PDA

View Full Version : Pet food timer

jimnyc
10-20-2014, 09:36 AM
I was thinking of getting one of these, I saw one at Petco yesterday for $29.99. This new kitten is ALWAYS hungry, and I'm a sucker. I suppose this can keep them from overeating, as it only feeds at certain times per day. But you can develop your cat into an addict, and this is how he may act when there's nothing in the dish!! Then watch at the end, when it makes noise and he finally gets his food. Think he's hungry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Y6m8WxFpk

PixieStix
10-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Awww poor kitty.

I thought about it once too. Decided against it. Because I want my cats to look to me for food not a machine. I have bowls situated around my house. with small amounts of food. As long as they know I am there and there is food, they don't usually over eat.

But yeah sometimes they over eat from being competitive with one another, and they puke. I hate that.

gabosaurus
10-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Our cat was getting too fat, so the vet told us how much he should eat each day. My daughter puts out that amount each morning.
Which usually leads to the cat whining at night. You should see my daughter lecturing the cat about eating too much. :cool:

LongTermGuy
10-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Awww poor kitty.

I thought about it once too. Decided against it. Because I want my cats to look to me for food not a machine. I have bowls situated around my house. with small amounts of food. As long as they know I am there and there is food, they don't usually over eat.

But yeah sometimes they over eat from being competitive with one another, and they puke. I hate that.

`​No matter how hard I try...My cat "George" eats whenever he wants....he does leave my Parrot "Felix" alone... they are actually friends....Interesting ...the cat realizes Felix is part of the family also...

Pic below is not George...but this is how George rolls...

http://local-static1.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0022/5571/dead-squirrel-cat.jpg

SassyLady
10-22-2014, 01:39 AM
Creating a Pavlog's dog situation - classical conditioning.

Personally, I don't feed my pets at same time everyday. My pets are free eaters ... there is always food down for them .... they never overeat because they are never hungry. I've done this with all my dogs from the time I bring them home from breeder. If I condition them to eat at same time every day it will disrupt their routine if I'm not there to provide it to them at the same time. I like to have a life too.

Anyway, my recommendation is NOT to get one Jim.

fj1200
10-22-2014, 08:57 AM
Anyway, my recommendation is NOT to get one Jim.

I agree. You only need to worry about it if they get fat.

Gunny
10-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Awww poor kitty.

:smoke:

SassyLady
10-23-2014, 01:39 AM
I agree. You only need to worry about it if they get fat.

Yep ... then you put them on the overweight formula and start exercising them more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfIpWpqLLz8

My little guy ate the same food for 10 years which was for active adults. Now he's on the senior formula. I add supplement "The Missing Link" to his food now. After his recent bout with death knocking at the door, I've learned a lot about dog health.

Jeff
10-23-2014, 05:22 AM
I was thinking of getting one of these, I saw one at Petco yesterday for $29.99. This new kitten is ALWAYS hungry, and I'm a sucker. I suppose this can keep them from overeating, as it only feeds at certain times per day. But you can develop your cat into an addict, and this is how he may act when there's nothing in the dish!! Then watch at the end, when it makes noise and he finally gets his food. Think he's hungry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7Y6m8WxFpk

James you Lazy ass :laugh: it's one little kitten you can remember to feed the little Bast***, I a mean kitty :laugh:

`​No matter how hard I try...My cat "George" eats whenever he wants....he does leave my Parrot "Felix" alone... they are actually friends....Interesting ...the cat realizes Felix is part of the family also...

Pic below is not George...but this is how George rolls...

http://local-static1.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0022/5571/dead-squirrel-cat.jpg

The best cat I ever had we called Mamma cat and the only time I would feed her was I would throw left overs out the back door. she didn't want to come in the house and would rather hunt her food than have the store bought stuff, I once sat for over a hour ( with some redneck friends ) in my buddies back yard drinking beer and betting if she would get it or not, and watched this cat stalk a squirrel, when they say a cat flattens out , well I am here to tell you she was as flat as a sheet of paper, and she actually caught that squirrel and ate it , what a great cat she was. On another occasion if I remember right Jim was down and we where shooting in the yard and Sir Evil ( my other Bro ) said he heard something ( I can't half hear) and Jim was worried that he shot my Rott :laugh: but Sir Evil swore he heard something when all of a sudden Mamma cat popped out of the woods with 4 baby bunnies in her mouth and carried them to her littler of kittens, yes dinner was served, got to love a animal that can take care of itself