PDA

View Full Version : Are you created in God's image?

Gnostic Christian Bishop
10-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Are you created in God's image?

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
¯ Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

If you are a Christian, are you capable of following your God?

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Are you created in God’s image?

Regards
DL

jimnyc
10-08-2014, 01:15 PM
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

Yep, about sums me up!

Gunny
10-08-2014, 01:19 PM

Scriptures tell us to be like God and emulate all he does as we are to follow in his footsteps.

Would you be able and willing to do some of the things the bible shows God doing?

Regards
DL

Yep.

Damn, that was too easy.

Gunny
10-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Yep, about sums me up!

No sh*t. I didn't even read your post until after responding. :)

DLT
10-08-2014, 01:32 PM

Regards
DL

All humans are sinners and are therefore imperfect. All we can do is strive to be what God wants us to be and above all, to love our neighbor....meaning to love others. God does not require us to do "some of the things that God has done". We can't emulate God. We can only strive to live our lives according to his Word.

I know the difference between right and wrong and I live according to that. I have not always succeeded in doing ONLY right vs. wrong, but I pray to be forgiven for my transgressions. All we can do is pray for that and hope God judges us with love.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
10-08-2014, 03:21 PM
Yep, about sums me up!

In that case.

:slap:

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
10-08-2014, 03:23 PM
Yep.

Damn, that was too easy.

What can I say.

:slap:

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
10-08-2014, 03:26 PM
All humans are sinners and are therefore imperfect. All we can do is strive to be what God wants us to be and above all, to love our neighbor....meaning to love others. God does not require us to do "some of the things that God has done". We can't emulate God. We can only strive to live our lives according to his Word.

I know the difference between right and wrong and I live according to that. I have not always succeeded in doing ONLY right vs. wrong, but I pray to be forgiven for my transgressions. All we can do is pray for that and hope God judges us with love.

If you know right from wrong, how can you follow such a wrong God?

You say God judges with love.

Is God a just judge?

This speaks of Jesus.
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

The above quote shows this as Gods first actual judgement and shows his setting and accepting a bribe of a human sacrifice to corrupt or alter his justice and judgement.

Justice usually states that only the punishment of the guilty is acceptable to justice and that it would be unjust to punish the innocent.

God’s corruption of this usual justice is what the bribe or sacrifice of Jesus bought. Injustice.

If you elect your judges in your country, would you vote God in as a fair and just judge knowing that he can be bribed?

Is God a just judge?

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
10-08-2014, 03:34 PM
All humans are sinners and are therefore imperfect. .

Are you aware of this quote and what do you think of it as it applies to what you wrote?

“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Gunny
10-08-2014, 03:35 PM
If you know right from wrong, how can you follow such a wrong God?

You say God judges with love.

Is God a just judge?

This speaks of Jesus.
He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

The above quote shows this as Gods first actual judgement and shows his setting and accepting a bribe of a human sacrifice to corrupt or alter his justice and judgement.

Justice usually states that only the punishment of the guilty is acceptable to justice and that it would be unjust to punish the innocent.

God’s corruption of this usual justice is what the bribe or sacrifice of Jesus bought. Injustice.

If you elect your judges in your country, would you vote God in as a fair and just judge knowing that he can be bribed?

Is God a just judge?

Regards
DL

Why do you wrongly assume people follow a wrong God?

You're not going to win this argument, kaa. And if you wanted to pick one MF-er on this board that'll rip you a new one? Hi. :wraparms:

revelarts
10-08-2014, 04:10 PM
the person Dawkin's describes is certainly "fictional".

Regards
DL

Sooo DL? do you believe we should apply all the Scriptures based on an honest reading or just what you selectively quote?

if you want an honest answer i can give you one.
But you'd have to assume ALL of the scripture applies and not just a few verses here an there that would create only a partial understanding or serious misunderstanding.

Are you willing to do that, or are you just attempting to stir up doubt, working in the image of
the serpent?

gabosaurus
10-08-2014, 04:43 PM
I am a blonde hair, blue eye female. I am as close to God's image as you can be. :batteyes:

Gunny
10-08-2014, 05:37 PM
I am a blonde hair, blue eye female. I am as close to God's image as you can be. :batteyes:

Shut up. You're created from a rib. Blond hair, blue eyes = evil as Hell. Just not that smart. :)

tailfins
10-08-2014, 05:44 PM

So was Phyllis Diller.

NightTrain
10-08-2014, 07:30 PM

Regards
DL

Yep.

So, on another note, Gnostic, have all the prayers done anything for you yet?

There are LOTS of us right here on this very board that are praying for you.

Every time you come back for more attention, we all renew our prayer efforts because we can see that you're crying out for help.

Here's another church in Ottawa you should check out :

St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, conveniently located at 82 Kent Street, Ottawa, K1P5N9.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6503&stc=1

I looked at some pictures, there's a few babes in the congregation! You might get lucky!

Jeff
10-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Shut up. You're created from a rib. Blond hair, blue eyes = evil as Hell. Just not that smart. :)

IDK Blond hair Blue eyes she is on the right path sure enough :laugh:

gabosaurus
10-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Blond hair, blue eyes = evil as Hell.

I can't disagree with this. :bunny4:

jimnyc
10-09-2014, 05:39 AM

Not true. You are not a blonde and why would you state that?

Gnostic Christian Bishop
10-09-2014, 06:32 AM

You're not going to win this argument, kaa. And if you wanted to pick one MF-er on this board that'll rip you a new one? Hi. :wraparms:

The fact that you guys will not engage shows you that you have already lost as you know you cannot justify.

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for you to quit using your "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so you will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

The God of the OT says...“Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can you reason with God when you throw away reason?

Religions, especially Christianity reply.

“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”
Martin Luther “

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Christian Bishop
10-09-2014, 06:37 AM

Sooo DL? do you believe we should apply all the Scriptures based on an honest reading or just what you selectively quote?

But you'd have to assume ALL of the scripture applies and not just a few verses here an there that would create only a partial understanding or serious misunderstanding.

Are you willing to do that, or are you just attempting to stir up doubt, working in the image of
the serpent?

If talking donkeys and seven headed monsters in your book do not already create doubt then you need more help than I can give you.

Regards
DL

jimnyc
10-09-2014, 06:40 AM
The fact that you guys will not engage shows you that you have already lost as you know you cannot justify.

Had a spammer come here once, and once done with his "crap" - he asked what 2+2 was. I still wouldn't engage, even though the answer was hysterically easy and funny. But it's not about how easy the questions are, or what we can justify - it's about the interviewer.

Kinda like Al Sharpton being the person asking the questions. No one gives a crap about the question as they are focused on the idiot in front of them, wondering whether his brain fell out through his ears, eyes or mouth.

tailfins
10-09-2014, 07:48 AM

Perhaps she recently discovered the wonders of hydrogen peroxide.

jimnyc
10-09-2014, 07:52 AM
Perhaps she recently discovered the wonders of hydrogen peroxide.

Well, I'm confident God would still know she dyed it. :) I just don't get the point in lying about it. It would be like me saying I'm skinny after posting a few pictures of myself. :laugh:

tailfins
10-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Well, I'm confident God would still know she dyed it. :) I just don't get the point in lying about it. It would be like me saying I'm skinny after posting a few pictures of myself. :laugh:

I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt. Those pictures you posted could have been your "before" photos. Perhaps Gabs can post photos of her new "do". We can then comment if she did a good job dying her hair. I just hope she didn't leave any gray roots.

revelarts
10-09-2014, 09:18 AM
If talking donkeys and seven headed monsters in your book do not already create doubt then you need more help than I can give you.

Regards
DL

Rising from the dead and the creation of the universe are in the book as well.
I don't have a problem with either, so if God wants a donkey to talk (or anything else) that seems a small feat by comparison wouldn't you say?
As far as 7 headed monsters go if you look at the context 1st in Daniel, well it's a vision and it's clearly defined as representing nations. Then in Revelations it is also a vision, it's part of a description of a spiritual view of the conflict between God's acts and Satan's.

Are you saying you don't allow the Bible to use metaphor and that everything in it is literal?
Or are you, just trying to sow doubt by hook or crook... in the image of the serpent, the devil the 7 headed monster of revelations?

DLT
10-09-2014, 09:44 AM

Relax. This guy is well-known around the internet forums for this wacko anti-Christian crap. He posts his BS everywhere. I kinda feel sorry for him, truth told.

DLT
10-09-2014, 09:46 AM
Had a spammer come here once, and once done with his "crap" - he asked what 2+2 was. I still wouldn't engage, even though the answer was hysterically easy and funny. But it's not about how easy the questions are, or what we can justify - it's about the interviewer.

Kinda like Al Sharpton being the person asking the questions. No one gives a crap about the question as they are focused on the idiot in front of them, wondering whether his brain fell out through his ears, eyes or mouth.

LMAO!

Post of the Day!

Gnostic Christian Bishop
10-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Rising from the dead and the creation of the universe are in the book as well.
I don't have a problem with either, so if God wants a donkey to talk (or anything else) that seems a small feat by comparison wouldn't you say?
As far as 7 headed monsters go if you look at the context 1st in Daniel, well it's a vision and it's clearly defined as representing nations. Then in Revelations it is also a vision, it's part of a description of a spiritual view of the conflict between God's acts and Satan's.

Are you saying you don't allow the Bible to use metaphor and that everything in it is literal?
Or are you, just trying to sow doubt by hook or crook... in the image of the serpent, the devil the 7 headed monster of revelations?

So some of the woo you see as woo and discard and some woo is literal and real woo.

:lame2:

Faith v/s Reason

Faith is a way for you to quit using your "God given" power of Reason and Logic, so you will believe doctrines that moral men reject as immoral.

Martin Luther “

This puts the rest of us in a position where reasoning with theist becomes impossible.

It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
Jonathan Swift

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL

revelarts
10-09-2014, 10:38 AM
So some of the woo you see as woo and discard and some woo is literal and real woo.

Again your not dealing with the content i present.
you are just making dismissive ASSERTIONS in a piss poor attempt to deflect honest discussion.

you're the one who seems afraid to engage here.
you just want to assert your doubts as facts and have no one question it.

If there are real questions to your hype you begin to hand wave and make fun.
your dishonest DL, just as the serpent is you seem to want to represent.

If you want to use reason, use it, don't bluster and poo poo arguments you have NOT addressed. Then posture as if you have.

As you Quoted God does say "let us reason together"
but you're the one who seems to have abandoned it DL.
In favor of serpent inspired Gnostic dogmas.

Gnostic Christian Bishop
10-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Again your not dealing with the content i present.
you are just making dismissive ASSERTIONS in a piss poor attempt to deflect honest discussion.

you're the one who seems afraid to engage here.
you just want to assert your doubts as facts and have no one question it.

If there are real questions to your hype you begin to hand wave and make fun.
your dishonest DL, just as the serpent is you seem to want to represent.

If you want to use reason, use it, don't bluster and poo poo arguments you have NOT addressed. Then posture as if you have.

As you Quoted God does say "let us reason together"
but you're the one who seems to have abandoned it DL.
In favor of serpent inspired Gnostic dogmas.

"if God wants a donkey to talk (or anything else) that seems a small feat by comparison wouldn't you say?"

Ya ya. Let's reason.

Regards
DL

DLT
10-09-2014, 10:52 AM

the serpent?

Uh..... http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j366/2012LC/Smileys/Sign%20smileys/yeahthat.gif LOL!!!

revelarts
10-09-2014, 11:09 AM
"if God wants a donkey to talk (or anything else) that seems a small feat by comparison wouldn't you say?"

Ya ya. Let's reason.

Regards
DL

Lets.
God gave you the ability to talk so another donkey shouldn't be a problem.
yes or no?

If you want to just be flip, I can do that to. (I don't like to go there but...)
if you want to reason lets do it.

---God made the universe and man and has at times defied the laws of nature he created for his own purposes.

---Therefore, God can defy nature and make any animal do whatever he'd like.

There's no flaw in this argument. it's reasoned and perfectly logical.
If you don't like the conclusion well that's fine but you cannot with any honesty claim that it's not "reasonable".

do you now want to claim that there are no miracles or no God or gods?
Gnosticism doesn't go there, i don't think. So I'm not sure how you can HONESTLY deny the argument above.
Accept to say you don't believe it because you don't like the idea and it doesn't feel real to you. Or you have some secret Gnostic serpent knowledge about the Bible that tells you the story ain't right
But reason is not the issue.

Gunny
10-09-2014, 12:09 PM
IDK Blond hair Blue eyes she is on the right path sure enough :laugh:

Y'think? Blonde hair and blue can definitely lead you on a path, alright. I owe everything I no longer have to it.

Gunny
10-09-2014, 12:16 PM

Faith v/s Reason

Martin Luther “

Jonathan Swift

Regards
DL

The fact that we won't engage what? Snakes?

I just kneel down and pray for you every time I see you post blasphemy. Fortunately for you, my God will forgive you and welcome you with the rest of us sinners. Can't say as much for that demon that controls your keyboard though.
It will be cast out into an abyss. :)

gabosaurus
10-09-2014, 03:19 PM

I was born a blonde. I had it dyed black after medication I was taking starting thinning my hair and turning it white. I am currently a Blonde in Disguise. :cool:

Gunny
10-09-2014, 03:21 PM
I was born a blonde. I had it dyed black after medication I was taking starting thinning my hair and turning it white. I am currently a Blonde in Disguise. :cool:

You are just f-ing weird, Gabby. :laugh:

gabosaurus
10-09-2014, 03:27 PM
You are just f-ing weird, Gabby. :laugh:

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being f-ing weird! :evillaughsign:

indago
10-16-2014, 09:44 AM

It is written, in the Bible: "Then God said: "Let us make man in our image and likeness..."" — Genesis 1 v 26

Well, at least we have some idea what the Gods looked like...

http://www.wilderdom.com/images/Cro-Magnon.jpg