PDA

View Full Version : "I'll only be gone a few minutes....

LongTermGuy
10-04-2014, 09:31 PM
http://thepoliticsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4336&d=1404700977&thumb=1

“I’ll only be out for a few minutes.” That’s what I said when I exited the house and jumped in the truck and realized that my firearm was still sitting on top of my office desk. Sadly, this wasn’t the first time I have said this, but this day would prove to be the last time I ever use that line as an excuse to not be armed . . . "

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/06/daniel-zimmerman/p320-entry-ill-minutes/

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2014, 08:54 AM
http://thepoliticsforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4336&d=1404700977&thumb=1

“I’ll only be out for a few minutes.” That’s what I said when I exited the house and jumped in the truck and realized that my firearm was still sitting on top of my office desk. Sadly, this wasn’t the first time I have said this, but this day would prove to be the last time I ever use that line as an excuse to not be armed . . . "

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/06/daniel-zimmerman/p320-entry-ill-minutes/

Sorry, can not get your link to work. Maybe my comp but looks like its not to me ..
Check your link.. -Tyr

LongTermGuy
10-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Sorry, can not get your link to work. Maybe my comp but looks like its not to me ..
Check your link.. -Tyr

Try this brother...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Try this brother...

Thanks. That link works...
Truly amazing real life story. I've been cut with a knife, hit many times with objects but never been shot. Been shot at a few times from long range but nothing up close.
Most of that was due to my job but some of its was personal.
My take on life is you are going to live until your appointed time to die, so why be afraid to stand your ground until then?
My father and grandfather both taught me many important things but this one is paramount.
Never , ever not fight back unless not fighting back is your only option, as if in somebody already having a gun on you. If possible always meet opposing force with opposing force. To do less is dishonorable. I've never done the less part. Almost been killed at least a dozen time living that way but none of my family has ever had reason to be ashamed of me....

Guy should have had his weapon, why have conceal carry and not carry?
Being prepared is 90% of the battle if victory is the goal....
I have yet to ever be unprepared.. at least not since reaching manhood.. Fact . --Tyr

LongTermGuy
10-05-2014, 10:31 AM
I feel the guy learned his lesson...and wanted to share....Good reminder....Like wearing a seat-belt...don't forget.! Always at-least have some kind of defensive mechanize ...

jimnyc
10-05-2014, 10:36 AM

I fixed the link for you.

The reason the link didn't work is because whatever/wherever you copied/pasted from, you copied over color/font attributes with it, and the link was being treated as if it wanted to be a color and font as well. The best way to avoid this is to first click the a/A at the upper left hand side of the editor box when posting, which puts you into advanced editor mode. THEN paste an article which may have such attributes. This will be like pasting into a plain text editor and it will strip any attributes and paste it as pure text.

And the image you posted didn't work because it's posted as an attachment at the other board, so the image won't show here when linked like that. You can save it from that site if you like and then upload it to a free image host, or even reattach it here.

LongTermGuy
10-05-2014, 10:40 AM
*You fixed the original Link and thanks....I just re-done the second link...and made it fresh and it works. ...

`Thanks again Jim...Copy dat!

DLT
10-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks. That link works...
Truly amazing real life story. I've been cut with a knife, hit many times with objects but never been shot. Been shot at a few times from long range but nothing up close.
Most of that was due to my job but some of its was personal.
My take on life is you are going to live until your appointed time to die, so why be afraid to stand your ground until then?
My father and grandfather both taught me many important things but this one is paramount.
Never , ever not fight back unless not fighting back is your only option, as if in somebody already having a gun on you. If possible always meet opposing force with opposing force. To do less is dishonorable. I've never done the less part. Almost been killed at least a dozen time living that way but none of my family has ever had reason to be ashamed of me....

Guy should have had his weapon, why have conceal carry and not carry?
Being prepared is 90% of the battle if victory is the goal....
I have yet to ever be unprepared.. at least not since reaching manhood.. Fact . --Tyr

Well, as a female.....I can't imagine not checking to make sure your doors are locked if/when ANY person approaches your vehicle at an intersection. Had he done that, he would not have been stabbed....with or without his gun. Must be a male thingy. My ex-boss/bf/roommate was once robbed in his own garage by a 45-wielding black guy with baggy pants. He was unloading his truck into the garage and was not focused on any potential danger. He "assumed" that he was safe on his own property, in broad daylight and at 5:00 pm when folks were coming home from work. He assumed wrong.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2014, 11:15 AM
Well, as a female.....I can't imagine not checking to make sure your doors are locked if/when ANY person approaches your vehicle at an intersection. Had he done that, he would not have been stabbed....with or without his gun. Must be a male thingy. My ex-boss/bf/roommate was once robbed in his own garage by a 45-wielding black guy with baggy pants. He was unloading his truck into the garage and was not focused on any potential danger. He "assumed" that he was safe on his own property, in broad daylight and at 5:00 pm when folks were coming home from work. He assumed wrong.

Even more so today it is important to be on guard. I am always and yes even here at my home. Of course for various reasons I've always had to do that. Always had several enemies and a few really dangerous ones , such that would love to attack from behind and GAIN THAT ADVANTAGE. Lowlife characters like that have no honor and will always seek to sneak attack if possible to do so.

When I leave my house every morn I check everything as I step out of the front door.
Anything, anything at all looks out of place I go back inside, get my 12 gauge automatic shotgun, then, only then do I go out to investigate.. My neighbors are used to that because we talk about criminals and how best to look out for and protect each others property.

I am not paranoid but am always prepared. I have family to live for, to protect .. Not going to be stupid enough to die due to
carelessness, ambivalence , and/or stupidity.

Anybody coming to my property to do harm with be meet with either shots from a fine 12 gauge loaded with buckshot and slugs or my 45 cal. Kimber.
Criminals will find that they get swift and unmerciful justice from me protecting myself and/or my family.--Tyr

DLT
10-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Even more so today it is important to be on guard. I am always and yes even here at my home. Of course for various reasons I've always had to do that. Always had several enemies and a few really dangerous ones , such that would love to attack from behind and GAIN THAT ADVANTAGE. Lowlife characters like that have no honor and will always seek to sneak attack if possible to do so.

When I leave my house every morn I check everything as I step out of the front door.
Anything, anything at all looks out of place I go back inside, get my 12 gauge automatic shotgun, then, only then do I go out to investigate.. My neighbors are used to that because we talk about criminals and how best to look out for and protect each others property.

I am not paranoid but am always prepared. I have family to live for, to protect .. Not going to be stupid enough to die due to
carelessness, ambivalence , and/or stupidity.

Anybody coming to my property to do harm with be meet with either shots from a fine 12 gauge loaded with buckshot and slugs or my 45 cal. Kimber.
Criminals will find that they get swift and unmerciful justice from me protecting myself and/or my family.--Tyr

I've never had any enemies IRL....just some airhead lefties on the internet (no biggie..lol). But I consider any area of town a "high crime" area ...since... when it happens to you it becomes a major problem area right away.

Thus, I am always armed. Hell, I've been armed with some kind of gun since I was in my 20's. Back then it was a small 22 revolver that my then-husband provided. The size and power of the weapon has only increased with the years.

I also just recently installed a 2-cam security system in my house. Some idiot kept leaving my front courtyard gate (which has loud bells attached to the handle) open between 9 pm and 9 am and I wanted to know who the hell was doing it....since they left no business card or flyer. So far, they haven't been back, but a neighbor's car was broken into last month.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2014, 11:31 AM
I've never had any enemies IRL....just some airhead lefties on the internet (no biggie..lol). But I consider any area of town a "high crime" area ...since... when it happens to you it becomes a major problem area right away.

Thus, I am always armed. Hell, I've been armed with some kind of gun since I was in my 20's. Back then it was a small 22 revolver that my then-husband provided. The size and power of the weapon has only increased with the years.

I also just recently installed a 2-cam security system in my house. Some idiot kept leaving my front courtyard gate (which has loud bells attached to the handle) open between 9 pm and 9 am and I wanted to know who the hell was doing it....since they left no business card or flyer. So far, they haven't been back, but a neighbor's car was broken into last month.

Always be prepared.. I taught my (now grown) daughter that since when she was a child..

MY DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

She now utilizes all that I taught her to protect herself and her family. Shoots better than her husband--much to his dismay. :laugh:

He is a good guy , proud of her choosing him. Although he isn't a really tough guy he is a fine honorable man..

I prefer that for her over his being rough and tuff.. However do wish he were both..
As she lives far away and I can not be there to protect her quickly. A sad reality.. -Tyr