View Full Version : Hilton: 'I'm so much more grateful'

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Story Highlights
• Paris Hilton says her jail stay has made her "more grateful"
• She says she suffers from claustrophobia
• The millionaire socialite is in jail on a probation violation

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/06/22/paris.jail.reut/index.html

Nows shes getting 1 million for her first live interview when she gets out. This is sickening that she is being rewarded for being in jail.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 06:29 PM
I think you should vist Paris...

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 06:40 PM
I think you should vist Paris...

Hell no, id choke the bitch.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Hell no, id choke the bitch.

Are you sure?

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Are you sure?

Yup she is a spoiled little rich bitch.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 07:25 PM

Not worth your time?

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Not worth your time?

Nope, I just post all different news articles not just her.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Nope, I just post all different news articles not just her.

;)

I won't tell....

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 08:05 PM
;)

I won't tell....

Think what you want, she is a nasty bitch with absolutly no talent what so ever.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 08:09 PM
Think what you want, she is a nasty bitch with absolutly no talent what so ever.

:huddle:

Bro, lets not get into a paris match, she obviously has some talent and obviously some people believe that is true. Hence her fame.

That is all. I'm just messin with you and you know it :beer:

shattered
06-22-2007, 08:12 PM

So spoiled, and so rich that you go in search of stories to post about her every single day, when nobody else gives a flying fuck. :)

They say we want most what we can't have...

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 08:44 PM
:huddle:

Bro, lets not get into a paris match, she obviously has some talent and obviously some people believe that is true. Hence her fame.

That is all. I'm just messin with you and you know it :beer:

She's just famous because some people like sing her act like the whore she is.

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Look's like crime wont pay for Paris! :laugh2:

http://omg.yahoo.com/nbc:-no-money-to-hilton-for-interview/news/588

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 12:07 AM
Paris to be released Tuesday. It also look's like the Sheriff is in deep shit for letting her out, he has to go infront of the county supervisors to explain his major fuck up.

http://omg.yahoo.com/paris-hilton-to-be-released-on-tuesday/news/603

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Over 5,000 fan letters? Geez. Her fan base is mostly made up of little kids, thats a real role model that I want my daughter to have. :laugh2:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20070621/en_celeb_eo/4b87082d_c80b4d67_bfa7_1490491048a4

diuretic
06-23-2007, 12:47 AM
She hasn't been in the slammer long enough to change. I give her two weeks until some turkey of an editor puts her picture on the front page with her partying at some club in LA. And they wonder why circulation is falling.

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 12:52 AM
She hasn't been in the slammer long enough to change. I give her two weeks until some turkey of an editor puts her picture on the front page with her partying at some club in LA. And they wonder why circulation is falling.

I give it 24-48 hours max.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Story Highlights
• Paris Hilton to be released early this week
• "Celebutante" serving sentence for violating probation on a DUI
• Hilton has said jail has made her want to be more responsible, help others
• Some doubt she's serious about those pledges

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/24/paris.interview.ap/index.html

I think that the US should pass a law that if someone is sentanced to jail time and they can afford to pay they should. They should charge them for room and board to help ofset some of the expenses.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Story Highlights
• Paris Hilton to be released early this week
• "Celebutante" serving sentence for violating probation on a DUI
• Hilton has said jail has made her want to be more responsible, help others
• Some doubt she's serious about those pledges

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/24/paris.interview.ap/index.html

I think that the US should pass a law that if someone is sentanced to jail time and they can afford to pay they should. They should charge them for room and board to help ofset some of the expenses.

Like china does when the bill the family for the cost of the bullet when the execute the prisoner...

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Like china does when the bill the family for the cost of the bullet when the execute the prisoner...

It would definatly help ofset costs and hire more guards. It's also usually more expensive to lock these people up as they have to have a special cell and be in protective custody etc.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 06:14 PM
It would definatly help ofset costs and hire more guards. It's also usually more expensive to lock these people up as they have to have a special cell and be in protective custody etc.

Well at least you admit finally that her celebrity status has affected her and that she was not treated equally. (that is, she was treated more unfairly and her being sent back was unfair and cost the taxpayers more money and if she was not a celeb, would not have happened)

:clap:

Btw, she does pay for prison. It is called taxes, we all pay for it. What you are proposing is economic discrimination. So just because someone has more $$, they should be punished more than someone without...

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Well at least you admit finally that her celebrity status has affected her and that she was not treated equally. (that is, she was treated more unfairly and her being sent back was unfair and cost the taxpayers more money and if she was not a celeb, would not have happened)

:clap:

Btw, she does pay for prison. It is called taxes, we all pay for it. What you are proposing is economic discrimination. So just because someone has more $$, they should be punished more than someone without...

No I think it was unfair that she was released in the beginning. She deserves to be in there the whole 45 days. If she wasn't a celeb she would have been in jail her first probation violation.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 06:23 PM
No I think it was unfair that she was released in the beginning. She deserves to be in there the whole 45 days. If she wasn't a celeb she would have been in jail her first probation violation.

That has already been proven false by numerous articles and by posts on this board. I think it has been properly "kicked"

So why do you support economic discrimination? Why is it rich people should be punished more harshly than people with less money?

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 06:32 PM
That has already been proven false by numerous articles and by posts on this board. I think it has been properly "kicked"

So why do you support economic discrimination? Why is it rich people should be punished more harshly than people with less money?

I'd argue that in general 'rich people' serve less than non-rich. I think you are addressing the 'celebrities', who often make it their business to highlight these problems. Look at Paris hawking her release.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 06:38 PM
I'd argue that in general 'rich people' serve less than non-rich. I think you are addressing the 'celebrities', who often make it their business to highlight these problems. Look at Paris hawking her release.

Ok, so you support (I don't agree though):

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Ok, so you support (I don't agree though):

That was my point, rich people aren't 'punished more.' Celebrities for certain actions maybe. Then there was the case of OJ, so even that rule doesn't always hold.

In general, the rich can afford the lawyers that will get them off; get them reduced sentences, etc. The poor, can't. Actually, the middle class cannot afford great legal representation for anything major-which breaking imposed suspension of multiple DUI convictions is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing for more qualified public defenders or some sort of pro se legal representation for the middle class, but this 'problem' just isn't one.

Paris, poor darling, probably needs help and has been crying out for it. The legal system may have given her and her parents reasons to work at solutions for her help, though given the attempt to buy more 'news', I doubt it.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:12 PM

Since you think that celebrities get it so much worse then regular people, name one poerson who wasn't a celeberty who go paid $1,000,000 for their first interview when they got out of jail?

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:16 PM
That was my point, rich people aren't 'punished more.' Celebrities for certain actions maybe. Then there was the case of OJ, so even that rule doesn't always hold.

In general, the rich can afford the lawyers that will get them off; get them reduced sentences, etc. The poor, can't. Actually, the middle class cannot afford great legal representation for anything major-which breaking imposed suspension of multiple DUI convictions is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing for more qualified public defenders or some sort of pro se legal representation for the middle class, but this 'problem' just isn't one.

Paris, poor darling, probably needs help and has been crying out for it. The legal system may have given her and her parents reasons to work at solutions for her help, though given the attempt to buy more 'news', I doubt it.

At first I thought it might be a wakeup call for her but after all of her and her families stunts she hasn't learned anything.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 07:29 PM

That has nothing to do with whether they "should" be punished more their crimes as NM has suggested. Again, do you support this:

I don't really want to get into whether rich or poor are punished more. I don't think there is really any sure way to tell until we do an exhaustive investigation. We may "think" the rich get punished less, but it is only because their crimes tend to make the news, especially with celebrities.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Since you think that celebrities get it so much worse then regular people, name one poerson who wasn't a celeberty who go paid $1,000,000 for their first interview when they got out of jail?

I never said that. So what if she is getting paid. The free market wants to pay her. If you don't like it, don't watch it. You complaining/attention about her on this board has shown WHY she is getting paid.

And you seem to have a habit of ignoring questions posed to you lately, so do try and answer this, I have asked it twice:

Why do you support punishing someone more just because they have more money?

:)

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 07:32 PM
That has nothing to do with whether they "should" be punished more their crimes as NM has suggested. Again, do you support this:

I don't really want to get into whether rich or poor are punished more. I don't think there is really any sure way to tell until we do an exhaustive investigation. We may "think" the rich get punished less, but it is only because their crimes tend to make the news, especially with celebrities.

If you are asking what I think 'should happen', surprise, I think the judicial system should be fair and unbiased. The judge should recognize the abilities of the attorneys and take that into account. Then again, that would be asking for the holy grail.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:33 PM

I never said she should have been punished more, she should be punished according to what the law said. She got off light. Every judge I know would throw the book at someone who violated probation once let alone twice. She was given several chances and thought she was above the law.
I also believe the judge was trying to do an intervention. She was on the path to self distruct just like Belushi, Farley and the rest of them. Except that she went as far as putting the public indanger by driving drunk. If you say driving drunk is a minor offense then your not as bright as I thought you were.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 07:41 PM
I never said she should have been punished more, she should be punished according to what the law said. She got off light. Every judge I know would throw the book at someone who violated probation once let alone twice. She was given several chances and thought she was above the law.
I also believe the judge was trying to do an intervention. She was on the path to self distruct just like Belushi, Farley and the rest of them. Except that she went as far as putting the public indanger by driving drunk. If you say driving drunk is a minor offense then your not as bright as I thought you were.

Yes you did:

You are clearly advocating that if someone can pay, they should be charged their room and board. This is a greater punishment for the rich, period. Their punishment, by having to pay extra $$ than someone else, is discrimination based solely on economics, not the crime.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
If you are asking what I think 'should happen', surprise, I think the judicial system should be fair and unbiased. The judge should recognize the abilities of the attorneys and take that into account. Then again, that would be asking for the holy grail.

I am asking whether a person's economic status is should determine the punishment like NM has suggested. Do you agree with that or not?

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Yes you did:

You are clearly advocating that if someone can pay, they should be charged their room and board. This is a greater punishment for the rich, period. Their punishment, by having to pay extra $$ than someone else, is discrimination based solely on economics, not the crime.

They should have to pay. Anyone who can afford it should have to pay, and if that's not fair then don.t get arrested.

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 07:46 PM
I am asking whether a person's economic status is should determine the punishment like NM has suggested. Do you agree with that or not?

and once again I'm going to reply that I don't think it does. Paris went over the line, aware of media which she had courted would cover. I've already said that the rich, of which Paris is a member, have obvious access to better representation. You disagree? On the other hand, Paris is part of the 'celebrity' as opposed to 'rich'. That did her harm. IMO.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:50 PM
and once again I'm going to reply that I don't think it does. Paris went over the line, aware of media which she had courted would cover. I've already said that the rich, of which Paris is a member, have obvious access to better representation. You disagree? On the other hand, Paris is part of the 'celebrity' as opposed to 'rich'. That did her harm. IMO.

It costs over $25,000 for a decent lawyer for a Gross Mis. Felonies start at over $50,000 and thats for just a decent attorney not a good one. If you dont have money you have to stick with the Public Pretender. Tell me how that is fair?

Yurt
06-24-2007, 07:50 PM
They should have to pay. Anyone who can afford it should have to pay, and if that's not fair then don.t get arrested.

At least you now admit you said it.

I guess the justice is not "blind" in your eyes. You want to punish people simply for being rich, that is bullshit. I don't care if they get arrested, they should not be treated worse simply for having more money.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 07:52 PM
It costs over $25,000 for a decent lawyer for a Gross Mis. Felonies start at over $50,000 and thats for just a decent attorney not a good one. If you dont have money you have to stick with the Public Pretender. Tell me how that is fair?

Then tell your government to pay the attorneys more, NOT punish the people more just because they have money. You have a right to an attorney, you have not RIGHT to a certain attorney.

There are plenty of good PDs out there, don't mock them.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 07:53 PM
At least you now admit you said it.

I guess the justice is not "blind" in your eyes. You want to punish people simply for being rich, that is bullshit. I don't care if they get arrested, they should not be treated worse simply for having more money.

They arn't being treated worse. If they fuck up they should have to pay. You are obviously defending this because you have a boner for Paris. Why should the tax payers have to pay for their fuck ups when they can afford to pay for it.

shattered
06-24-2007, 07:54 PM

Everyone gets what they *pay* for. Nobody is entitled to shit. Want a better lawyer? Pay for one. Can't pay for one? Get a better job. Can't get a better job? Don't do anything that requires you to obtain the services of a lawyer.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 07:55 PM

i apparently missed where you answered it

Kathianne
06-24-2007, 07:57 PM
i apparently missed where you answered it

I can understand that. Sometimes I'm surprised at the posts I miss.

Yurt
06-24-2007, 07:59 PM
They arn't being treated worse. If they fuck up they should have to pay. You are obviously defending this because you have a boner for Paris. Why should the tax payers have to pay for their fuck ups when they can afford to pay for it.

WTF? Screw you NM. You are the one posting thread after thread, post after post about her. I am on here arguing about ALL people not just paris, I already said in this thread I am done talking about paris. So you can your little boner and go back to the closet.

shattered
06-24-2007, 08:06 PM
WTF? Screw you NM. You are the one posting thread after thread, post after post about her. I am on here arguing about ALL people not just paris, I already said in this thread I am done talking about paris. So you can your little boner and go back to the closet.

:clap::clap::clap:

Yurt
06-24-2007, 11:00 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

It appears to be another post and run by the medic, suppose he has "emergencies" elsewhere....

Guernicaa
06-24-2007, 11:04 PM
She is a spoiled bitch...
But The Simple Life is such a funny show.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 11:12 PM

That's why you keep saying what happened to her wasn't fair?

Yurt
06-24-2007, 11:37 PM

dude what is your problem? in post 23 I said the issue is dead, you are the one that keeps bringing her up. my response was directly tied to a new post about PH made by you again today....

nice try.... :poke:

Yurt
06-24-2007, 11:45 PM

Btw, this is a lousy attempt to apologize for you stupid boner comment. You make absolutely no sense sometimes. That boner comment was totally uncalled for. Then again, maybe we should expect such drivel from you...