PDA

View Full Version : Romney Aide Takes Leave Amid Allegations He Impersonated a Law Enforcement Officer

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 07:52 PM
BOSTON — An ever-present aide to Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney took a leave of absence Friday after he became the subject of investigations in two states for allegedly impersonating a law enforcement officer.

Full Story...........
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286152,00.html

The other day it was one of Guiliani's guys, why do I think the Dem's are behind this. I saw when I worked on our current Governors campaign tons of false alligations brought up that we traced to his opponents campaign and the Democratic Party.

06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
at most a misdemeaner it seems. That is assuming they can prove that he did anything. If he did, im more curious about the why more than anything.

btw does this mean if i dressed up as a police officer for halloween i could get fined and tossed in prison? What about those strippers dressed as cops?

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 08:43 PM
at most a misdemeaner it seems. That is assuming they can prove that he did anything. If he did, im more curious about the why more than anything.

btw does this mean if i dressed up as a police officer for halloween i could get fined and tossed in prison? What about those strippers dressed as cops?

No but if your passing your self off as a cop then you get introuble.

Yurt
06-22-2007, 10:26 PM
No but if your passing your self off as a cop then you get introuble.

Yes, that is the diff

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Yes, that is the diff

Although I would let a couple of the women I have seen dressed up like a cop arrest me anyday :laugh2:

diuretic
06-22-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm not assuming guilt, the man hasn't had a trial yet. But if a cop pulled that stunt, using his or her office for the benefit of a member of the family or themselves, they'd be in big trouble.

nevadamedic
06-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm not assuming guilt, the man hasn't had a trial yet. But if a cop pulled that stunt, using his or her office for the benefit of a member of the family or themselves, they'd be in big trouble.

Actually cops abuse their power all the time.