PDA

View Full Version : Transgender students struggling

jimnyc
10-05-2014, 07:29 AM
This article mainly pertains to these confused people and sports in the schools. They need to somehow accommodate 10-11 of them per year. And I ask - WHY? Suppose there were 10-11 reported kids per year who reported to school officials that they have a similar mental issue, but they see males as females and females as males. Do we let them switch bathrooms too, even if it's the smallest minority in existence? What if 10 kids per year report a mental issue where they are literally deathly afraid of the opposite sex? Do they switch bathrooms, given classes with only the same sex? At what point do you separate a responsibility from a school, to a responsibility of the parents/child? Why must EVERY mental issue be accommodated? So now every school that has a transgender student - the opposite sexes need to be placed in a position where they may potentially be uncomfortable in the locker room with the opposite sex? And YES, regardless of what these mental people feel - they ARE the opposite sex - end of story on that one.

Kids with other mental diseases do not get such special treatment. They may get small accommodations, but nothing like this. Many, many, many kids are sent off to private schools or homeschooling, as the schools simply cannot accommodate them. But when it comes to the stupid "lgbt" crap, they must accommodate, or fear the wrath of the liberals and ninnies screaming for equality. Bullshit. Letting a person screwed up in the head to chill in the locker room of the opposite sex is NOT equality. One person accommodated while an entire locker room is displaced? Not equality. Send them to private schools. Send them somewhere where others aren't made uncomfortable. Make a different locker room, let them change in a classroom that is cordoned off. There are TONS of alternatives. But what they want, is to place them in the same locker room, which only serves to tell people they are the "same" and "normal" - THEY ARE NOT.

----

It had been a relatively quiet policy debate until the full-page ad appeared in the local newspaper. “A male wants to shower beside your 14-year-old daughter,” it said. “Are you OK with that?”

The ad, placed by a socially conservative group in Minnesota, was meant to snap attention to a proposal to allow transgender students to play on teams based on their preferred gender rather than the sex assigned to them at birth.

It appears to have worked. More than 100 community members flooded a meeting this week near Minneapolis, and thousands more sent e-mails. In response, the quasi-public body governing high school sports in Minnesota decided to delay a vote on a new policy covering sports participation by transgender students. Members of the board of directors said they needed more time to study the issue.

The policy, which they now plan to vote on in December, was an attempt to grapple with a question that has bedeviled many states: How do you deal with the growing number of children identifying as transgender who want to participate in the highly gender-specific worlds of high school sports and extracurricular activities?

School systems have scrambled to adopt policies to deal with these students while also being sensitive to concerns over locker-room privacy and any advantages a more physically imposing transgender female might have on the field against other girls.

“Generally, our society is becoming more accepting in its understanding of gender identity and what that means, and we’ve been very lucky that in the last few years this cadre of young kids has started identifying themselves as trans from a young age,” said Helen Carroll, sports project director at the National Center for Lesbian Rights, who helped write a model policy for school systems. “It’s really pushing folks to really grapple with and understand what it means.”

But activists like Carroll have run into opposition, including from groups that say gender is a biological fact rather than a social choice and that schools should not cater to a small subset of the student body.

The number of students asking for such accommodations nationally is indeed very low, Carroll said, estimating that, nationally, fewer than 10 students a year make such requests. Advocates and students say that is because transgender students are typically afraid of bullying or very self-conscious about their bodies and therefore choose not to participate in sports.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-question-for-schools-which-sports-teams-should-transgender-students-play-on/2014/10/02/d3f33b06-49c7-11e4-b72e-d60a9229cc10_story.html

tailfins
10-05-2014, 08:52 AM
I have an anxiety problem when my internet is slow. The government should provide me with free gigabit service to accommodate my anxiety.

Gunny
10-05-2014, 10:05 AM
I have an anxiety problem when my internet is slow. The government should provide me with free gigabit service to accommodate my anxiety.

I'm right there with you, buddy. :laugh:

jimnyc
10-05-2014, 10:20 AM

When my internet connection is slow I run outside and kick the neighbors dog. :)

jimnyc
10-05-2014, 10:21 AM
^^^ I kid, I kid. Everyone knows I'm an animal lover. I just kick the neighbor. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2014, 10:41 AM
^^^ I kid, I kid. Everyone knows I'm an animal lover. I just kick the neighbor. :)

Everyone knows I'm an animal lover.

Don't try kicking the dog, a good one will bite back. ;)

Of course you wouldn't ever do that just as I never would.

Best animal friend a man can ever have is a good dog.
Isn't it strange that Islam teaches to hate dogs and NYC muslim cab drivers refuse to allow digs in their vehicles?

As to transgender students, why should the majority be forced to jump thru hoops to please them a very, very small group ?
To be --ALL INCLUSIVE-- is an impossibility and destroys any decent level of harmony.. -Tyr

jimnyc
10-05-2014, 10:47 AM
Hell, I don't even need to kick... just try putting your shoe into my Chihuahua's face, and let him feel threatened, he'll lunge and try and eat your foot and shoe like he hasn't eaten in a month!! And you know the tiny dogs, even at 9 years old, he's got some scary sharp choppers!!

He'll do this as soon as your foot moves towards him...

http://i.imgur.com/gL57Swu.jpg

LongTermGuy
10-05-2014, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=jimnyc;708404]Hell, I don't even need to kick... just try putting your shoe into my Chihuahua's face, and let him feel threatened, he'll lunge and try and eat your foot and shoe like he hasn't eaten in a month!! And you know the tiny dogs, even at 9 years old, he's got some scary sharp choppers!!

http://i.imgur.com/gL57Swu.jpg[/QUOT

`They are Feisty...stand their ground.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBsW4ZA-JSE

DLT
10-05-2014, 11:11 AM

http://i.imgur.com/gL57Swu.jpg

LMAO! That pic would make a great Halloween graphic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBsW4ZA-JSE

And that GS is probably thinking.....as soon as his masters turn their back for just one minute....Lunch!

DLT
10-05-2014, 11:15 AM
This article mainly pertains to these confused people and sports in the schools. They need to somehow accommodate 10-11 of them per year. And I ask - WHY? Suppose there were 10-11 reported kids per year who reported to school officials that they have a similar mental issue, but they see males as females and females as males. Do we let them switch bathrooms too, even if it's the smallest minority in existence? What if 10 kids per year report a mental issue where they are literally deathly afraid of the opposite sex? Do they switch bathrooms, given classes with only the same sex? At what point do you separate a responsibility from a school, to a responsibility of the parents/child? Why must EVERY mental issue be accommodated? So now every school that has a transgender student - the opposite sexes need to be placed in a position where they may potentially be uncomfortable in the locker room with the opposite sex? And YES, regardless of what these mental people feel - they ARE the opposite sex - end of story on that one.

Kids with other mental diseases do not get such special treatment. They may get small accommodations, but nothing like this. Many, many, many kids are sent off to private schools or homeschooling, as the schools simply cannot accommodate them. But when it comes to the stupid "lgbt" crap, they must accommodate, or fear the wrath of the liberals and ninnies screaming for equality. Bullshit. Letting a person screwed up in the head to chill in the locker room of the opposite sex is NOT equality. One person accommodated while an entire locker room is displaced? Not equality. Send them to private schools. Send them somewhere where others aren't made uncomfortable. Make a different locker room, let them change in a classroom that is cordoned off. There are TONS of alternatives. But what they want, is to place them in the same locker room, which only serves to tell people they are the "same" and "normal" - THEY ARE NOT.

----

It had been a relatively quiet policy debate until the full-page ad appeared in the local newspaper. “A male wants to shower beside your 14-year-old daughter,” it said. “Are you OK with that?”

The ad, placed by a socially conservative group in Minnesota, was meant to snap attention to a proposal to allow transgender students to play on teams based on their preferred gender rather than the sex assigned to them at birth.

It appears to have worked. More than 100 community members flooded a meeting this week near Minneapolis, and thousands more sent e-mails. In response, the quasi-public body governing high school sports in Minnesota decided to delay a vote on a new policy covering sports participation by transgender students. Members of the board of directors said they needed more time to study the issue.

The policy, which they now plan to vote on in December, was an attempt to grapple with a question that has bedeviled many states: How do you deal with the growing number of children identifying as transgender who want to participate in the highly gender-specific worlds of high school sports and extracurricular activities?

School systems have scrambled to adopt policies to deal with these students while also being sensitive to concerns over locker-room privacy and any advantages a more physically imposing transgender female might have on the field against other girls.

“Generally, our society is becoming more accepting in its understanding of gender identity and what that means, and we’ve been very lucky that in the last few years this cadre of young kids has started identifying themselves as trans from a young age,” said Helen Carroll, sports project director at the National Center for Lesbian Rights, who helped write a model policy for school systems. “It’s really pushing folks to really grapple with and understand what it means.”

But activists like Carroll have run into opposition, including from groups that say gender is a biological fact rather than a social choice and that schools should not cater to a small subset of the student body.

The number of students asking for such accommodations nationally is indeed very low, Carroll said, estimating that, nationally, fewer than 10 students a year make such requests. Advocates and students say that is because transgender students are typically afraid of bullying or very self-conscious about their bodies and therefore choose not to participate in sports.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-question-for-schools-which-sports-teams-should-transgender-students-play-on/2014/10/02/d3f33b06-49c7-11e4-b72e-d60a9229cc10_story.html

Talk about a "sign of the times".....(sigh). The 60's was the era of "free love". The 90's was the era of "character doesn't matter". And now....we're in the era of the "perpetually offended". Somewhere, somehow, there is always someone out there that is offended about 'something'....and with the idiot left in charge, they WILL be accommodated. It's enough to make you puke.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Talk about a "sign of the times".....(sigh). The 60's was the era of "free love". The 90's was the era of "character doesn't matter". And now....we're in the era of the "perpetually offended". Somewhere, somehow, there is always someone out there that is offended about 'something'....and with the idiot left in charge, they WILL be accommodated. It's enough to make you puke.

It's enough to make you puke

Its enough to make you mad as hell too. At least it does me...
I am not a big fan of the PC idiocy that's made to be the dominant force it is today.
Haven't a PC BONE IN MY BODY, NEVER WILL. FACT.

HAVE PAID AND WILL CONTINUE TO PAY A VERY HEAVY PRICE FOR THAT....
A man does what he must regardless of consequences, at least they do where I am concerned. --TYR

grannyhawkins
10-05-2014, 01:20 PM
The progressive librawl left just loves ta throw science in yur face at every turn, but especially about global war........... I mean anthropogenic climate change, so I'd suggest the school use the science of anatomy to make these kinds of tough decisions for the fruit loops!!!

My problem is, I just cain't understand why these things are so hard ta figure out.

Noir
10-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Not comfortable showering with other people? Shower in a private cubical, or shower at home.

jimnyc
10-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Not comfortable showering with other people? Shower in a private cubical, or shower at home.

I agree 100%. If the transgender person isn't comfortable showering with someone of their own sex, they should do so somewhere privately or do so at home. Only one person has to make a decision this way, and it's the person with the issue.