PDA

View Full Version : Repaying a debt to my dad

gabosaurus
10-05-2014, 08:10 PM
I grew up as a big baseball fan. Despite living in Anaheim, I shared my dad's love of the Dodgers. Despite the high costs of tickets and the long drive, my dad would take me to several games every season. I didn't realize until much later how much my mom and dad sacrificed to be able to do things for my sister and I.

Last week, I was contacted by a friend of a coworker who had tickets to the first two games of the NL Division series against the Cardinals. He had to go out of town and couldn't use them. They were good (and thus very expensive) tickets, so he needed someone who could afford both pairs.
I bought both pair and took my dad on Friday and Saturday night. I considered it a partial repayment for all the games he took me too when I was growing up. :cool:

LongTermGuy
10-05-2014, 08:13 PM
`That was very nice Gabby...understand and good for you...Thanks for the share...brings back memories...`:clap:

gabosaurus
10-05-2014, 08:15 PM
`That was very nice Gabby...understand and good for you...Thanks for the share...brings back memories...`:clap:

Care to share? What did your dad (or mom) do for you growing up that affected your life?

LongTermGuy
10-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Care to share? What did your dad (or mom) do for you growing up that affected your life?

`Dad and mom have done so many things for me gabby...to many to list and don't really care to share gabby...for only me to know appreciate...and always remember....My "good for you" comment above was just for you gabby......`

gabosaurus
10-05-2014, 08:33 PM
`Dad and mom have done so many things for me gabby...to many to list and don't really care to share gabby...for only me to know appreciate...and always remember....My "good for you" comment above was just for you gabby......`

Still cool that your parents were able and willing to make sacrifices for you. I hope I can create those kinds of lasting memories for my daughter.

LongTermGuy
10-05-2014, 08:36 PM
Still cool that your parents were able and willing to make sacrifices for you. I hope I can create those kinds of lasting memories for my daughter.

`sounds good Gabby...thanks....Good night....`

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-05-2014, 08:58 PM
I grew up as a big baseball fan. Despite living in Anaheim, I shared my dad's love of the Dodgers. Despite the high costs of tickets and the long drive, my dad would take me to several games every season. I didn't realize until much later how much my mom and dad sacrificed to be able to do things for my sister and I.

Last week, I was contacted by a friend of a coworker who had tickets to the first two games of the NL Division series against the Cardinals. He had to go out of town and couldn't use them. They were good (and thus very expensive) tickets, so he needed someone who could afford both pairs.
I bought both pair and took my dad on Friday and Saturday night. I considered it a partial repayment for all the games he took me too when I was growing up. :cool:

That was a great act of love shown your Dad. I only wish my father was alive when I reached adulthood to have been able to repay him for his many , many sacrifices!

Your act deserves a big bravo and I sincerely give it to you now..
Bravo!!!! -Tyr

PixieStix
10-06-2014, 08:24 AM
That was a very nice thing Gabby

I could never do enough to repay my Dad. He is a great man.

DLT
10-06-2014, 10:48 AM

I got my parents hooked on video games back in the 80's. It was fun giving them a "toy" they could enjoy after all of the years of them giving to me. I took full credit for their "joystick carpul tunnel" condition....lol.