setup by the FBI. What about this one? The judge should be found not guilty, as the crime wouldn't have existed if not "made up"?

I say toss him in the clink. He was willing to violate one of the worst things possible, the public trust, by trying to rig the judicial system. Whether a fake defendant or not, he violated this trust. I hope he gets tossed from the bench, fined more than he'll ever make again in his lifetime, and sent to prison for as long as the law LEGALLY allows, unlike his desire to redefine the legal system.

------

To catch a Philadelphia municipal judge they suspected of corruption, FBI agents invented a defendant — complete with a staged arrest and court appearances.

Court documents from Judge Joseph Waters Jr.’s guilty plea Wednesday to federal mail and wire fraud charges include details of the bogus arrest of a man named David Khoury for illegally carrying an unloaded Glock .40-caliber pistol during a 2012 traffic stop, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

According to the documents, an unnamed campaign donor asked Waters to help Khoury, describing him as a cousin of a business associate. Waters then called a fellow judge who was scheduled to hear the case. According to Waters’ plea document, he identified Khoury as a friend and asked the judge hearing the case to help him. Prosecutors and defense lawyers who worked briefly on Khoury’s case barely remembered the man, and were not in on the FBI’s secret. “As I understand it, none of it was real. This whole sting was orchestrated,” Waters’ attorney, Michael Engle, said.

http://www.orrazz.com/2014/09/fbi-invents-fake-defendant-to-catch.htmlI am waiting to hear from Terry Bradshaw prior to proffering my opinion.
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6448&stc=1