PDA

View Full Version : Still waiting for Gunny or Gabby .....

stevecanuck
10-08-2014, 01:59 PM
I'm still waiting for either Gunny or Gabby to explain how bringing up Christianity in any way relates what ISIS is doing.

Gunny
10-08-2014, 02:06 PM
I'm still waiting for either Gunny or Gabby to explain how bringing up Christianity in any way relates what ISIS is doing.

Then you can't read. :) Already been explained.

Look up Charlemagne. The Crusades? How about why this Nation exists? Hint: religious freedom?

If you're waiting for me cut and paste like you? I'm suggesting not holding your breath. Look it up yourself.

And the fact that you are SO dumb that I'm defending Gabby? That makes me hate you and want to stab you. Not to mention nauseous.

Careful what you wait for. ;)

stevecanuck
10-08-2014, 02:20 PM

Look up Charlemagne. The Crusades? How about why this Nation exists? Hint: religious freedom?

If you're waiting for me cut and paste like you? I'm suggesting not holding your breath. Look it up yourself.

And the fact that you are SO dumb that I'm defending Gabby? That makes me hate you and want to stab you. Not to mention nauseous.

First, any cutting and pasting I do is from things I've written myself, such as that list of quotes telling Muslims to kill infidels (which of course has nothing to do with the fact that ISIS's mission includes killing infidels).

Second, you're bringing up actions of long, long dead Christians, whereas you were previously citing the bible in order to create some sort of equivalence. What's the point of trying to create that equivalence (even if it's accurate, which it isn't)?

Gunny
10-08-2014, 02:25 PM
First, any cutting and pasting I do is from things I've written myself, such as that list of quotes telling Muslims to kill infidels (which of course has nothing to do with the fact that ISIS's mission includes killing infidels).

Second, you're bringing up actions of long, long dead Christians, whereas you were previously citing the bible in order to create some sort of equivalence. What's the point of trying to create that equivalence (even if it's accurate, which it isn't)?

The equivalence is there. Idiots do things in the name of something. The Koran commands NO ONE to commit murder. People get other people to commit murder in the name of something. Ever seen one of these jihadi leaders do what they get others to do? No you haven't. They are people that use others with no regard for their lives. It's bad enough they sell this crap to their own believers. Even worse they sell it to YOU.

Use your brain.

stevecanuck
10-08-2014, 02:28 PM
The Koran commands NO ONE to commit murder.

Use your brain.

You've seen the quotes that do just that. How can you pretend they don't exist?

Gunny
10-08-2014, 02:40 PM

Pretend quoting out of context is akin to lying? Got about 4 years in journalism that taught me how to read through bullshit. The creation of your ignorant blind hatred? It doesn't exist anywhere but in your mind.

What do you actually know about Muslims? The Middle East? How much time you got on the ground there? You quote propaganda. That's about the extent of your experience.

:) You lose. Every time you hit enter than happens. Trend?

tailfins
10-08-2014, 03:14 PM

I believe Gabby is a real-deal Christian in spite of being a nutcase.

Gunny
10-08-2014, 03:20 PM
I believe Gabby is a real-deal Christian in spite of being a nutcase.

Are you kidding? Gabby is an act. Has been as long as I've known her. She's smarter than most of the people on this board. Almost everyone underestimates her and relegates her to the troll file.

Almost everyone ....

Now I'm REALLY getting ill ...

stevecanuck
10-08-2014, 03:58 PM
Pretend quoting out of context is akin to lying? Got about 4 years in journalism that taught me how to read through bullshit. The creation of your ignorant blind hatred? It doesn't exist anywhere but in your mind.

What do you actually know about Muslims? The Middle East? How much time you got on the ground there? You quote propaganda. That's about the extent of your experience.

Not that I think there's a hope in hell that you'll ever concede the existence of the very thing that your nose is being rubbed in, but for the sake of completeness, here's just one of many quotes I could provide to prove my point:

Verse 9:111 - Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed....

In this verse God is clearly telling the faithful that he will promise them everlasting paradise in exchange for them fighting in His cause, and for them to kill and/or be killed. You can play the "out of context" card all you want, but a) I defy you to invent a context in which the meaning of this could be anything other than what it so clearly states, and b) the context of this entire sura deals with "fighting in the cause of God". Either way, you're just making up objections as you go along minus any actual knowledge.

As for my qualifications, I spent 7 years in Egypt, and some of the reading I do is in Arabic, although it's a struggle.

Got any other make-believe objections or stupid-ass questions?

Gunny
10-08-2014, 04:07 PM
Not that I think there's a hope in hell that you'll ever concede the existence of the very thing that your nose is being rubbed in, but for the sake of completeness, here's just one of many quotes I could provide to prove my point:

Verse 9:111 - Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed....

In this verse God is clearly telling the faithful that he will promise them everlasting paradise in exchange for them fighting in His cause, and for them to kill and/or be killed. You can play the "out of context" card all you want, but a) I defy you to invent a context in which the meaning of this could be anything other than what it so clearly states, and b) the context of this entire sura deals with "fighting in the cause of God". Either way, you're just making up objections as you go along minus any actual knowledge.

As for my qualifications, I spent 7 years in Egypt, and some of the reading I do is in Arabic, although it's a struggle.

Got any other make-believe objections or stupid-ass questions?

What is it you want? You want me match to verse for verse from KIngs? Judges? How about Leviticus? Exodus?

You think Joshua didn't kill or be killed? Jeremiah? Moses?

Get an education that isn't slanted to one side and get back to me.

BoogyMan
10-08-2014, 04:25 PM

When you have to go back in time MANY centuries to try and grab a source for a comparison it really doesn't have much basis in fact, good sir.

BoogyMan
10-08-2014, 04:26 PM
What is it you want? You want me match to verse for verse from KIngs? Judges? How about Leviticus? Exodus?

Still mixing up the OT with Christianity? Sigh.....

Gunny
10-08-2014, 04:37 PM
When you have to go back in time MANY centuries to try and grab a source for a comparison it really doesn't have much basis in fact, good sir.

Still mixing up the OT with Christianity? Sigh.....

I'm not excusing what terrorists do.

But there IS a basis in fact in my comments. You can deny it all you want and the fact remains the same. Just because our government allows the tyranny of the minority into our laws, doesn't mean we have to let it into our hearts and minds. Unless you're a sheep.

THAT applies across the board.

stevecanuck
10-08-2014, 04:46 PM

Pick a position and stick to it. First you say there are no commands in the Qur'an to kill (which I proved wrong), and now you say there are just as many in the bible. Which is it?

gabosaurus
10-08-2014, 04:47 PM

You have printed "quotes" as they have been interpreted and translated by an anti-Islamic web site.
The Bible is available in no telling how many different interpretations and translations. The Quran is the same way and is even more complicated because few are qualified to properly interpret the language it was originally written in.

BoogyMan
10-08-2014, 04:58 PM
You have printed "quotes" as they have been interpreted and translated by an anti-Islamic web site.
The Bible is available in no telling how many different interpretations and translations. The Quran is the same way and is even more complicated because few are qualified to properly interpret the language it was originally written in.

There are few who can interpret Hebrew for the OT books and Greek for the NT books? Complete hogwash!

Gunny
10-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Pick a position and stick to it. First you say there are no commands in the Qur'an to kill (which I proved wrong), and now you say there are just as many in the bible. Which is it?

Yeah? I DID pick a position. You're stupid. Willfully blind. Their 7th century religion has words appropriate for the time; yet, you ignore the words in your own damned Bible. THAT makes you stupid. Why don't you quit tap-dancing around me kicking your ass and man up?

You keep talking around it, but can't address it. And I'm just fucking sick of all you hatemongers that love to send me off to murder people in your name. The name of YOUR religious hatred. How different are you than they? And I was young and naive enough to do it.

Get your ass out there and do your own killing. But what do YOU do? Cut and paste out of context quotes on a message board. Can't even express your own thoughts.

Gunny
10-08-2014, 05:08 PM
There are few who can interpret Hebrew for the OT books and Greek for the NT books? Complete hogwash!

When you resort to attacking the authority, you lose. The KJV has been authenticated as almost verbatim from the Dead Sea Scrolls. Don't agree? Go attack the History Channel. I'm sure they're lying.

stevecanuck

Wrong and wrong. I already gave you the Islamic web site I used (quran.com) as well as the quote as taken from a Qur'an that was bought at al azhar university in Cairo.

As for the 'false translation' red herring, that's ridiculous. Keep in mind I can read the Arabic for myself, so I'm miles ahead in this regard.

The Qur'an contains commands to kill and/or subjugate, and ISIS is doing its best to comply. That's the undeniable truth.

tailfins
Are you kidding? Gabby is an act. Has been as long as I've known her. She's smarter than most of the people on this board. Almost everyone underestimates her and relegates her to the troll file.

Almost everyone ....

Now I'm REALLY getting ill ...

Can you find examples where she's blasphemed Jesus or belittled Christianity? I don't remember even once where she has.

stevecanuck
10-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Yeah? I DID pick a position. You're stupid. Willfully blind. Their 7th century religion has words appropriate for the time; yet, you ignore the words in your own damned Bible. THAT makes you stupid. Why don't you quit tap-dancing around me kicking your ass and man up?

You keep talking around it, but can't address it. And I'm just fucking sick of all you hatemongers that love to send me off to murder people in your name. The name of YOUR religious hatred. How different are you than they? And I was young and naive enough to do it.

Get your ass out there and do your own killing. But what do YOU do? Cut and paste out of context quotes on a message board. Can't even express your own thoughts.

Okbyenow.

gabosaurus
10-08-2014, 05:10 PM
I was referring to the Quran and attempts to translate it. The Quran was recited by God to Muhammad over a span of 23 years. It was thus originally transcribed in forms of Arabic spoken in the 6th Century. The Quran is episodic and changes context quite often.
To properly translate and interpret the Quran, one would have to be proficient in 6th century Arabic and knowledgeable of events in that era that affected the writing.

Gunny
10-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Okbyenow.

Truth hurts, huh?

Gunny
10-08-2014, 05:22 PM
Can you find examples where she's blasphemed Jesus or belittled Christianity? I don't remember even once where she has.

I don't like herring. :)

Gabby's never fooled me. Pissed me off a time or two? Yeah. But I've know she's smarter than the rest of you for a LONG time.

But you need to shut up. This shit's going to go to her head ....

BoogyMan
10-08-2014, 05:40 PM
When you resort to attacking the authority, you lose. The KJV has been authenticated as almost verbatim from the Dead Sea Scrolls. Don't agree? Go attack the History Channel. I'm sure they're lying.

Where did I attack authority? I went after Gabby's assertion that there are few qualified to interpret. Maybe you should read it again. :)

stevecanuck
10-08-2014, 05:49 PM
I was referring to the Quran and attempts to translate it.

No you weren't, you accussed me (twice) of using "hate sites". Do you admit that I'm using translations from Muslim sites, and that I can help by doing my own reading in Arabic

The Quran was recited by God to Muhammad over a span of 23 years. It was thus originally transcribed in forms of Arabic spoken in the 6th Century. The Quran is episodic and changes context quite often.
To properly translate and interpret the Quran, one would have to be proficient in 6th century Arabic and knowledgeable of events in that era that affected the writing.

There is little to no difference in the Arabic of that time to now.

Gunny
10-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Where did I attack authority? I went after Gabby's assertion that there are few qualified to interpret. Maybe you should read it again. :)

My bad. I meant her authority on the issue. Not "the authority". I read it fine. Crossed wires.

She's not wrong. End of story.

Gunny
10-08-2014, 06:03 PM
No you weren't, you accussed me (twice) of using "hate sites". Do you admit that I'm using translations from Muslim sites, and that I can help by doing my own reading in Arabic

You're right. No difference in translation. Did you know Arabic is strikingly similar to Spanish and if you can learn one, the other's relatively easy? And if you're left-handed, it's WAY easier to write Arabic than English?

Don't underestimate your opponent. Rule #1.

BoogyMan
10-08-2014, 06:14 PM
My bad. I meant her authority on the issue. Not "the authority". I read it fine. Crossed wires.

She's not wrong. End of story.

She IS wrong, story is still open and under discussion. :)

Gunny
10-08-2014, 06:18 PM
She IS wrong, story is still open and under discussion. :)

Not unless you are willing to admit your hatred of difference equals theirs. Otherwise, she's correct.

And you fuckers messing up my flirting opportunity with shadow here. Hell, It ain't ain't like y'all got a thousand or so threads to hate someone else in. You'll STILL be wrong in every one of them.

BoogyMan
10-08-2014, 06:40 PM
Not unless you are willing to admit your hatred of difference equals theirs. Otherwise, she's correct.

And you fuckers messing up my flirting opportunity with shadow here. Hell, It ain't ain't like y'all got a thousand or so threads to hate someone else in. You'll STILL be wrong in every one of them.

Show me where I have evidenced hate in any form. You have made this allegation before, but you cannot justify it by ANYTHING I have posted.

Disapproval and disagreement is not hate, you need to get that straight.

PixieStix
10-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Show me where I have evidenced hate in any form. You have made this allegation before, but you cannot justify it by ANYTHING I have posted.

Disapproval and disagreement is not hate, you need to get that straight.

It is the same thing many liberals do. Calling people haters for pointing out some hard truths

PixieStix
10-08-2014, 06:51 PM

Don't let it bother you. Anytime you quote some sura or hadith, you will accused of posting hate. Just remind them, who is actually the ones hating

PixieStix
10-08-2014, 06:57 PM
The equivalence is there. Idiots do things in the name of something. The Koran commands NO ONE to commit murder. People get other people to commit murder in the name of something. Ever seen one of these jihadi leaders do what they get others to do? No you haven't. They are people that use others with no regard for their lives. It's bad enough they sell this crap to their own believers. Even worse they sell it to YOU.

Use your brain.

And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

Sura 9:5

Lovely religion

http://quran.com/9/5

PixieStix
10-08-2014, 07:07 PM

Just because, you were there, does not make you and expert on Islam. Just as my living in NC once does not make me an expert on their culture either. The "propaganda" he quoted is actual islamic text.

The "ignorant blind hatred" was that of a muslim scholar/scribe

stevecanuck
10-08-2014, 07:53 PM

....and waiting...

gabosaurus
10-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Islam has no connection with what ISIS is doing. Because members of ISIS are not really Muslims. If members were Muslims, they wouldn't be drinking, abducting women for sexual purposes and murdering other Muslims.

If anyone is quoting from the "Religion of Peace" website, they are using a hate site.
I could easily use the "Rude Pundit" site to reference Republicans, but I don't.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Islam has no connection with what ISIS is doing. Because members of ISIS are not really Muslims. If members were Muslims, they wouldn't be drinking, abducting women for sexual purposes and murdering other Muslims.

If anyone is quoting from the "Religion of Peace" website, they are using a hate site.
I could easily use the "Rude Pundit" site to reference Republicans, but I don't.

Because members of ISIS are not really Muslims.

There it is again, --not really muslim, same line Jafar blasted all over here for years , then showed his true colors recently on the Hamas bombing Israel conflict.

The old standby--not really muslim...

We tell that to the tens of thousands dead and their surviving family members.-Tyr

tailfins
10-08-2014, 08:24 PM
There it is again, --not really muslim, same line Jafar blasted all over here for years , then showed his true colors recently on the Hamas bombing Israel conflict.

We tell that to the tens of thousands dead and their surviving family members.-Tyr

All this hate impedes victory against the terrorists. A billion people make a terrible target. If you really want to help, send money to AIPAC.

gabosaurus
10-08-2014, 08:25 PM

ISIS has no relation to Hamas. Nor does ISIS has a relation to AQ. They have about as much in common with Islam as snake handlers do with Christianity.
Tyr, I know this message with your whole hate speech thing, but radical terrorists do not share the same viewpoints as peaceful Muslims. It's like foreigners believing that liberals and conservatives have the same beliefs because we are both Americans.

Jeff
10-08-2014, 08:51 PM
<iframe src="http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter/KFZn1BJ0LYk.js?version=41#channel=f22cff76f53b5ee&origin=about%3A%2F%2F" style="border: medium none;" tabindex="-1" title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" aria-hidden="true" id="fb_xdm_frame_http" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" name="fb_xdm_frame_http" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe src="https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter/KFZn1BJ0LYk.js?version=41#channel=f22cff76f53b5ee&origin=about%3A%2F%2F" style="border: medium none;" tabindex="-1" title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" aria-hidden="true" id="fb_xdm_frame_https" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" name="fb_xdm_frame_https" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<script src="//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1" id="facebook-jssdk"></script><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

Hopefully this will work, its a video of these nice ISIS folks gunning down 1700 students, nice people :rolleyes:

And yes the video was off of Fb but when I looked it up it appears to be true<iframe src="http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter/KFZn1BJ0LYk.js?version=41#channel=f22c3cdaca887b6&origin=about%3A%2F%2F" style="border: medium none;" tabindex="-1" title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" aria-hidden="true" id="fb_xdm_frame_http" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" name="fb_xdm_frame_http" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe src="https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter/KFZn1BJ0LYk.js?version=41#channel=f22c3cdaca887b6&origin=about%3A%2F%2F" style="border: medium none;" tabindex="-1" title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" aria-hidden="true" id="fb_xdm_frame_https" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" name="fb_xdm_frame_https" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter/KFZn1BJ0LYk.js?version=41#channel=f34afc729792d9&origin=about%3A%2F%2F" style="border: medium none;" tabindex="-1" title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" aria-hidden="true" id="fb_xdm_frame_http" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" name="fb_xdm_frame_http" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe src="https://s-static.ak.facebook.com/connect/xd_arbiter/KFZn1BJ0LYk.js?version=41#channel=f34afc729792d9&origin=about%3A%2F%2F" style="border: medium none;" tabindex="-1" title="Facebook Cross Domain Communication Frame" aria-hidden="true" id="fb_xdm_frame_https" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" name="fb_xdm_frame_https" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Jeff
10-08-2014, 08:57 PM
<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>
<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1529285870636036" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1529285870636036">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/karukh.kurdy.1">Karokh M. Amin</a>.</div></div>

stevecanuck
10-09-2014, 01:00 AM
Gabby, how did the first Muslims acquire their vast empire?

Gunny
10-09-2014, 05:13 AM
ISIS has no relation to Hamas. Nor does ISIS has a relation to AQ. They have about as much in common with Islam as snake handlers do with Christianity.
Tyr, I know this message with your whole hate speech thing, but radical terrorists do not share the same viewpoints as peaceful Muslims. It's like foreigners believing that liberals and conservatives have the same beliefs because we are both Americans.

ISIS DID have a relationship with AQ. How bad is it when you're so violent AQ kicks you out?

jimnyc
10-09-2014, 05:36 AM
Tyr, I know this message with your whole hate speech thing, but radical terrorists do not share the same viewpoints as peaceful Muslims.

Not entirely true. Look at the amount of support Hamas has, and Hezbollah - and even Isis. You might be surprised to learn just how many Muslim folks DO support Isis and what they stand for. Anywhere from 100-500 million radicalized muslims, and many, many of them support radical ways and groups. Here's some friendly soccer fans showing their support for Isis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGcQyPbydzU

jimnyc
10-09-2014, 05:37 AM
Oh ^^ Have your Muslim friends translate if you don't understand. But for starters, in arabic they refer to ISIS as "Daesh".

stevecanuck
10-09-2014, 09:07 AM
We're on the road starting today. My input will be patchy at best until the end of the month.

Gaffer
10-09-2014, 03:15 PM
We're on the road starting today. My input will be patchy at best until the end of the month.

For work or fun? In either case be safe.

Gunny
10-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Not entirely true. Look at the amount of support Hamas has, and Hezbollah - and even Isis. You might be surprised to learn just how many Muslim folks DO support Isis and what they stand for. Anywhere from 100-500 million radicalized muslims, and many, many of them support radical ways and groups. Here's some friendly soccer fans showing their support for Isis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGcQyPbydzU

Hamas and ISIS are supported by extremist Saudi's. Hezbollah is supported by Iran.

There are two wars going on. One against Israel and one against us. Both are because we are on Arab land.

The second is the Sunni attempting eradicate the Shia. AQ, ISIS and Hamas are funded by the money WE pay for to get cut rate oil refinery. Why? Because we aren't allowed to use our own oil. The Dems have lied us out of business. We pay our own enemies.

The government we are backing is primarily shia. Our political "allies" are sunni. We're enemies with the shia government (Iran). That kind of spells "we're fucking ourselves."

Or the people that make a business out of war are the ones going to the bank every Friday.

Gunny
10-09-2014, 03:34 PM

Yeah, he needs to come back safe. I'm not done beating up on his ass. :)

Drummond
10-09-2014, 03:36 PM
I was referring to the Quran and attempts to translate it. The Quran was recited by God to Muhammad over a span of 23 years. It was thus originally transcribed in forms of Arabic spoken in the 6th Century. The Quran is episodic and changes context quite often.

I was rather struck by that statement of yours which I've bolded.

Stated as fact ? You're saying that God DID recite the Quran to Mohammed ?

No Christian would believe such a thing. Who, in fact, would ... other than a Muslim ?

Would you care to tell us if you're a Muslim ? And if you say you aren't, how do you account for your assertion of what God 'did' ?

And Tyr's observation mirrored my own thinking. Just as Jafar did, you appear to be working to sanitise Islam. Except that in Jafar's case, his 'peaceloving' 'credentials' were exposed as a sham when his rock-solid support for Hamas terrorists against Israel came to the fore.

It's been argued before on the forum. But consider .. when you review the contents of the Quran, you also have to make allowances for abrogations. Abrogations which overrule other verses. Indeed, for a 'God-recited' work, the Quran is remarkably messy, even chaotic, isn't it ?

Islam sanitisers try to exploit that mess, to make the Quran 'say' what THEY prefer it to.

gabosaurus
10-09-2014, 03:40 PM
I was rather struck by that statement of yours which I've bolded.

Stated as fact ? You're saying that God DID recite the Quran to Mohammed ?

No Christian would believe such a thing. Who, in fact, would ... other than a Muslim ?

Do we know for a fact that God created our world in six days? Or that he flooded the earth? Or parted the Red Sea? Why should any Christian believe such a thing?
Because it is part of our faith. It is what we believe.

Drummond
10-09-2014, 03:52 PM
Do we know for a fact that God created our world in six days? Or that he flooded the earth? Or parted the Red Sea? Why should any Christian believe such a thing?
Because it is part of our faith. It is what we believe.

... which only brings me back to my previous point. You asserted that God recited the Quran to Mohammed. You asserted it as though you were asserting what you saw as fact.

Were you stating something which, as you have put it, 'because it is part of (your) faith' ?

Would you care to give me a straight answer .. ARE you a Muslim ?

aboutime
10-09-2014, 04:08 PM
... which only brings me back to my previous point. You asserted that God recited the Quran to Mohammed. You asserted it as though you were asserting what you saw as fact.

Were you stating something which, as you have put it, 'because it is part of (your) faith' ?

Sir Drummond. Ala jafar. You shouldn't expect a straight, or otherwise answer from her. And...We know that for a Fact.

Gunny
10-09-2014, 04:12 PM
Sir Drummond. Ala jafar. You shouldn't expect a straight, or otherwise answer from her. And...We know that for a Fact.

She made a pretty straight-up point. Personal attacks don't address the point she made.

Oh, I'm sorry. I hate Obama and I hate Islam pretty much covers it, huh?

Gunny
10-09-2014, 04:25 PM

Ala jafar is a lie. try this one:

as-salamu alaykum.

Don't fuck with people you are incapable of fucking with.

gabosaurus
10-09-2014, 06:58 PM

According to the tenets of the Muslim faith, God recited the Quran to Mohammed over a span of 23 years.
According to the tenets of the Christian faith, God sent down the 10 Commandments to Moses.

Why is there a difference? Because you believe one and don't believe the other?

tailfins
10-09-2014, 07:08 PM

Your input is always patchy. So what has changed?

jimnyc
10-09-2014, 07:27 PM
According to the tenets of the Muslim faith, God recited the Quran to Mohammed over a span of 23 years.

This is twice you wrote this now. For someone who owns and has read the Quran, you think you would know that it was told to Muhammed through Gabriel. Of course now that you neglected that little fact, you'll of course claim that's what you meant. I knew you didn't read the Quran, you're full of shit.

gabosaurus
10-09-2014, 09:26 PM
This is twice you wrote this now. For someone who owns and has read the Quran, you think you would know that it was told to Muhammed through Gabriel. Of course now that you neglected that little fact, you'll of course claim that's what you meant. I knew you didn't read the Quran, you're full of shit.

You are indeed correct. God relayed his messages to Muhammed through the arch-angel Gabriel. My mistake.

jimnyc
10-10-2014, 05:48 AM
You are indeed correct. God relayed his messages to Muhammed through the arch-angel Gabriel. My mistake.

I'll give you credit for owning up to a "mistake". But for such a glaring error, so large, I still find it VERY hard to believe you read the Quran. You expect us to believe you read it, but didn't know the most basic of information of how the book supposedly came to be.

Drummond
10-10-2014, 10:40 AM
I'll give you credit for owning up to a "mistake". But for such a glaring error, so large, I still find it VERY hard to believe you read the Quran. You expect us to believe you read it, but didn't know the most basic of information of how the book supposedly came to be.

Very good point ... thanks for it. Since I freely admit that I HAVEN'T read the Quran (just tiny snippets of it, for the sake of research) this would've got past me, and did.

I still don't understand why Gabby seemed incapable of answering my direct question to her. Although - taking Aboutime's point, this IS Gabby I'm talking about ...

.... I'll shut up while I'm ahead, I think ! .....

gabosaurus
10-10-2014, 01:44 PM

I have read it. Sometimes I get things mixed up. I cut out the middle man by mistake. If you want to continue to harp on this, go ahead.

Thunderknuckles
10-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Speaking of the Quran, I have been wanting to get one for personal reference but am afraid I'll get flagged somewhere in the system.

Gunny
10-10-2014, 03:45 PM
I have read it. Sometimes I get things mixed up. I cut out the middle man by mistake. If you want to continue to harp on this, go ahead.

I tried REALLY hard to not touch this, but ......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

gabosaurus
10-10-2014, 03:49 PM
I tried REALLY hard to not touch this, but ......:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I will fully admit that my brain gets scrambled sometimes. Those who read my posts regularly will notice that I sometimes leave words out of sentences. Or I will transpose words.
It's usually when I am attempting to concentrate on more than one thing at a time.
I know exactly what I am saying and what I mean to say. Sometimes it doesn't come out that way.

stevecanuck
10-11-2014, 12:13 PM

Retired, so its all for fun. Driving from Calgary to Ontario to visit daughter and family with side trip to Key West.