PDA

View Full Version : My Dad

PixieStix
10-11-2014, 11:04 AM
Some of you may know that my Dad was diagnosed with Acute myeloid leukemia in August.

He is on his second round of 2 types of chemo, one is part of a clinical study. They claim the cancer has not progressed. But he was admitted into the hospital this morning with pneumonia.

The cancer has caused him to be almost deaf. It has been awful trying to communicate with him through the phone. He cannot hear my words.

For those of you who pray, I would ask that you pray for my Dad?

I am so not ready to lose him

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Some of you may know that my Dad was diagnosed with Acute myeloid leukemia in August.

He is on his second round of 2 types of chemo, one is part of a clinical study. They claim the cancer has not progressed. But he was admitted into the hospital this morning with pneumonia.

The cancer has caused him to be almost deaf. It has been awful trying to communicate with him through the phone. He cannot hear my words.

Very sorry to read of such a dire situation with your Dad. We lost my brother-in-law a few weeks ago due to cancer.
Prayers will be offered by myself for God's will to be done and your Dad to receive blessing. -Tyr

SassyLady
10-12-2014, 01:43 AM

Praying for more precious moments with your dad, Pixie.

Jeff
10-12-2014, 06:59 AM

Prayers have been lifted

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6555&stc=1

Jeff
10-12-2014, 07:00 AM

Prayers have been lifted.

Remember Doctors practice medicine, God Heals !!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6555&stc=1

jimnyc
10-12-2014, 08:43 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this, Pixie. :( Your family and Dad will be in our thoughts and prayers.

PixieStix
10-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Thank you all so much. My sister is there with him. I have been calling her over and over and she has not been getting back to me. The problem is that my sister has epilepsy, she cannot drive and the last time she visited my Dad, she had a grand mal seizure and my step Mother has bone cancer. (although she is in remission) Her Dr wants her to do another round of chemo. She said at this point she can't do that.

I may have to contact my employer and ask her if I would be in danger of losing my job if I went to Alabama. If she puts limits on my leaving. I just may have to tell her to kiss off.

Plus I have other situations. Oh man it is not suppose to be this way. I am sorry, I am so upset

Again thank you all so much for your prayers.

They have my Dad isolated, and giving him what they refer to as broad spectrum antibiotics. He has at least stopped coughing, and his fever has not returned. I got this info from my Mom

Thank the Lord.

Jeff
10-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Thank you all so much. My sister is there with him. I have been calling her over and over and she has not been getting back to me. The problem is that my sister has epilepsy, she cannot drive and the last time she visited my Dad, she had a grand mal seizure and my step Mother has bone cancer. (although she is in remission) Her Dr wants her to do another round of chemo. She said at this point she can't do that.

I may have to contact my employer and ask her if I would be in danger of losing my job if I went to Alabama. If she puts limits on my leaving. I just may have to tell her to kiss off.

Plus I have other situations. Oh man it is not suppose to be this way. I am sorry, I am so upset

Again thank you all so much for your prayers.

They have my Dad isolated, and giving him what they refer to as broad spectrum antibiotics. He has at least stopped coughing, and his fever has not returned. I got this info from my Mom

Thank the Lord.

Pixie, God will never give us more than we can handle ( although it sounds like your limits are being pushed ) go with the flow and keep placing it in God's hands and you will get through this, you have no choice it is coming, so again lay each day in Gods hands and enjoy every moment with your loved ones !!

gabosaurus
10-12-2014, 09:36 PM
I was once told that death is the final step of the plan that God has for us.
“I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believe in me, though he dies, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die."

gabosaurus
10-12-2014, 09:41 PM
My favorite song about the cruel inevitability of death.

http://youtu.be/hfBplhuHV6I

PixieStix
10-18-2014, 06:11 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts and especially your prayers. My Dad got out of the hospital yesterday.

It was a huge scare, but God saw fit to let us keep him a bit longer.

Thank you all. But please don't stop praying.

Pernicious
10-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts and especially your prayers. My Dad got out of the hospital yesterday.

Thank you all. But please don't stop praying.God bless you and yours Pixie. The Grace of God shines on through you!http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6680&stc=1

PixieStix
10-20-2014, 12:18 AM
God bless you and yours Pixie. The Grace of God shines on through you!http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6680&stc=1

What a nice pic. Thank you so much.

Love the avatar

DLT
10-20-2014, 12:32 PM

Prayers up for you dad, Pixie.

I lost my dad in 2003 and my mom in 2010. Both were chain smokers for as long as I could remember. Both ended up on oxygen and requiring dialysis from the dozens of meds they had to take every day. It's the part of life that I most hate....the end part.

Stiletto
10-22-2014, 05:37 PM

Glad to hear that your Dad is out of the hospital.

I'm not one that prays, but I've been definitely keeping your father (as well as your family) in my thoughts.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-24-2014, 09:53 AM

I know what he went thru. Recently we had a very bad a scare like that with our mother that is in very bad health.. Sure looked like she was not going to make it but God saw fit to keep her here longer..--Tyr

PixieStix
11-08-2014, 12:59 PM
The clinical trial that my Dad agreed to did not work. In fact, his cancer levels went from 20% to 60%, from the start date to now.

We are all devastated.

After reading Trinity's posts about Gaffer. I feel the need to pray.

It is the best and only thing I know to do

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-08-2014, 09:45 PM
The clinical trial that my Dad agreed to did not work. In fact, his cancer levels went from 20% to 60%, from the start date to now.

We are all devastated.

After reading Trinity's posts about Gaffer. I feel the need to pray.

It is the best and only thing I know to do

Sorry to read of that treatment's failure my friend. Stay strong and keep faith in God....-Tyr

Jeff
11-09-2014, 08:05 AM
God and only God has the last say in what happens so the best thing anyone can do is pray !!

PixieStix
11-16-2014, 11:31 AM
Today is Dad's birthday. They said he would not make it 3 months. Well he is still with us.

Never underestimate the power of God's love that is expressed through family. I believe the love of family is one of the best medicines on earth. And of course, the prayers that are sent through friends and family.

Thank you all for praying for my Dad.

You guys are a wonderful bunch. :bighug:

Jeff
11-16-2014, 01:34 PM
Today is Dad's birthday. They said he would not make it 3 months. Well he is still with us.

Never underestimate the power of God's love that is expressed through family. I believe the love of family is one of the best medicines on earth. And of course, the prayers that are sent through friends and family.

Thank you all for praying for my Dad.

You guys are a wonderful bunch. :bighug:

Happy Birthday to him !!!

Prayers will continue

Trigg
11-16-2014, 02:55 PM
my prayers are with you

PixieStix
04-21-2015, 01:47 AM
I am not sure what to say right now. The past 2 weeks have been just awful. I was deathly ill. and my Dad and his last surviving Brother both have cancer. Regrettably my Uncle past away on the 14th. :( He was truly my fav Uncle. I admired him almost as much as my Dad. My Dad was sosad about hs Brother.Heis too sick to attend the funeral.

Today I learned that my Dad has been taken off any kind of treatment, hospice care has been called in. That scares the hell out of me. I do not know what this world will look like without my Dad in it.

Thank you all for being here and for the prayers. My Dad is the last surviving member of his siblings.

I love admire and adore my Father. He is the first man I ever fell in love with. I love you Dad.

A couple o pictures of my Dad, just before he got sick

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7136&stc=1http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7137&stc=1

Kathianne
04-21-2015, 05:05 AM
My condolences on the passing of your uncle. May your whole family, your dad in particular find peace. My prayers are with all of you. Get well soon!

indago
04-21-2015, 05:14 AM
My Condolences

Life is but a fleeting thing
We sometimes wonder why we're here
"Nearer my God to Thee" we sing
And yet the pathway is not clear
Some move on to guide the way
While others bide in time's delay
Soon enough we'll go there too
And dwell with loved ones that we knew

jimnyc
04-21-2015, 07:25 AM
I'm sorry to hear all of this, Pixie. Spend as much time with your Dad as you can. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-21-2015, 07:41 AM
Very sorry to read about your Dad and his terminal illness. I lost my Father to pancreatic cancer when I was 15 years old.
Have faith in God and spend as much time as you can with your dad. --Tyr

Jeff
04-21-2015, 07:36 PM
I am so sorry to hear of all the bad going on for you Pixie, I pray it gets better. Pixie sometimes when things look the worst you have to just place it all in Gods hands, he will help get you through all of this and although we miss those he has taken home already in time we all will be there.

Prayers lifted.

WiccanLiberal
04-21-2015, 08:18 PM
Thirteen years ago, my Dad left this world. I remember a friend telling me at the time that I was hurting so bad because no man in a woman's life ever will love her as unconditionally and completely as her father. Very true but it taught me my value as a human being. Please know your father will always be with you in the lessons he taught you and the strength you find to deal with the world. I will light a candle for you and send my wishes that you and he and your whole family find peace.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Thirteen years ago, my Dad left this world. I remember a friend telling me at the time that I was hurting so bad because no man in a woman's life ever will love her as unconditionally and completely as her father. Very true but it taught me my value as a human being. Please know your father will always be with you in the lessons he taught you and the strength you find to deal with the world. I will light a candle for you and send my wishes that you and he and your whole family find peace.

Nothing harder than losing a parent , child or sibling. Unfortunately I had lost all three of those by age 22. My Dad in 1969, baby boy in 1975 and youngest brother (14) in 1976...--Tyr

NightTrain
04-22-2015, 08:41 AM
My deepest sympathies to you, Pixie.

What you're going through right now is the hardest part, knowing the end is nigh. I've been there and it sucks.

Talk with him about everything you can think of - I'd give a great deal to talk with my Dad again for just an hour, to bounce different things off him and get his input... and just shoot the breeze about unimportant things, too. Especially his stories about you and your family, and write them down for yourself because your memory does strange things during times of grief and you might forget some details. To me, his recollections and stories were the most important memories that helped me.

Keep your chin up and remember that many of us have gone through your situation. You're not alone.

PixieStix
06-15-2015, 11:43 AM
I am sorry I have been gone for a while. But I went to visit my Dad, he passed away while I was on my way to see him one last time. I was about half way there when my sister called me and asked me if I was driving, I knew at that point, It was the most horrible feeling I have ever felt in my life.

My Dad has always been in my life, and now he is gone . I cannot express the deep loss that I feel. My Dad was a wonderful man. And a wonderful Dad. He taught me so much about life, and what matters. He loved nature. He loved hunting and fishing. He loved his children more than he could even express. He was a real family man.

I will never get to hear his deep and comforting voice again.

This is for you Dad. Thank you for all you taught me and for making me feel safe and secure, by your mere presence on this earth. Hold the door open for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jXrmAKBBTU

Here is a picture from left to right, Grandpa, Uncle Garner, and my wonderful Father. They are now reunited

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7319&stc=1

Perianne
06-15-2015, 12:09 PM
I am sorry. May he rest in peace.

Voted4Reagan
06-15-2015, 12:30 PM
Always know that you will forever carry all those cherished memories of him in your heart. He will always be with you and a part of you at the same time.

may he now be at peace until you are reunited together once again...

I know I can speak for WiccanLiberal when I say our thoughts are with you and your Family at this time.

there is an ancient prayer from Ireland.. written by the then Pagan Celtic/Gaelic people..

It reads:

Deep Peace to You
Deep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.

Pixie... May you find that deep peace in your time of grief

WiccanLiberal
06-15-2015, 12:40 PM
My wish is the same for you as V4R posted. Nobody knows what you are feeling now since nobody else ever lost that special relationship that existed between you and your dad. I recall after my Dad passed, I would call the phone at the house just to hear his voice on the answering machine. You will gradually feel a new normal. Let it happen at it's own pace. Grieve as you need to and one day you will find yourself remembering him with a smile rather than tears. Blessings of peace on you and your family.

PixieStix
06-15-2015, 12:56 PM
I did not realize what a big place in my heart Dad owned. Thank you all for your very nice posts. God Bless you

indago
06-15-2015, 01:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVSHdwWzLo4

PixieStix
06-17-2015, 11:44 PM
Just wanted to share with you guys, that my Dad requested that he be buried with a copy of the Constitution in his hand. It was so. It was a really moving funeral. Very patriotic.

Thanks for teaching me about what freedom means Dad :salute: I will miss you!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7355&stc=1

Jeff
06-18-2015, 01:04 AM
I am so sorry for you loss Pixie, his time has come and he is now in paradise. This isn't Good bye but rather see you after a while. Hang tough Pixie brighter days are coming.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Just wanted to share with you guys, that my Dad requested that he be buried with a copy of the Constitution in his hand. It was so. It was a really moving funeral. Very patriotic.

Thanks for teaching me about what freedom means Dad :salute: I will miss you!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7355&stc=1

So very sorry for your great loss. I just now saw this thread , my having been absent a bit as of late.
May your father an honorable soldier rest in peace!- :salute:--Tyr

Gunny
06-18-2015, 05:03 PM
So very sorry for your great loss. I just now saw this thread , my having been absent a bit as of late.
May your father an honorable soldier rest in peace!- :salute:--Tyr

I'll say this: Pix loved her dad and her son. Anyone else, not so much. I'm sorry for her loss.

Balu
06-18-2015, 05:46 PM
Here is a picture from left to right, Grandpa, Uncle Garner, and my wonderful Father. They are now reunited

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7319&stc=1

I like this photo. It radiates happiness and the warmth of home hearth.

PixieStix
06-18-2015, 07:02 PM
I am so sorry for you loss Pixie, his time has come and he is now in paradise. This isn't Good bye but rather see you after a while. Hang tough Pixie brighter days are coming.

I only wish I could have seen him one more time. A kiss on the cheek and a "thank you Dad", Would have sufficed

PixieStix
06-18-2015, 07:05 PM
I like this photo. It radiates happiness and the warmth of home hearth.

This photo makes me sad and happy at the same time. I miss them all. Uncle garner just passed 2 months ago.

Balu
06-18-2015, 07:20 PM
This photo makes me sad and happy at the same time. I miss them all. Uncle garner just passed 2 months ago.
I understand your feelings. It is sad, but natural, when an older generation is living us. The great and real sorrow is when parents bury their children. God forbid to nobody. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/sad.gif

Abbey Marie
06-18-2015, 07:24 PM
I'm so sorry, Pixie.

Jeff
06-18-2015, 07:31 PM
I only wish I could have seen him one more time. A kiss on the cheek and a "thank you Dad", Would have sufficed

He knew Pixie and he knows, Dads are much wiser than we sometimes give them credit for, but they do know how there kids feel, the kiss on the cheek you will give him when he meets you at the gates will be that much sweeter.

PixieStix
07-08-2015, 11:17 PM
Losing my Dad is harder than I thought. I called him every day. I come home from work, and automatically pick up the phone. Then it occurs to me......

I miss hearing his deep, comforting voice. And his calming words of wisdom.

Jeff
07-09-2015, 12:59 AM
Losing my Dad is harder than I thought. I called him every day. I come home from work, and automatically pick up the phone. Then it occurs to me......

I miss hearing his deep, comforting voice. And his calming words of wisdom.

Pixie I lost my Mom a few years ago on the fourth of July and I still find myself talking to her, I often think about calling her, I still have her number on my phone and guess I always will, some say it gets easier in time, I am not sure that is so true, I think you just learn to live with it better in time.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Pixie I lost my Mom a few years ago on the fourth of July and I still find myself talking to her, I often think about calling her, I still have her number on my phone and guess I always will, some say it gets easier in time, I am not sure that is so true, I think you just learn to live with it better in time.

My father died on the morning of his birthday back in 1969 ( 46 YEARS AGO). I still think of him and miss him every day, every day!!!
He was the entire Universe to me and always will be...
I pray that my son shall love me that much..... As I teach him what my dad taught me..
It does eventually get easier but it never gets forgotten--the loss! --Tyr