nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 07:30 PM
Story Highlights
• PerezHilton.com shut down Tuesday over copyright concerns
• The popular gossip site was back up by Wednesday
• Perez Hilton is the target of several lawsuits by paparazzi
• They claim Perez Hilton posts their photos without permission

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/06/22/gossip.site.yanked.ap/index.html

I dont see how the paparazzi can copyright their pics when they arn't given permission to take them!

diuretic
06-22-2007, 11:33 PM
I don't know about the US but here the law says there's no property in your image. That means that anyone can take your photograph and they don't need your permission. Once they take the photograph of course it becomes their intellectual property. There are some concerns about it. There was a case of a bloke walking along the beach taking photos of girls in their swimsuits. Nothing criminal or civilly wrong there under the law as it stands. It was ruled not to be offensive behaviour either.

Of course if Britney chooses not to wear panties with her mini-skirt.......:no:

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:40 PM
I don't know about the US but here the law says there's no property in your image. That means that anyone can take your photograph and they don't need your permission. Once they take the photograph of course it becomes their intellectual property. There are some concerns about it. There was a case of a bloke walking along the beach taking photos of girls in their swimsuits. Nothing criminal or civilly wrong there under the law as it stands. It was ruled not to be offensive behaviour either.

Of course if Britney chooses not to wear panties with her mini-skirt.......:no:

Yea but normally if your gonna be on TV or anything you have to sign a release, it should be the same if your picture is going to be taken.