PDA

View Full Version : Second Dallas nurse infected with deadly Ebola virus

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-15-2014, 06:32 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/ebola-diagnosed-in-second-dallas-nurse-105542930.html

A second nurse from Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has been diagnosed with Ebola. (Reuters/Mike Stone)

DALLAS – A second Texas nurse who treated Ebola patient Thomas Eric Duncan has become infected with the deadly disease, health officials announced early Wednesday.

Officials said the unidentified health care worker reported a fever on Tuesday and was immediately isolated at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.

“Health officials have interviewed the latest patient to quickly identify any contacts or potential exposures, and those people will be monitored,” the Texas Department of State Health Services said in a written statement. “The type of monitoring depends on the nature of their interactions and the potential they were exposed to the virus.”

The positive test for Ebola was determined about midnight Tuesday at a state laboratory in Austin. Results from a second testing by the CDC in Atlanta are expected later Wednesday.

The latest nurse becomes the third person to be diagnosed with Ebola in Dallas since Sept. 30. Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins, Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings, and Dr. Daniel Varga with Texas Health Resources are scheduled to address the public during a 7 a.m. news conference.

Thomas Eric Duncan, a Liberian citizen who had recently travelled from West Africa to Dallas, died from Ebola a week ago at Texas Health Presbyterian. He was the first person to ever be diagnosed with the virus in the United States. The disease, for which there is no known cure, has killed more than 4,000 people in West Africa in 2014, the World Health Organization estimates.

Duncan, 42, was treated at Texas Health Presbyterian for 10 days before his death. Last Friday, 26-year-old nurse Nina Pham began running a fever while at home and went to the hospital where she isolated. She tested positive for Ebola on Sunday. Hospital officials reported that she was in good condition as of late Tuesday.

Texas Health Presbyterian officials have said Pham wore protective clothing and insist staff followed safety precautions issued by federal officials. How Pham, a nurse for four years, contracted Ebola hasn’t been determined, but CDC director Dr. Tom Frieden has said he believes there was a breach in safety procedures.

Pham’s diagnosis sparked immediate angst for workers at Texas Health Presbyterian. On Tuesday, the CDC said 76 health care workers who could have come in contact with Duncan were being monitored for symptoms.

“As we have said before, because of our ongoing investigation, it is not unexpected that there would be additional exposures,” the CDC said in a written statement early Wednesday. “An additional health care worker testing positive for Ebola is a serious concern, and the CDC has already taken active steps to minimize the risk to health care workers and the patient.”

(This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.)

How many more??
Why are those flights continuing?

Jeff
10-15-2014, 07:56 AM
I think we now know what the government was buying and hording all those caskets for.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6618&stc=1

Time to thin out the population

DLT
10-15-2014, 01:42 PM
How many more??
Why are those flights continuing?

So apparently, the new "protocol" for dealing with containing deadly, infectious diseases... after you've had close contact or cared for an Ebola patient....

is to immediately hop a plane for somewhere, anywhere, and gamble on some 200+ other folks not catching it.

And yeah, that's sarcasm.

DLT
10-15-2014, 01:45 PM
I think we now know what the government was buying and hording all those caskets for.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6618&stc=1

Time to thin out the population

Let me guess. They'll announce that they have (magically) a vaccine. But unfortunately, there will only be enough for "Holder's people". Sorry guys. White, conservative, Christian, gun-owners need not even try. Fergettaboutit.

PixieStix
10-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Damn. My brother was at the airport at the same time this woman was. I am not sure which flight he took.

I am pretty sure the bathrooms in airplanes are not the most sanitary. So.......

Are they going to continue lying. We know that the cdc wants o keep panick down. With that said why is it that these people who worked with Thomas Duncan allowed to travel.

Gaffer
10-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Unless he's contacted by the airlines or cdc I would say he probably has nothing to worry about.

PixieStix
10-15-2014, 02:13 PM
Unless he's contacted by the airlines or cdc I would say he probably has nothing to worry about.

I sure as heck hope so. He is now in Alabama with my Dad. My Dad is in the hospital with pneumonia, and various other things. He has been isolated...or so we think

Gaffer
10-15-2014, 04:01 PM
It's highly unlikely he came even 100 feet of her. Even if she infected others they would not be infectious right away.

This ebola scare could have a serious effect on the airlines business. People will be scared to fly. I'm more concerned with the D68 virus that's affecting kids all over the country than I am ebola.

Hopefully you can post that your dad is doing better soon. My best wishes to you on that.

DLT
10-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Damn. My brother was at the airport at the same time this woman was. I am not sure which flight he took.

I am pretty sure the bathrooms in airplanes are not the most sanitary. So.......

Are they going to continue lying. We know that the cdc wants o keep panick down. With that said why is it that these people who worked with Thomas Duncan allowed to travel.

She was allowed to travel for the same reason that Snyderman was allowed to visit the Peasant Grill, despite being under "voluntary quarantine". These people are leftie Democrats.... and as such are ""special"" people that are not subject to the same rules, laws, ethical constraints, etc., that others (like us) are expected to adhere to. Their main priority (like Duncan's was) is themselves, IOW. Here's her pic, which says a lot.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6627&stc=1

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-15-2014, 05:36 PM
She was allowed to travel for the same reason that Snyderman was allowed to visit the Peasant Grill, despite being under "voluntary quarantine". These people are leftie Democrats.... and as such are ""special"" people that are not subject to the same rules, laws, ethical constraints, etc., that others (like us) are expected to adhere to. Their main priority (like Duncan's was) is themselves, IOW. Here's her pic, which says a lot.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6627&stc=1

That picture has dummocrat written all over it!!!

Of course she is not bound by the rules we "lesser beings" must obey,
its the dem/lib way..--Tyr

DLT
10-15-2014, 06:18 PM
That picture has dummocrat written all over it!!!

Of course she is not bound by the rules we "lesser beings" must obey,
its the dem/lib way..--Tyr

It also has

written all over. Typical Obama fan.https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5709199/il_570xN.44000973.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-16-2014, 08:23 AM
It also has

written all over. Typical Obama fan.https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5709199/il_570xN.44000973.jpg

Of course, they by a huge majority see him as brilliant. Which is laughable when one hears him speak while not reading prepared words. The stuttering he does is nerve wrecking and the lost thoughts are numerous. The repetitions are too. Yet like the other lies he is hailed as a Master Speaker/Debater when truth is he is a Master reader only. A master at deceit.. That's what they wanted and is what they found.
He is controlled and lead by others. The foreign Globalists , their handler for Obama is Soros. Tyr