PDA

View Full Version : Save The Earth By Peeing In The Shower

Pernicious
10-12-2014, 11:19 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6564&stc=1

You want to save the environment, right? Prevent global warming, save the world’s 13 Icelandic snow owls, that kind of thing.

Then you must pee in the shower. That’s the earnest message from a couple of students at England’s University of East Anglia, reports BBC News.
The two students, Debs Torr and Chris Dobson, theorize that their idea could “save enough water to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool 26 times.”
It’s also a pragmatic timesaver, The Daily Caller notes.
“We’ve done the maths, and this project stands to have a phenomenal impact,” Dobson told the BBC.
“Imagine how big an impact it could have if we could get everyone in East Anglia, or even the UK, to change their morning habits.”
Dobson, 20, also noted that, strangely enough, not everyone has loved the big, brilliant idea.
“The campaign has been really divisive. People either seem to love it or hate it,” he explained.
But he’s undaunted.
“We’re trying to challenge conventional behavior — to start a debate on a resource that we largely take for granted,” the student said.
Dobson added that he and Torr have undertaken ample research to ensure that it’s not some disgusting health risk to pee in the communal showers that are often found on college campuses.
http://news.yahoo.com/science-save-earth-peeing-shower-190635500.html

Drummond
10-12-2014, 01:16 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6564&stc=1

You want to save the environment, right? Prevent global warming, save the world’s 13 Icelandic snow owls, that kind of thing.

Then you must pee in the shower. That’s the earnest message from a couple of students at England’s University of East Anglia, reports BBC News.
The two students, Debs Torr and Chris Dobson, theorize that their idea could “save enough water to fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool 26 times.”
It’s also a pragmatic timesaver, The Daily Caller notes.
“We’ve done the maths, and this project stands to have a phenomenal impact,” Dobson told the BBC.
“Imagine how big an impact it could have if we could get everyone in East Anglia, or even the UK, to change their morning habits.”
Dobson, 20, also noted that, strangely enough, not everyone has loved the big, brilliant idea.
“The campaign has been really divisive. People either seem to love it or hate it,” he explained.
But he’s undaunted.
“We’re trying to challenge conventional behavior — to start a debate on a resource that we largely take for granted,” the student said.
Dobson added that he and Torr have undertaken ample research to ensure that it’s not some disgusting health risk to pee in the communal showers that are often found on college campuses.
http://news.yahoo.com/science-save-earth-peeing-shower-190635500.html

I saw a BBC interview a couple of days ago about this, only with a young woman trying to sell the idea on air. The BBC interviewer didn't seem much impressed ...

I have to wonder, despite the health aspect 'claimed': adding such a 'habit' to the daily routine, just around the time when Ebola's predicted to arrive ... how would this increase infection rates .. ?

tailfins
10-12-2014, 02:14 PM
Why not use it as a bonding moment with your dog and pee on trees together?

Jeff
10-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Hell everyone should drink more Beer, I know that makes me Pee like a Race Horse :laugh: if I drank everyday I could probably fill a pool myself at the end of a month :laugh:

aboutime
10-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Got this joke from a friend in my email today.

Unknown author: Have fun.

A woman from Los Angeles who was a tree hugger, a liberal Democrat, and an
anti-hunter, purchased a piece of timberland near Colville, Washington.
There was a large tree on one of the highest points in the tract. She wanted
a good view of the natural splendor of her land so she started to climb the
big tree. As she neared the top she encountered a spotted owl that attacked
her. In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground and
got many splinters in her crotch.

In considerable pain, she hurried to a local ER to see a doctor. She told
him she was an environmentalist, a democrat, and an anti-hunter and how she
came to get all the splinters. The doctor listened to her story with great
patience and then told her to go wait in the examining room and he would see
if he could help her.

She sat and waited three hours before the doctor reappeared. The angry woman
demanded, "What took you so long?" He smiled and then told her, "Well, I had
to get permits from the Environmental Protection Agency, the Forest Service,
and the Bureau of Land Management before I could remove old-growth timber
from a recreational area, so close to a waste treatment facility.

I'm sorry, but due to Obama Care, they turned me down."

Pernicious
10-12-2014, 03:49 PM
Geez...........and all these years I thought a Schmuck was someone who got out of the shower to take a leak!:cool:

namvet
10-13-2014, 06:28 PM
hell i piss in the shower all the time

tailfins
10-13-2014, 06:34 PM

You're an exception because you have no control over it.

grannyhawkins
10-13-2014, 06:37 PM

Ain't that what the Navy taught ya fur a case of athlete's foot???

namvet
10-13-2014, 06:39 PM
Ain't that what the Navy taught ya fur a case of athlete's foot???

just my poor GOV training :laugh:

Bilgerat
10-13-2014, 06:44 PM

Toilet is porcelain with drain

Shower is tile with drain

What's the problem??

namvet
10-13-2014, 06:48 PM
Toilet is porcelain with drain

Shower is tile with drain

What's the problem??

no problem. i gotta go i go where ever.

Gunny
10-13-2014, 06:49 PM
You're an exception because you have no control over it.

:laugh:

namvet
10-13-2014, 07:42 PM
im just trying to save the planet. you piss in the stool then take a shower look at all that water you waste. so save the world. piss in the shower. I thought libs loved this shit. uh

got a wife?? both of you pee and just 1 flush. :thumb:

aboutime
10-13-2014, 07:50 PM
Many years ago. I heard a Navy Corpsman explain about how dangerous it would be to Pee in the Shower aboard ship since it would make a different kind of contamination.

He then went on to explain how "So few sailors actually have Athletes Foot BECAUSE...."They Pee in the Shower".

Guess it just depends on HOW BAD you have to go.

Of course. NOBODY wants to admit they do it. With the exception of a brave few???

namvet
10-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Many years ago. I heard a Navy Corpsman explain about how dangerous it would be to Pee in the Shower aboard ship since it would make a different kind of contamination.

He then went on to explain how "So few sailors actually have Athletes Foot BECAUSE...."They Pee in the Shower".

Guess it just depends on HOW BAD you have to go.

Of course. NOBODY wants to admit they do it. With the exception of a brave few???

I gotta shower now

stephanie
10-13-2014, 09:38 PM
LOL, give me a few of those targets and I'll even stand and pee in shower.