PDA

View Full Version : Texas

PixieStix
10-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Why is Texas always in the news?

It seems like that state is ground zero for ebola, a fight for border, abortion ect...ect...ect...

Just a little something that I noticed

:dunno:

DLT
10-15-2014, 01:10 PM

It seems like that state is ground zero for ebola, a fight for border, abortion ect...ect...ect...

Texas is a bullseye target state for Obama minions' anger. If they can't turn Texas purple and then blue, then they will try to destroy Texas. You know. The usual Marxist war strategy.

PixieStix
10-15-2014, 01:12 PM
Do you think if they can win/lose Texas, they win/lose the whole nation?

DLT
10-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Do you think if they can win/lose Texas, they win/lose the whole nation?

There are only a few holdout solid conservative-leaning states now. So unless Americans wake the hell up to the damage Leftism has done and still IS doing to us, yeah....we will eventually lose the whole nation to these leftist bastards. And I've about given up on the hope that Americans will awaken from their stupor and throw these ahole leftists out. I thought it would happen when they rammed Obamacare down our throats. I hoped it would happen when our border became Obama's method of punishing America with an illegal invasion of infected immigrants. And now this Ebola thing. Hell, the sucky economy isn't even on most Americans' radar right now due to all of the other "crisis" situations....and considering the fact that even permanently unemployed people are still eating good and enjoying life thanks to an endless supply of phony money for welfare-for-votes.

I'm feeling a bit discouraged these days, needless to say.

Gunny
10-15-2014, 02:58 PM
There are only a few holdout solid conservative-leaning states now. So unless Americans wake the hell up to the damage Leftism has done and still IS doing to us, yeah....we will eventually lose the whole nation to these leftist bastards. And I've about given up on the hope that Americans will awaken from their stupor and throw these ahole leftists out. I thought it would happen when they rammed Obamacare down our throats. I hoped it would happen when our border became Obama's method of punishing America with an illegal invasion of infected immigrants. And now this Ebola thing. Hell, the sucky economy isn't even on most Americans' radar right now due to all of the other "crisis" situations....and considering the fact that even permanently unemployed people are still eating good and enjoying life thanks to an endless supply of phony money for welfare-for-votes.

I'm feeling a bit discouraged these days, needless to say.

I disagree. Most states are controlled by cockroach motel-dwellers in the large cities. IL is completely rural and conservative. And completely controlled by Chicago. CA is controlled by SF and LA. Most of the state is desert, and conservative. Houston and Dallas/FT Worth should be shipped to NY. You take all these large as handout-baby citied and put them in one state? That's all they'd have.

Gunny
10-15-2014, 03:20 PM

..."Because of the proximity in time between the evening flight and first report of illness the following morning, CDC is reaching out to passengers who flew on Frontier Airlines flight 1143 Cleveland to Dallas/Fort Worth Oct. 13," the CDC said in a statement. The flight landed Monday at 8:16 p.m. CT. ..

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/health/texas-ebola-outbreak/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Hmmm .... might be of interest to people from Cleveland.

PixieStix
10-15-2014, 05:50 PM

Indeed. If those people who have been exposed to someone with ebola. They should not be allowed to travel 1200 miles across country

Gunny
10-15-2014, 05:58 PM
Indeed. If those people who have been exposed to someone with ebola. They should not be allowed to travel 1200 miles across country

Right. But then, this thread would be about Cleveland, OH and not Texas, right? Probably something along the lines of negligence, I'd say.

You are correct ... ebola is not a joke. Petty partisan/political and/or personal bias isn't going to solve a thing, now is it?

The better idea is to stop the bleeding. Blaming one place for it is BS, regardless one's opinion of that place. Right?

PixieStix
10-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Still about Texas since she came from there to here and back for whatever reason

PixieStix
10-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Right. But then, this thread would be about Cleveland, OH and not Texas, right? Probably something along the lines of negligence, I'd say.

You are correct ... ebola is not a joke. Petty partisan/political and/or personal bias isn't going to solve a thing, now is it?

The better idea is to stop the bleeding. Blaming one place for it is BS, regardless one's opinion of that place. Right?

I am not blaming Texas. I made an observation, about much of the news coming from there lately

Gunny
10-15-2014, 06:06 PM
I am not blaming Texas. I made an observation, about much of the news coming from there lately

It's called being attacked by the leftist media because we're assholes and don't knuckle under to others. You should know that.

PixieStix
10-15-2014, 06:08 PM
It's called being attacked by the leftist media because we're assholes and don't knuckle under to others. You should know that.

:laugh:
Not everyone from Texas is an asshole

gabosaurus
10-15-2014, 06:13 PM
Texas is a weird state populated by weird people. Including the majority of my paternal relatives. :cool:

Gunny
10-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Texas is a weird state populated by weird people. Including the majority of my paternal relatives. :cool:

Your relatives are from Dallas, not Texas. Goof.

SassyLady
10-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Everything about Texas is bigger as is the target on it's back.

Gunny .... where does Amarillo factor into your cities that are not Texan enough?

Be careful ... it's where I was born.....but I actually lived in Hereford.

Jeff
10-16-2014, 12:03 AM
Texas Hmmm I heard somewhere all that comes from there is Steers and Queers :laugh:

Gunny where are you from again :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shadow
10-16-2014, 07:15 AM
I disagree. Most states are controlled by cockroach motel-dwellers in the large cities. IL is completely rural and conservative. And completely controlled by Chicago. CA is controlled by SF and LA. Most of the state is desert, and conservative. Houston and Dallas/FT Worth should be shipped to NY. You take all these large as handout-baby citied and put them in one state? That's all they'd have.

New Mexico is the same. Conservative rural areas but dominated by the big cities that the transplanted left wingers from NY and CA move to.

Shadow
10-16-2014, 07:18 AM

Ohio? Please. You are talking about the people I had to train for the last two years...the same ones that came out here wanting to see the Teepees that the Indians lived in. :laugh:

Gunny
10-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Everything about Texas is bigger as is the target on it's back.

Gunny .... where does Amarillo factor into your cities that are not Texan enough?

Be careful ... it's where I was born.....but I actually lived in Hereford.

Guess I'm in luck then. Amarillo's about as Texas as it gets. :)

Gunny
10-16-2014, 02:35 PM
Ohio? Please. You are talking about the people I had to train for the last two years...the same ones that came out here wanting to see the Teepees that the Indians lived in. :laugh:

The teepees huh? Dorks.

WAIT! One of the rest areas on I-10 in NM has metal teepees to cover the picnic tables. :)

tailfins
10-16-2014, 03:02 PM

Maybe Ohio doesn't have TeePees, but Arizona has WigWams for $62 per night. The car displays are worth the nightly rate. That is NOT a customer vehicle.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/21/2189/G9FAD00Z/posters/witold-skrypczak-wigwams-and-old-car-wigwam-motel-route-66-holbrook-arizona.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/55/162784340_15f5667df6.jpg

Gunny
10-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Maybe Ohio doesn't have TeePees, but Arizona has WigWams for $62 per night. The car displays are worth the nightly rate. That is NOT a customer vehicle.

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/21/2189/G9FAD00Z/posters/witold-skrypczak-wigwams-and-old-car-wigwam-motel-route-66-holbrook-arizona.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/55/162784340_15f5667df6.jpg

A wigwam and a teepee are the same thing.

Teepee is from the Sioux. Wigwam is Algonquian.

And yes, I DID look it up. I didn't know what the difference was. ;)

Gunny
10-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Oh, and the joke is, indians where shadow lives lived in mud huts and caves dug out of cliffs. :)

Nomadic indians lived in teepees.

tailfins
10-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Oh, and the joke is, indians where shadow lives lived in mud huts and caves dug out of cliffs. :)

Nomadic indians lived in teepees.

Chieftains where made by Pontiac.

http://image.highperformancepontiac.com/f/features/9031963+w799+h499+cr1+ar0/0608hppp_01z%2B1958_pontiac_chieftain%2Bfront_view .jpg

tailfins
10-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Chieftains where made by Pontiac.

The point of my post is that no one should get hung up on what some tourist trap (albeit a good one) operator calls his establishment.

Gunny
10-16-2014, 04:09 PM
The point of my post is that no one should get hung up on what some tourist trap (albeit a good one) operator calls his establishment.

Ummmm .... the original comment shadow made was poking fun of yankees wanting to see indians in their teepees. Indians don't live in teepees. The Southwestern/pueblo indians lived in ... wait for it ... pueblos?:laugh:

You'd be surprised what tourists think. Especially uneducated ones. They think Texas is John Wayne riding through the palo verde trees on the back lot of a Hollywood set in the 30's. We don't have palo verde trees. And you DON'T pet the damned longhorns. They're mean. And have long horns.

"We want to go tubing on the Frio". There's a REASON that spring-fed river is called the Frio. If you want to see how fast your balls can climb into your chest, opportunity knocks. :)

tailfins
10-16-2014, 04:27 PM

Ummmm .... the original comment shadow made was poking fun of yankees wanting to see indians in their teepees. Indians don't live in teepees. The Southwestern/pueblo indians lived in ... wait for it ... pueblos?:laugh:

You'd be surprised what tourists think. Especially uneducated ones. They think Texas is John Wayne riding through the palo verde trees on the back lot of a Hollywood set in the 30's. We don't have palo verde trees. And you DON'T pet the damned longhorns. They're mean. And have long horns.

"We want to go tubing on the Frio". There's a REASON that spring-fed river is called the Frio. If you want to see how fast your balls can climb into your chest, opportunity knocks. :)

To PT Barnum, they represented opportunity. This way to the EGRESS!