PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Rankings: Week 7

Jeff
10-13-2014, 06:37 AM
This really stinks, last year we had a Heisman trophy winner that had rape charges hanging over him and this year a player if tossed because he allegedly sold his shirt , that Stinks, and yes I understand Gurley was suspended but it still doesn't make it right.

Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - With a suspension dropping one former favorite from the ranks, quarterbacks dominate the upper half of this list as the Heisman Trophy picture begins to get clearer near the season's halfway point.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/10/06/heisman-rankings-week-6/?intcmp=HPBucket

jimnyc
10-13-2014, 10:31 AM
Yep, and he was a runaway for the award up till now. Eff Georgia anyway!! LOL I'm pulling for both Ole Miss and Mississippi State now!

Gunny
10-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Yep, and he was a runaway for the award up till now. Eff Georgia anyway!! LOL I'm pulling for both Ole Miss and Mississippi State now!

The NCAA needs to be removed. Lock stock and barrel. They've made college football as big a PC joke as the NFL has pro football.

Can't wait for basketball season.

jimnyc
10-13-2014, 01:58 PM
The NCAA needs to be removed. Lock stock and barrel. They've made college football as big a PC joke as the NFL has pro football.

Can't wait for basketball season.

I can't wait to see if they find a way to ruin the new playoff series in its first year, which I'm sure they will!! I love college football, but it sucks to see the kids getting used and abused, and penalized in cases like this, while those in charge are making endless millions of dollars off of them.

Gunny
10-13-2014, 03:07 PM
I can't wait to see if they find a way to ruin the new playoff series in its first year, which I'm sure they will!! I love college football, but it sucks to see the kids getting used and abused, and penalized in cases like this, while those in charge are making endless millions of dollars off of them.

I agree. You know what I'm actually all for?

Go back to the old conferences. No playoffs. The old bowl without the sponsors names. And if you don't make it, too bad. You can be Joe Shit the Rag Man Community College and MickeyD's got a bowl game for you. It pushes "everyone's a winner" (the dumbing down to mediocrity) and over-saturation of the sport for the sake of sponsors. And you're right, it''s all about the money.

Elessar
01-04-2015, 07:41 PM
I agree. You know what I'm actually all for?

Go back to the old conferences. No playoffs. The old bowl without the sponsors names. And if you don't make it, too bad. You can be Joe Shit the Rag Man Community College and MickeyD's got a bowl game for you. It pushes "everyone's a winner" (the dumbing down to mediocrity) and over-saturation of the sport for the sake of sponsors. And you're right, it''s all about the money.

There too many damn bowl games!

Several years back there were 122 to 128 NCAA Div I schools that had football teams. (I am not sure how many there are now).

Each season about half of those teams, give or take a few, would have a winning or .500 record.

>Fast forward to 2014. There are now 30 some bowl games. Given my above statements of W/L records,
what do we see? Mediocre teams playing in some strangely named "Bowl" game for what? MONEY!

It used to be that a bowl invitation was given in recognition of accomplishment. A 6-5, 6-6, 6-7 season record is
accomplishment?

The whole bowl concept has been terribly diluted.