PDA

View Full Version : FOX News' Shep Smith Breaks Down The Media's Ebola Fear Mongering

jimnyc
10-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Just posting what I found while looking for some fight videos!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/74329" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jimnyc
10-17-2014, 08:10 AM
And for the record, I don't agree with him. I also don't agree with full on fear either. I think a lot of what he states is true, but he's not WHO or CDC. Just food for thought.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-17-2014, 08:19 AM
Just posting what I found while looking for some fight videos!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/embed/74329" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He is a damn liar. They stated Ebola could not come here --it came!
He stated no outbreak but now others have it from the original source--that's an outbreak.
They stated not possible for it to become airborne but experts now say it is possible etc.

That guy was reading a memo sent by Obama I suspect..
If they ,CDC and Obama, were so right why is it here, why has it spread and why hasn't Obama ordered those flights cancelled?
It is not an epidemic, not yet but nobody can say 100% that it will not become one.
Look at how wrong they've been so far.. -Tyr

revelarts
10-17-2014, 08:45 AM
Thank You Shep Smith.

Dear Lord, the fear mongering of the media and people buying it is what's frightening.
Since i don't watch a lot of MSM news I've just heard the water cooler talk, and here locally a woman was admitted to hospital and thought to have Ebola because she met an African man at a funereal and the woman later had flu symptoms. complete BS FALSE alarm over the IDEA that just being in the presence of an African mean you have Ebola!
Some people are acting crazy.

Concerning the statement that "It'd never come here".
why would anyone believe that? Unless a person lives in North Korea or on some remote island where planes or ships never go ANY virus has a chance of making it to the U.S..
It ridiculous to make a statement like that.

But the fact is Ebola is not a zombie apocalypse virus. And thankfully literally only a handful of Americans have died from it.
It's not that contagious,
and it can be contained
and it can be treated if caught early.

should precautions with people from infected areas be taking? yesss.
Should 300,000,000 people act like fearful idiots? nope.

Gaffer
10-17-2014, 09:22 AM
I don't often agree with Shepard Smith, But in this case I think he's right. It's being way over blown by the media. There's lots of other news out there and tons of scandals to dig into. ISIS is a much bigger threat to the US than ebola right now.