PDA

View Full Version : Ebola - Spanish outbreak

Drummond
10-07-2014, 06:20 AM
Latest, breaking news I've just seen on the domestic BBC News channel ... the nurse in Spain who contracted Ebola in the hospital where she was working, is now one of a total FIVE confirmed cases in Spain. See this, yet to be fully updated (.. as I type ..) ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29516882

The nurse treated two Spanish priests who both died of the virus.

Investigations are under way at a hospital in Madrid after a Spanish nurse became the first person known to have contracted the deadly Ebola virus outside West Africa.

The European Commission has asked Spain to explain how the nurse could have become infected.

I think it's fair to say that this is the tip of the iceberg. One Spanish nurse contracting Ebola had to mean that others were infected ... and an investigation led to the discovery of four other infected people.

How may more remain undetected ?!?

My impression is that 'the authorities' ... be they here in Europe, or in your part of the world, are pathetically unprepared for what's fast becoming a global emergency. I believe this unpreparedness, or 'lethargy', will do a lot to facilitate the global pandemic I think we're at the cusp of seeing develop.

My belief: borders, yours in the US, and mine, in the UK, need to be closed without further delay ... in the hope that it's not already too late to do it !!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Latest, breaking news I've just seen on the domestic BBC News channel ... the nurse in Spain who contracted Ebola in the hospital where she was working, is now one of a total FIVE confirmed cases in Spain. See this, yet to be fully updated (.. as I type ..) ..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29516882

I think it's fair to say that this is the tip of the iceberg. One Spanish nurse contracting Ebola had to mean that others were infected ... and an investigation led to the discovery of four other infected people.

How may more remain undetected ?!?

My impression is that 'the authorities' ... be they here in Europe, or in your part of the world, are pathetically unprepared for what's fast becoming a global emergency. I believe this unpreparedness, or 'lethargy', will do a lot to facilitate the global pandemic I think we're at the cusp of seeing develop.

My belief: borders, yours in the US, and mine, in the UK, need to be closed without further delay ... in the hope that it's not already too late to do it !!!!

You know who has to be in total control to stop an epidemic like this if one starts?
That's right-government, and if we have an Ebola epidemic here it will seize total dictatorial control and never relinquish it. Not with the traitor we have now in charge.
One must ask why he insisted we bring in those infected people and keep our borders wide open!
I know why but most refuse to believe it..
The traitor and destroyer from within.--Tyr

fj1200
10-07-2014, 10:00 AM
BO is infecting the Spaniards too?!? Man he's good. :eek:

Drummond
10-07-2014, 10:16 AM
BO is infecting the Spaniards too?!? Man he's good. :eek:

Oh dear. Rubbishing criticism of Obama .. AGAIN ? Rushing in to find a way of offering a further defence of that Leftie ?

... How very 'FJ' of you, FJ ....

I for one lack the smallest reason to doubt Tyr's concern.

Still, all this aside .. we're talking about peoples' lives here. I stick to what I said before - there's a great need to stem the threat. Practicalities need to be the concern at present.

DLT
10-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Oh dear. Rubbishing criticism of Obama .. AGAIN ? Rushing in to find a way of offering a further defence of that Leftie ?

... How very 'FJ' of you, FJ ....

I for one lack the smallest reason to doubt Tyr's concern.

Still, all this aside .. we're talking about peoples' lives here. I stick to what I said before - there's a great need to stem the threat. Practicalities need to be the concern at present.

Yes....however....practicalities will never trump the left's political correctness, the race-baiting by Democrats, or their leftist agenda....which prohibits discriminating against blacks by allowing all to come to the USA, infected or not. Note that Obama suspended air travel to Israel last month over a political agenda issue. But the health and well-being, not to mention survival, of Americans re: imported deadly diseases is unimportant to THIS president.

fj1200
10-07-2014, 12:47 PM
Oh dear.

Oh my, you're about to step in it again.

Drummond
10-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Yes....however....practicalities will never trump the left's political correctness, the race-baiting by Democrats, or their leftist agenda....which prohibits discriminating against blacks by allowing all to come to the USA, infected or not. Note that Obama suspended air travel to Israel last month over a political agenda issue. But the health and well-being, not to mention survival, of Americans re: imported deadly diseases is unimportant to THIS president.

Your point about Obama suspending air travel to Israel, but NOT caring to do the equivalent to serve the interests of Americans, is a very good one in this context. Well said !!

Drummond
10-07-2014, 04:18 PM
Oh my, you're about to step in it again.

So, now you're talking to yourself ? :tinfoil:

At least it's an honest comment .... commendable insight ...

fj1200
10-07-2014, 05:05 PM
So, now you're talking to yourself ? :tinfoil:

At least it's an honest comment .... commendable insight ...

The internet equivalent of I know you are but what am I... quite impressive.