PDA

View Full Version : Obligatory Everyone's Dying Thread

Gunny
10-20-2014, 02:57 PM
My SIL has been dying of some disease or another for 30+ years.

My mother is dying trying to pay off HSN.

My brother is drinking himself to death.

My father thinks he's going to live forever but been dying for 40 years. Depends on which drama and victim card he wants to play.

I need a hip replacement.

Worst of all, my truck is getting old.

Somebody hand over the box of Kleenex, please?

BoogyMan
10-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Hip replacement doesn't sound like any fun at all. My MIL has just had knee replacement and she is behaving like it turned her back into a kid. :)

Gunny
10-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Hip replacement doesn't sound like any fun at all. My MIL has just had knee replacement and she is behaving like it turned her back into a kid. :)

That ain't happening until I run out of duct tape and bailing wire. :)

Shadow
10-22-2014, 06:01 AM
All 4 of my rose bushes died after putting up a good fight for a few months. I'm sad. :(

Bilgerat
10-22-2014, 06:29 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6721&stc=1

NightTrain
10-22-2014, 06:33 AM
What kind of hip? Titanium or ceramic / poly?

Friend of mine had a titanium hip put in when he was like 53 and he was bouncing around like new about 5 or 6 months later. Supposedly the new ceramic / poly route is better, though.

Gunny
10-22-2014, 06:59 AM
What kind of hip? Titanium or ceramic / poly?

Friend of mine had a titanium hip put in when he was like 53 and he was bouncing around like new about 5 or 6 months later. Supposedly the new ceramic / poly route is better, though.

I like the one I came with. I've never had major surgery and I ain't about to lay down for it now.

And I get whatever the government is experimenting on retired military personnel with.

NightTrain
10-22-2014, 07:04 AM
I think we can all agree that Stock is best... but we don't all get that option after a few decades of abuse.

FWIW, my friend had been extremely reluctant to get that hip done and toughed it out for years before finally caving in and getting it done... and he said after the fact he wished he'd done it ten years earlier instead of suffering through and it was the best thing he'd ever done for himself. He was happy as hell with the results.

That's not to say that I haven't heard bad stories about replacement, too.... I think we all have. But they've come a long way in that field.

Gunny
10-22-2014, 07:14 AM
I think we can all agree that Stock is best... but we don't all get that option after a few decades of abuse.

FWIW, my friend had been extremely reluctant to get that hip done and toughed it out for years before finally caving in and getting it done... and he said after the fact he wished he'd done it ten years earlier instead of suffering through and it was the best thing he'd ever done for himself. He was happy as hell with the results.

That's not to say that I haven't heard bad stories about replacement, too.... I think we all have. But they've come a long way in that field.

Navy. Doctors. Mengele would be proud.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-22-2014, 08:30 AM

My ex-wife's dad had one and his came out as smashing success.