PDA

View Full Version : Feminists claim famous Times Square VJ day kiss was SEX ATTACK

Pernicious
10-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Feminists in France are demanding that an iconic statue based on the famous VJ-day photo is torn down because it ‘portrays a sexual assault’.
The sculpture, which honours a photograph of a kiss in Times Square that captured New York’s celebration as the Second World War ended, is currently on display outside the Caen Memorial Museum near Pegasus Bridge in Normandy.
It has been given to the museum on a one-year loan by the Sculpture Foundation in California to mark the 70th anniversary of the end of the Second World War.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2783251/French-feminists-fury-demand-Normandy-statue-based-famous-VJ-day-photo-torn-portrays-sexual-assault.html#ixzz3FW6fu8Sj

Thunderknuckles
10-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Feminists in France are demanding that an iconic statue based on the famous VJ-day photo is torn down because it ‘portrays a sexual assault’.
The sculpture, which honours a photograph of a kiss in Times Square that captured New York’s celebration as the Second World War ended, is currently on display outside the Caen Memorial Museum near Pegasus Bridge in Normandy.
It has been given to the museum on a one-year loan by the Sculpture Foundation in California to mark the 70th anniversary of the end of the Second World War.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2783251/French-feminists-fury-demand-Normandy-statue-based-famous-VJ-day-photo-torn-portrays-sexual-assault.html#ixzz3FW6fu8Sj

Well, by today's standards it would be considered a sexual assault. But that photo came to stand for so much more and Ms. Friedman never seemed to have an issue with it.
In the grander scheme of things, I don't agree with judging the past by today's standards. If we're going to go down that road we might as well tear everything down.

Stiletto
10-08-2014, 02:38 AM
More proof that these so-called feminists have completely lost touch with The Greatest Generation.

I'm part of what's considered the MTV Generation - too young to be a baby boomer, but too old to be considered part of Generation X (a group with which I would be loathe to be lumped with), but seeing as how History is something I am passionate about, it makes my blood boil when I discover this kind of bullshit taking place by these "know-it-all" little shits who consider anyone who values more traditional ideas as out-of-touch, ignorant old farts and fuddy-duddies.

In this day and age, most of those under the age of 55-60 have no fucking clue as to the horrors of what war was like back then -- while today's warfare has troops on the ground, the battles that the soldiers who fought in the European and Pacific Theaters were extremely different. The air support back then was a different creature; they fought without the support of bombs and missiles with pinpoint accuracy that's taken for granted in today's modern warfare, and most of the battles were fought by troops on the ground with most of their support coming from the tank battalions.

One other major difference was the relationships between men and women back during WWII. If I had to wager a guess, there are nowhere near the number of wartime brides in this day and age compared to back then. It's also interesting that those marriages from back then tended to last for decades, with the term "until death do us part" from marriage vows taken seriously. That is a stark difference compared to today when couples have a tendency to treat marriage as something casual with divorce being something commonplace and no big deal.

As for the statue, again, these naive, pampered little shits seem to be unable to comprehend what it meant when WWII came to an end. For those who lived for several years under Nazi occupation, the meaning of liberation was something that the youth and younger adults of today cannot begin to grasp. The celebrations in those countries was something not likely to be seen ever again (unless there is another world war on the same scale as what took place from thie mid-1930s until 1945.

Sex attack, my fat ass. The kiss represented in the statue that these spoiled brats claim is a sex attack need to read up on their history -- the real history, not the revised shit taught at most colleges and universities. it's representative of just their joy and appreciation was for the Allied soldiers who fought, were wounded, and died to free them from the tyranny under which they lived. If sex attacks were taking place as they claim that statue represents, I would think that the women wouldn't have been enthusiastically jumping on and kissing/making out with the men.

Noir
10-08-2014, 07:31 AM
The event was unquestionably a drunken, non-consensual, sexual assault. While that may not be what it represents, that does not mean it wasn't so.

Gaffer
10-08-2014, 09:28 AM
The event was unquestionably a drunken, non-consensual, sexual assault. While that may not be what it represents, that does not mean it wasn't so.

So she sexually assaulted the poor guy? Ever see the film clip of that kiss? And they were drunk with joy that the war was finally over. A lot of soldiers and sailors received kisses from women they didn't know. And sex was not something engaged in lightly in those days in spite of what TV and the movies like to portray.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-08-2014, 09:41 AM

Assault? :laugh:

Yes it was and both parties were all smiles about it.

Now that's the kind of assault we all should have to enjoy! - :laugh: -Tyr

darin
10-08-2014, 09:53 AM

I read that as sarcasm. please tell me I'm correct. Please tell me you don't REALLY think that way. If you think that way...oh my god.

Noir
10-08-2014, 10:26 AM
So she sexually assaulted the poor guy? Ever see the film clip of that kiss? And they were drunk with joy that the war was finally over. A lot of soldiers and sailors received kisses from women they didn't know. And sex was not something engaged in lightly in those days in spite of what TV and the movies like to portray.

Can you give me a link to the video? I've only ever seen the photo and read the woman's description of the event. The description is clearly that of an assault, consent is not retrospective.

PixieStix
10-08-2014, 10:43 AM

Are you serious? :laugh:

Bilgerat
10-08-2014, 10:48 AM
Are you serious? :laugh:

He does appear to be

Noir
10-08-2014, 10:54 AM
Man grabs and kisses woman without consent. It doesn't get more simple than that.

darin
10-08-2014, 11:59 AM
misogynistic of you, Noir. Shows lack of societal evolution...verycave-man of you, as if women are so weak and whatnot.<o:p></o:p>

Trigg
10-08-2014, 12:36 PM
The woman said she was surprised by the kiss, she never says that she considered it an assault.

If the woman in question doesn't consider the kiss an assault why should anyone else???

Noir
10-08-2014, 12:57 PM
The woman said she was surprised by the kiss, she never says that she considered it an assault.

If the woman in question doesn't consider the kiss an assault why should anyone else???

Because consent is no retrospective. If, afterwards, she decided it was fine, that's grand, but that does not mean what the solider did was consensual.

jimnyc
10-08-2014, 01:18 PM
I've been assaulted by ladies at church over the years. My wife's aunt and grandmother have assaulted me. Teachers have assaulted me. The amount of times I have received kisses over the years, that were unwanted, is actually rather high. One of my sons friends mother recently ran into me at the department store, landed a small kiss on me before I could even think. Should have called the cops on her!!

Pernicious
10-08-2014, 01:26 PM
i've been assaulted by ladies at church over the years. My wife's aunt and grandmother have assaulted me. Teachers have assaulted me. The amount of times i have received kisses over the years, that were unwanted, is actually rather high. One of my sons friends mother recently ran into me at the department store, landed a small kiss on me before i could even think. Should have called the cops on her!!warning - never kiss and tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gunny
10-08-2014, 01:32 PM
Can you give me a link to the video? I've only ever seen the photo and read the woman's description of the event. The description is clearly that of an assault, consent is not retrospective.

Yeah? It was clearly 1945, not 2014. Please tell us what you remember of that particular year .....

Consent IS retrospective. Determined by the culture of the day. Not TOday.

jimnyc
10-08-2014, 01:34 PM
warning - never kiss and tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't kiss and tell, I was assaulted!! I didn't kiss back or want any of them. It shouldn't matter whether a deep tongue kiss, on the lips or on the cheeks, and unwanted touching/kissing is assault. I sure as hell don't want strangers kissing me on the cheek at church at functions, and having the audacity to bless me.

And worse even, a girl pinched my ass back in HS. Yep, dirty woman should have served time!!

:)

darin
10-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Because consent is no retrospective. If, afterwards, she decided it was fine, that's grand, but that does not mean what the solider did was consensual.

Holy shitballs dude. Your interpretation of the events Is retrospecitve - revisionary - and plain goofy.

It's like this - It's like you'd support a woman flashing her boobs during Mardi Gras SUING everyone who looked; everyone who wasn't the intended target.

jimnyc
10-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Holy Crap, I just thought of something. And old Italian guy once kissed me on both cheeks. I must have blocked it out, due to the severity of the assault. :(

Gunny
10-08-2014, 01:42 PM
I had no idea I've been sexually assaulted all these years. Shouldn't I feel damaged or something? :laugh:

Noir
10-08-2014, 01:58 PM
I've been assaulted by ladies at church over the years. My wife's aunt and grandmother have assaulted me. Teachers have assaulted me. The amount of times I have received kisses over the years, that were unwanted, is actually rather high. One of my sons friends mother recently ran into me at the department store, landed a small kiss on me before I could even think. Should have called the cops on her!!

Is that what you would say to a woman who confided in you she had been assaulted?

Gaffer
10-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Noir is a prime example of everything that's wrong with the UK these days. And no Noir I don't have a link. The clip is part of a couple of documentary films about WW2. Maybe you should try watching some of them and get a feel for what your forefathers did so that you could have the life you do, uneducated as it is.

jimnyc
10-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Is that what you would say to a woman who confided in you she had been assaulted?

If truly an assault, of course not. The ENTIRE WORLD saw that "assault". If the charges met the crime, they would have been filed, she would have complained. But yeah, now that we look back upon it, I think they need to dig this guy up and charge him. :(

Noir
10-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Yeah? It was clearly 1945, not 2014. Please tell us what you remember of that particular year .....

Consent IS retrospective. Determined by the culture of the day. Not TOday.

Consent is retrospective? Wow, so like, if you had consensual sexual relations with a woman, the the next day she decided 'in retrospect i do not consent' you'd consider yourself a rapist?

jimnyc
10-08-2014, 02:04 PM
From Wiki:

She related that at the time she thought she might as well let him kiss her since he fought for her in the war.

She LET HIM. No assault, end of story, good night.

Noir
10-08-2014, 02:06 PM
If truly an assault, of course not. The ENTIRE WORLD saw that "assault". If the charges met the crime, they would have been filed, she would have complained. But yeah, now that we look back upon it, I think they need to dig this guy up and charge him. :(

Just because she didn't seek his arrest doesn't mean he didn't assault her. The crime is committed in the action, not the aftermath. If she *had* of gone to the police after this photo, would you then consider that he did assault her?

jimnyc
10-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Just because she didn't seek his arrest doesn't mean he didn't assault her. The crime is committed in the action, not the aftermath. If she *had* of gone to the police after this photo, would you then consider that he did assault her?

Not if she told the police she allowed it.

Gunny
10-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Consent is retrospective? Wow, so like, if you had consensual sexual relations with a woman, the the next day she decided 'in retrospect i do not consent' you'd consider yourself a rapist?

Yes? I almost thought you were halfway intelligent.

Consent is based on social mores. Not the ones you decided on today. Your comments in this thread are the comments of people I love to hate. Judging the pat by today's standard.

Admit it, you're jealous because he's normal and picked a girl to kiss.

Pernicious
10-08-2014, 02:12 PM
I didn't kiss and tell, I was assaulted!! I didn't kiss back or want any of them. It shouldn't matter whether a deep tongue kiss, on the lips or on the cheeks, and unwanted touching/kissing is assault. I sure as hell don't want strangers kissing me on the cheek at church at functions, and having the audacity to bless me.

And worse even, a girl pinched my ass back in HS. Yep, dirty woman should have served time!!

:)I just hate it when that happens.http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6499&stc=1

Noir
10-08-2014, 02:14 PM
If you had consensual sexual relations with a woman, the the next day she decided 'in retrospect i do not consent' you'd consider yourself a rapist?

Yes?

This is mind blowing.

Gunny
10-08-2014, 03:23 PM
This is mind blowing.

This is a response? :dunno:

namvet
10-08-2014, 07:09 PM
French pussy's telling us what to do. what a :laugh:

aboutime
10-09-2014, 07:21 PM
French pussy's telling us what to do. what a :laugh:

namvet. There's a reason the French Army wears BROWN pants. Anyone want to guess WHY?

Anyhow. It's only a few of the worthless, thankless French who are complaining. Probably never learned how the USA saved their butt's.

And only now. They are feeling all of the courage an OBAMA leader-less agenda can muster.

red state
10-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Really, Noir......I mean....REALLY!? I've seen the video. All were ALL smiles that day....no link tho, sorry. I know how libs like links but you'll just have to take my word for it. Perhaps the History Channel or someone will send you the clip. Again.....REALLY?! How disappointing that you were not kidding around as I had hoped and as DMP had suspected.

red state
10-09-2014, 10:08 PM
Oh....here's a link. It isn't the link I was hoping for but I did find this one a winner.

The "victim" had no issue with the initial kiss and even let another sailor (YEARS LATER) kiss her.

She died a happy woman in 2010 and her attacker died recently. I saw, read or viewed no complaints or regrets from either party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RMINU-O_DlU

red state
10-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Hhmmmmm....she was born the same year as my grandpa. She certainly didn't seem to be distraught over the "attack". In fact, it seems to have been one of the brighter highlights of her life and something she was extremely proud of (a special place in history). Why do liberals and pretend-CONservatives have to ruin such special moments, symbols and tradition?!

Thank you, sailor.....thank you, nurse for that special moment!!!!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-10-2014, 08:08 AM
Hhmmmmm....she was born the same year as my grandpa. She certainly didn't seem to be distraught over the "attack". In fact, it seems to have been one of the brighter highlights of her life and something she was extremely proud of (a special place in history). Why do liberals and pretend-CONservatives have to ruin such special moments, symbols and tradition?!

Thank you, sailor.....thank you, nurse for that special moment!!!!

The going liberal/dem tactic is too attack everything great about this war mongering , capitalistic hate-filled nation.
You can not blame Noir for going with the progressive stupidity that reigns among the so-called enlightened people.
Or can you? :laugh: -Tyr

namvet
10-10-2014, 09:05 AM
funny how those french women went after GI's

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1691864/thumbs/o-107419977-900.jpg

namvet
10-10-2014, 09:20 AM
http://aseachange.com/elenarossini/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/labarbe03.jpg

ok which one of you fems are gonna cook me a hot meal and give me a blow job???

DLT
10-10-2014, 11:25 AM

Just heard Rush use a new term that applies to these silly lesbo twits perfectly. Dipexcrements. lol

As usual, there IS no controversy, no assault and no "cause", reason or excuse for their stupid agenda-driven BS. Where are they and their "support" when it comes to defending women victims of real assaults and rapes? Did they show ANY support whatsoever for Juanita Broaderick? Hell no. Political correctness and leftistism rules their phony cause.

Just like Obama, the Democrats and the leftist media....these "women" are fakes and phony whiners. They need to go away and STFU.

Trigg
10-10-2014, 02:16 PM

If SHE considered it an assault, than that is what it would have been. If she had sought out the police and went after the guy than it's an assault.

She has never said she considered it an assault, she said she was surprised when she was asked about the episode years later.

Who are we to decide, decades later, that she was assaulted. I would think the woman would know, since it happened to her.

The "crime" occurs when SHE says it was a crime, the feminists and you are are reading something into it that just isn't there.

aboutime
10-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Really, Noir......I mean....REALLY!? I've seen the video. All were ALL smiles that day....no link tho, sorry. I know how libs like links but you'll just have to take my word for it. Perhaps the History Channel or someone will send you the clip. Again.....REALLY?! How disappointing that you were not kidding around as I had hoped and as DMP had suspected.

What's really, really funny about all of this BS stuff about a photo....taken in 1945 is. Everyone who is complaining, and claiming that woman should have accused the sailor of WHATEVER their DERANGED little minds want...Kind of late to worry about it now? Don't cha Think?

With political correctness spreading faster than a FIVE DOLLAR WHORE'S LEGS these days. It seems like the newest, more recognizable sport the BRAINLESS, and IGNORANT run to is "That need to always find something to Complain about, whine about, be offended about, or declare being insulted about" as the only thing they know.

red state
10-11-2014, 12:59 PM
What's really, really funny about all of this BS stuff about a photo....taken in 1945 is. Everyone who is complaining, and claiming that woman should have accused the sailor of WHATEVER their DERANGED little minds want...Kind of late to worry about it now? Don't cha Think?

With political correctness spreading faster than a FIVE DOLLAR WHORE'S LEGS these days. It seems like the newest, more recognizable sport the BRAINLESS, and IGNORANT run to is "That need to always find something to Complain about, whine about, be offended about, or declare being insulted about" as the only thing they know.

Yes, with both parties now in the ground, I would say that it is a lil' too late to worry with them or what they CONSENTED to and were proud of. What the left intends to do is wipe away any VICTORY or remnant of victory from America cuz that statue and video is everlasting proof (if you will) of the USA's GREATNESS!!!! and 'THEY' can't stand it!