PDA

View Full Version : `Missing Madeleine: alleged online troll found dead`

LongTermGuy
10-06-2014, 11:14 PM
http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/4IXBH4tpQ3t3JZbw84POTA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTY2NTtweW9mZj0wO3E9Nj k7dz05NjA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/9330f69c4bc2b927610f6a706700914f.jpg

FILE - In this Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2011 file photo, Gerry and Kate McCann arrive to testify at the Leveson inquiry at the Royal Courts of Justice in central London. A woman who was accused of sending Internet abuse to the parents of missing girl Madeleine McCann has been found dead in a hotel room in Leicester, central England, on Saturday Oct. 4, 2014. Her death has revived debate about media responsibility and how best to respond to online “trolls.” (AP Photo/Lefteris Pitarakis, File)

`LONDON (AP) — A woman who was accused of sending Internet abuse to the parents of missing girl Madeleine McCann has been found dead in a hotel room. Her death has revived debate about media responsibility and how best to respond to online "trolls."

`Television channel Sky News identified 63-year-old Brenda Leyland as a Twitter user who had attacked Kate and Gerry McCann under the name "sweepyface."
Last week, a Sky News reporter confronted Leyland — who lived in the same county as the McCanns — on camera about the alleged abuse. She replied that she was entitled to send the tweets.
Police confirmed that Leyland's body was found in a hotel room near Leicester in central England on Saturday.`

Ms. Leyland's death is not being treated as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner," police said. "Officers acting on behalf of the coroner will look into the circumstances surrounding and prior to her unexpected death."

`Much more if interested:

http://news.yahoo.com/missing-madeleine-alleged-online-troll-found-dead-083138683.html

`Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from liability for your words.

Either way, to harass a couple who has lost a child is heinous.....`

LongTermGuy
10-06-2014, 11:18 PM
`My heart goes out to them. First they lose their daughter and then end up suffering this type of abuse. How horrible.`

gabosaurus
10-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead

--John Lennon

Stiletto
10-07-2014, 01:04 AM
While it's human nature to empathize with what Madeleine's parents are going through, at the same time it's virtually impossible to fully grasp the true-life horror their lives have become.

That their daughter was abducted and is still missing is a parent's worst nightmare -- the number of cases of missing children that take place is both tragic and sickening.

In most cases, it seems as though missing/abducted children are, all too often, eventually found -- usually sexually assaulted, murdered, and then discarded like trash being dumped, which is what the sick fucks that perpetrate these crimes consider these precious children to be.

It's a completely different situation, however, when a child goes missing and isn't found. In those situations, parents are put through an entirely different type of hell -- one of not knowing if their child is alive of dead; if alive, worrying and wondering (to put it mildly) scared shitless about what kind of sordid horror their poor child is being forced to endure, whether she or he will survive or if the sick fuck will murder their beloved child to "hide evidence" or kill just for kicks (in their twisted mind).

In the case of Brenda Leyland, however, it gives one pause to wonder just what kind of sick, demented mind could consider her vicious attacks directed at the McCanns on Twitter to be something that she was "entitle to do" (her words in an interview with Sky News).

Even though the Madeleine McCann case was one that raised questions regarding the circumstances of her disappearance resulting in International news coverage, no parents, including the McCanns, were deserving of this level of harassment and online assault.

Now that the perpetrator of these tweets, Brenda Leyland, is now taking the proverbial dirt-nap, I won't lose any sleep over her death. Anyone who felt that her actions and words, calling the McCanns "evil" and "criminal," along with other comments attacking them, were, in her sick mind, perfectly alright and had no sense of guilt or remorse for what she did, isn't worth mourning.

As for the McCanns, I'm not one who prays, but I sincerely hope that they find some answers as to what happened to Madeleine. With hope and luck, there will be a happy reunion (as there was in the case of Elizabeth Smart or Jaycee Dugard), but if that's not the case, may they find some sense of closure in one form or another.

LongTermGuy
10-07-2014, 08:45 AM

--John Lennon

`I see you still following me around in this thread and a few others......caint you post any of your own stories...? Your like a skid mark ....buzz off...

tailfins
10-07-2014, 08:58 AM

--John Lennon

Why would a Christian such as yourself promote Karma? :unsure:

`I see you still following me around in this thread and a few others......caint you post any of your own stories...? Your like a skid mark ....buzz off...

She wants you! :bighug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq204wG8UfA