Bilgerat
10-13-2014, 07:28 AM
Have a great 239th!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6591&stc=1

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-13-2014, 09:00 AM
Have a great 239th!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6591&stc=1

Not if Obama is in charge, lets just drop a few bombs to slow them a tad while we leave about a billion dollars worth of advanced weaponry for them to just gather up to use in their advance.

Here is how Chesty Puller thought and handled the leaving of weaponry for the enemy.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/puller.html

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now.
We've finally found him. We're surrounded.
That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."

As the commander of the 1st Battalion, 7th Marines, Puller’s men were tasked with making an amphibious assault near the Matanikau River on the sunny Pacific resort island of Guadalcanal and staking out a critical strategic Margarita stand. Two companies of the 1/7 hit the beaches, and almost immediately ran into a force of Japanese regular infantry much larger and more well-prepared than anything the Marines were expecting to face there. The invasion force was cut-off and surrounded by an enemy counter attack, and Puller quickly realized that he had to get his boys out of there before they were cut to pieces. Another group of Marines tried to break through the Japanese flank and reach the stranded men, but the enemy resistance was too strong and they were too well-fortified to be displaced. The commander of the operation told Puller that it was hopeless, and that those Marines were lost. Well Chesty Fucking Puller never resigned defeat for any reason. He slammed his fist down on the table and immediately stormed out of camp toward the beach, where he flagged down a U.S. Destroyer that happened to be sailing off the coast. Despite having absolutely no authority to do so, Puller boarded the vessel and immediately began organizing a second amphibious assault aimed at breaking through the Japanese lines. From the deck of the ship he directed the Destroyer to fire everything they had at the enemy fortifications. The shelling, coupled with the second landing, punched through the enemy blockade and cleared a path for the stranded Marines to escape. One week after this defeat, Puller and his men would return to the mouth of the Matanikau River and obliterate all Japanese opposition in the sector, probably with their bare hands.

During that same campaign, Puller would once again prove his brass-ballsitude by going above and beyond the call of duty in the name of kicking every ass he could find. On the night of 24 October 1942, 700 men of the 1/7 were positioned in a thin, mile-long line, defending an American airfield that was critical for the success of the Guadalcanal operation. They suddenly came under an intense onslaught from the seasoned men of the Japanese 17th Army, who came charging full-speed at the U.S. positions. For over three hours in the middle of the night, Chesty Puller ran up and down the U.S. lines directing his men and giving orders to his company commanders. When the smoke cleared the next morning, the hard-fighting men of the 1st Marines had killed 1,400 of the enemy and captured seventeen trucks loaded with weapons and PlayStations while sustaining fewer than 70 casualties. Before he would leave Guadalcanal, Puller would be shot twice by snipers and hit once with shrapnel from an exploding mortar round, but none of that bullshit would slow him down because he had well over 200 hit points thanks to his 18 Constitution score and the fact that he was a Level 15 Marine Commander. Shit, fucking Admiral Yamamoto himself could have swooped in on a giant fucking red dragon that breathed fire right in Puller's fucking face and Chesty would have just casually dusted himself off, broken the dragon's neck, and hurled the Admiral into an active volcano.

Puller continued to fight in the Pacific Campaign, once again earning distinction at the Battle of New Britain Island. This time, three separate Marine battalions had been hit hard by enemy fire and lost their commanding officers, so Puller himself ran up and down the American lines, re-organizing the men under heavy machine gun and mortar fire, and eventually leading an assault that would break the enemy lines – an action that would earn him his third Navy Cross. Later in 1944, Puller led the 1st Marine Regiment in the Battle of Peleliu, an engagement that was one of the bloodiest battles in the history of the Corps.

After WWII, Puller returned stateside for a while. He taught strategy and tactics at various military institutions until one day he heard that some godless Commie bastards were fucking with Democracy over in Korea. Puller cracked his knuckles, loaded up his Colt 1911, and landed at the head of the 1st Marines at Inchon in September of 1950. At the Battle of Choisin Reservoir, Puller and his men found themselves holed up in the town of Koto-ri, completely surrounded by ten full Divisions of Chinese Infantry hell-bent on killing every American they could find and then re-animating the dead bodies to fight as their undead army of the night. Heavily outnumbered, and fighting in ball-freezing sub-zero temperatures, Puller’s troops broke the enemy lines, smashed through seven enemy divisions, and then stayed behind as a rear guard, bearing the brunt of the Chinese onslaught so that the rest of the Marines could complete their retreat (Puller refused to refer to it as a retreat, however, he preferred to call it, "attacking in a different direction"). The 1st Marines withstood fierce attacks by hordes of Communist soldiers but held their position, inflicted tremendous numbers of casualties on the enemy and managed to provide enough time for the Allies to evacuate all of their wounded men and salvageable equipment. Sheer bravery in the face of intense fire and a seemingly winless situation earned Chesty Puller his fifth Navy Cross – an unprecedented accomplishment that has never been equaled.

As it should be for any good badass military commander, Chesty Puller was admired by his men and feared by his enemies. He always led from the front, fighting in the trenches with the men, and never flinched under even the most serious fire. One time a grenade landed next to him, and when the rest of the guys around him dove for cover he glanced at it and nonchalantly said, “Oh, that. It’s a dud.” He inspired loyalty and courage in his Marines, treated his men well, insisted on the best equipment and discipline for his troops, and had a no fear, win-at-all-costs attitude that won him fourteen medals for combat bravery in addition to countless unit citations and campaign ribbons. He is the most highly-decorated Marine in history, and a legendary figure amongst his brethren. To this day, Marines at Parris Island end their day by saying, "Good night Chesty Puller, wherever you are!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.koreanwar-educator.org/topics/death_notices/p_death_notices_k.htm

(Click picture for a larger view)
Robert & Dee Katelhut
Reunion 27 September 2003: Dolores & Robert Katelhut, Bob Robinson, and Bob Dunger

Message from Robert Katelhut Jr.

"Just thinking about my Dad today because the Chosin Few organization contacted me for some additional information about his life. He was shot in the leg from a Chinese sniper bullet in 1951 while serving as a USMC forward observer in the Chosin Reservoir with George Company 1/3.

The 'Frozen Chosin', as they would become to be known, were surrounded by the Chinese and cut off from their supply lines in the dead of winter below zero temperatures in North Korea with no cold weather gear. A famous quote was made by the legendary marine Chesty Puller who, as my dad recounted, jumped up on the back of a truck to address the Division and said these famous words: 'Marines, the enemy is to our front, they are to the rear, they are on both our flanks (surrounded). We got them right where we want them. They can't get away now.' Chesty was an optimist. The First Marine Division could not dig in to the ground because it was frozen solid from sub zero temperatures and the marines only had their warm weather equipment.

It was not until I became a marine did my dad talk about his experience with me. It seems I had earned that right of the brotherhood. My dad recounted to me that when the dew level dropped in the early morning and it was the coldest part of the day. The Chinese, waves upon human waves of Chinese, would make a frontal attack. The ones in the front would be mowed down by the marines in sub zero temperatures, most suffering from frostbite.

The Chinese troops behind those who were killed on the front of the assault would fall to the ground, only to have their weapons picked up by the following waves of Chinese and the assault would continue for hours in an endless wave of humans attacking the marines--who were outnumbered 1,000,000 to 1,000.

The First Division of the USMC was written off as wiped out by the press and by the commander General Mac Arthur. The First Marine Division executed the famous attack to the rear. Chesty said, 'Hell, we are not retreating, we are attacking to the rear.' The First Marine Division successfully broke through the enemy rear stronghold, bringing every frozen solid marine dead corpse (the wounded had to walk), and they brought every piece of marine corps equipment with them, too--a tradition carried for over 230 years. They successfully attacked to the rear, and through countless firefights and North Korean artillery attacks, made it back to Inchon and were successfully extracted.

I honor my father who lied about his age (17) so he could join the USMC. He and my mom raised five children. My dad had a 9th grade education. He suffered from bone infection from his gunshot wound, and frostbite, along with untreated full-blown PTSD from 1951 until 1995, when he finally lost his leg from bone infection and began full treatment for all of his wounds with the V.A. I have no idea how he and she successfully did so. It was to say the least--a challenge.

In 1992 my mother suffered a debilitating heart aneurism which left her lucid, but unable to walk or speak very well at all. For all intents and purposes, my mom should have been in a hospice. But in true marine spirit my dad said, 'We don't leave anyone behind,' and he cared for her. When he lost his leg four years later, he continued with his ethic no one left behind, and with one leg cared for my mother while both were in a wheelchair.

The last 12 years of his life he lived sober. He was treated for PTSD. He came to know Christ as his Lord and Savior, led my mom to Christ, and cared for my mom until she passed in October, 2005. They told me that the last years of their lives were the happiest they had known.

Two months after my mom passed after 55 years of marriage, my dad fell dead to a massive heart attack after I unsuccessfully attempted CPR. His heart was fine until that day. He died of a broken heart and it was clear he had no intention of fighting to live while he was receiving CPR. He wanted to be with my mom.

He graduated from this reality on January 8, 2006, next to the bed that he shared with his wife for 55 years. I salute you first as a father and also I salute Mom as one who went through hell with you, Dad, before you got your treatment by the V.A. in 1995 and learned of the redemption of Christ--his and her God.

One of my dad and mom’s greatest joys were the yearly anniversaries of the Chosin Few. I attended a few of them and I was able to see firsthand what I had been taught in boot camp in the Marine History classes. I remember the instructor telling us that the Chosin Few are the hardest Marine veterans that the Corps ever produced. He was right. I salute you Chosin Marines for what you did for us, for what you did for each other, and for the years of suffering I know most of you endured afterwards. Semper Fi to you all.

Second link shows Puller left no equipment for the enemy to use and had his men pick up all the Army equipment/weapons that was abandoned on the road as they retreated. -Tyr

aboutime
10-13-2014, 04:12 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/90000tons.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-13-2014, 06:28 PM
http://icansayit.com/images/90000tons.jpg

Best diplomat we have ever had!!!!
That one talks loudly and with serious conviction.

Those scum only respect brute force, massive brute force even more!-Tyr

namvet
10-13-2014, 07:21 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/21lrker.jpg

aboutime
10-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Imagine, if Teddy Roosevelt was alive when he was able to see the U.S. Navy's First Nuclear Aircraft Carrier. USS ENTERPRIZE CVN-65.

He would probably still use the expression "Speak Softly, and THIS is America's BIG STICK!"

Nations around the World are trying to copy us. But so far. NOT ONE OF THEM has the Experience, or Knowledge with our BIG STICK NAVY.

Thank Goodness.

namvet
10-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Imagine, if Teddy Roosevelt was alive when he was able to see the U.S. Navy's First Nuclear Aircraft Carrier. USS ENTERPRIZE CVN-65.

He would probably still use the expression "Speak Softly, and THIS is America's BIG STICK!"

Nations around the World are trying to copy us. But so far. NOT ONE OF THEM has the Experience, or Knowledge with our BIG STICK NAVY.

Thank Goodness.

AT we had a little problem with the big E in Nam. I won't tell Ted if you won't

http://i57.tinypic.com/nce87d.jpg

aboutime
10-14-2014, 03:53 PM
AT we had a little problem with the big E in Nam. I won't tell Ted if you won't

http://i57.tinypic.com/nce87d.jpg

namvet. I remember that very well. I also remember the day the FORRESTAL finally made it back to Pier 12 in Norfolk after their deadly fire.

We were at Pier 9, or 7 and we could smell it when the wind blew toward us that day.

Fire is never a little problem for anyone who calls a ship their home.

Civilians have no idea about not being able to just leave when your house is burning down.

YANKEE STATION played Hell on too many back then.

namvet
10-14-2014, 04:50 PM
namvet. I remember that very well. I also remember the day the FORRESTAL finally made it back to Pier 12 in Norfolk after their deadly fire.

We were at Pier 9, or 7 and we could smell it when the wind blew toward us that day.

Fire is never a little problem for anyone who calls a ship their home.

Civilians have no idea about not being able to just leave when your house is burning down.

YANKEE STATION played Hell on too many back then.

we were in Nam when the big E blew up off Hawaii and didn't hear about it for some time. we did the Forrestal. my ship had finished up a visit to Hong Kong and as we left the harbor for open sea the disaster came over the TTY machines from the fleet broadcast. but we were to far away. we never got to see it but we did get some photos. god almighty what a hellava mess.

http://i58.tinypic.com/opbejr.jpg

the Navy made a training film of this called "learn or burn"

scrapped for Penney