PDA

View Full Version : The Most Evil Men in History

revelarts
10-21-2014, 10:17 AM
The Most Evil Men in History
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/most-evil-men-in-history/
Documentary
http://cdn.tdfimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/most-evil-men-in-history.jpg

This series of programmes consists of episodes which profile evil men throughout history who have used their power to torture, kill, maim and eradicate millions of people.

Attila The Hun.
Attila was Khan of the Huns. He is remembered as the epitome of cruelty and rapacity.

Bad King John.
He murdered his nephew, inspired the legend of Robin Hood and caused the creation of Magna Carta.

Caligula.
The Roman emperor's reign is a legendary frenzy of lunacy, murder, and perverse sexuality.

Francisco Pizarro.
Francisco Pizarro was one of the European explorers who went to South America to colonize it and had natives murdered so he could plunder their gold and silver.

Hitler.
Adolf Hitler tried to mold Germany and a large portion of the 20th century into his own twisted design. Luckily for posterity he failed but not before destroying the lives of millions of people.

Idi Amin.
Idi Amin rose to become a brutal and utterly ruthless dictator who committed atrocities on his people.

Ivan the Terrible.
Ivan IV of Russia, also know as Ivan the Terrible, was the Grand Duke of Muscovy from 1533 to 1547 and was the first ruler of Russia to assume the title of Tsar. He was also a devout theist.

Joseph Stalin.
Perhaps 7 million or more people were shot with a total suppression of about 50 million under uncle Joe Stalin. One of the great tyrant's of the 20th century and indeed any century.

Nero.
He brought the entire Roman Empire to the brink of collapse with his legendary excesses and cruelty.

Pol Pot.
Responsible for the Killing Fields and Year Zero Pol Pot waged a gruesome war on his own population.

Rasputin.
He was an uneducated peasant who gained a reputation as a faith healer. His strange behavior and incredible influence over the imperial family made him notorious and his death made him a legend.

Torquemada.
Torquemada tortured and burned thousands of innocent Spaniards and expelled Spains Jewish population. Thomas De Torquemada was head of the Spanish inquisition and was renowned for his cruelty.

Vlad the Impaler.
Vlad is best known for the legends of the exceedingly cruel punishments he imposed during his reign and for serving as the primary inspiration for the vampire main character in popular Dracula novel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB814F89F9B4F1156&feature=player_embedded&v=rVspjo22a5Y

NightTrain
10-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Does Rasputin really qualify? He was weird and almost certainly a fraud, but I don't know if that made him evil. Much of what we know about him was 2nd or 3rd hand.

Thunderknuckles
10-21-2014, 12:24 PM
Now that's a good list of bad leaders although I agree with the anomaly of Rasputin. He doesn't belong.

fj1200
10-21-2014, 12:58 PM

Sucky list is sucky. No BO? :slap:

stevecanuck
10-21-2014, 01:03 PM
You left out numero uno. Mohamed. He created a 'religion' based on Muslim superiority that has been killing people for 1400 years. And counting.

gabosaurus
10-21-2014, 04:39 PM
You left out numero uno. Mohamed. He created a 'religion' based on Muslim superiority that has been killing people for 1400 years. And counting.

:rolleyes:

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/492012211119fsgdf.gif

aboutime
10-21-2014, 05:17 PM
:rolleyes:

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/492012211119fsgdf.gif

So, gabby. You are now telling us. The man in the image is Talking about You? Honesty pays.

hjmick
10-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Sucky list is sucky. No BO? :slap:

Obama evil? Not even on my scale, and I'm no fan...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-21-2014, 05:54 PM

Islam has murdered an estimated from low to high , 240 to 270 million people in its 1400+ year history and correct--still counting..

So that rates the child molesting Mohamboy as number one..--Tyr

Drummond
10-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Islam has murdered an estimated from low to high , 240 to 270 million people in its 1400+ year history and correct--still counting..

So that rates the child molesting Mohamboy as number one..--Tyr

Staggering, isn't it, to think that with such a reality easily researchable, easily discerned as true to this day from the daily accounts of the barbarism committed on behalf of that creed, that there are those STILL willfully blind to it all.

Cue some Leftie or other to argue for their 'human rights' .. ???

fj1200
10-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Damn lefties.

Recently, especially in Asia, some governments have urged that the standards of Human Rights laid down in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights attached to the UN Charter, are Western and therefore not suitable for Asia and parts of the Third World whose cultures and circumstances are different. But the dispositions of human nature are the same everywhere—the affection of mother for child, the wish to do better for the family, the desire of the child to please, the recognition of courage and heroism, and the suffering and torture are felt the same by all human beings. Further, I have no difficulty in accepting the view that human nature is naturally endowed with a moral sense and a disposition (albeit if sometimes fragile) to make moral judgements. It's not only Western man who is created in God's image.

aboutime
10-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Staggering, isn't it, to think that with such a reality easily researchable, easily discerned as true to this day from the daily accounts of the barbarism committed on behalf of that creed, that there are those STILL willfully blind to it all.

Cue some Leftie or other to argue for their 'human rights' .. ???

Sir Drummond. We should all be well beyond wonderment over such consistently denied facts from the left. Proving once again. "You really can't fix stupid".

And there's no way to convince the stupid anything will ever change in their favor.

Jeff
10-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Obama evil? Not even on my scale, and I'm no fan...

He isn't smart enough to be evil, some of the things he may do may come off as evil but he isn't even realizing what he does :laugh:

Gunny
10-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Now that's a good list of bad leaders although I agree with the anomaly of Rasputin. He doesn't belong.

Could easily replace him with Caligula.

The list is very subjective.

Kathianne
10-21-2014, 11:27 PM
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/most-evil-men-in-history/
Documentary
http://cdn.tdfimg.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/most-evil-men-in-history.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLB814F89F9B4F1156&feature=player_embedded&v=rVspjo22a5Y

Took a 400 level course on 'evil in history' renamed by class as the 'Satan Studies.' 3 of the 4 are named above, Satan was missing from what I've perused.

Beezlebub, Caligula, Hitler, Stalin are the standard for evil in our lives. There may well be lessers, but the masters are always there, named or not.

SassyLady
10-21-2014, 11:49 PM
What is the difference between list of evil men and evil women? The number of deaths attributed to them? I'll bet the most evil woman isn't even close to being responsible for as many deaths as the least evil man on the list.

Thunderknuckles
10-22-2014, 10:47 AM
What is the difference between list of evil men and evil women? The number of deaths attributed to them? I'll bet the most evil woman isn't even close to being responsible for as many deaths as the least evil man on the list.
True. But then history has been male dominated. Women just haven't had the same opportunity to really screw things up :)

Gunny
10-22-2014, 11:22 AM

Yes. Body count rules. Don't you read the board?

Everyone who's never killed anyone is all about killing everyone. ;)

revelarts
10-22-2014, 12:03 PM

your right it's not even close. Men are more violent than woman by far generally. But not necessarily any meaner.
but the comment about opportunity is correct.

One of the arguments for woman's suffrage was that woman are more peaceful and if women got the vote there'd be LESS war and violence.
Well that promise didn't work out to well.

And I have to say some of the people i've talked to who have been the most settled on the casual use of torture and Draconian gov'tl searches and the like are women concerned about their safety. Some women seem to agree to it on an emotional level. The right or wrong of it is trumped by the safety issue for some.
Men seem more committed to torture etc. out of a sense of justi...that is revenge, partisan politics and a mis-perceived pragmatism.

revelarts
10-22-2014, 12:12 PM
True. But then history has been male dominated. Women just haven't had the same opportunity to really screw things up :)

There's a Joke about the 1st woman president.
Ladies it's not flattering I apologize ahead of time.

The President of Russia gets a call from his generals saying that the US has launched several Nukes and they will arrive in 10 minutes destroying the gulag and other Russian areas.
The president of Russia is completely confused and shocked and thinks it must be some horrible mistake.
He gets to the red phone and calls the President.
Russian President: Madam President, What's going on?! why have you attacked us? What did we do?
Madam President: Oh, I think you know exactly what you did!

hjmick
10-22-2014, 05:19 PM

All women are evil...

...ducks...

Gunny
10-22-2014, 05:23 PM
All women are evil...

<ducks>

Amen, brother. Some more than others.

</ducks>

NightTrain
10-22-2014, 06:02 PM

Disagree!

Rasputin didn't kill anyone that I'm aware of.

NightTrain
10-22-2014, 06:14 PM
All women are evil...

...ducks...

DISCLAIMER : Excludes SassyLady, Abbey, Kathianne, Trigg, Stephanie, Shadow, Pixiestix, DLT, NT's Girl, GrannyHawkins, Perianne, Gabosaurus, and all other women posters at DP.

This is a public service disclaimer to save HJ from a serious ass kicking even though he deserves it.

hjmick
10-22-2014, 06:15 PM
DISCLAIMER : Excludes SassyLady, Abbey, Kathianne, Trigg, Stephanie, Shadow, Pixiestix, DLT, NT's Girl, GrannyHawkins, Perianne, Gabosaurus, and all other women posters at DP.

This is a public service disclaimer to save HJ from a serious ass kicking even though he deserves it.

And my wife...

Gunny
10-22-2014, 08:48 PM
And my wife...

I was thinking about saying something but I get in enough damned trouble on my own. No assistance required.

You're on your own. :)

Shadow
10-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Could easily replace him with Caligula.

The list is very subjective.
Was it Caligula or Nero that used to throw young boys off cliffs after he was done molesting them repeatedly?

Gunny
10-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Was it Caligula or Nero that used to throw young boys off cliffs after he was done molesting them repeatedly?

Yes. Nero, actually.

I'm offended I'm not #1. Guess I need to try harder.

Shadow
10-22-2014, 09:44 PM
Yes. Nero, actually.

I'm offended I'm not #1. Guess I need to try harder.
Was he also the one that would throw his dinner guests into a pool of eels when he got angry? Cuz he was definately insane.

SassyLady
10-23-2014, 12:46 AM
All women are evil...

...ducks...

:doofus:

:believecrap:

SassyLady
10-23-2014, 12:47 AM

Too late!

Women can wait an eternity to get revenge and he won't even see it coming. I promise.

SassyLady
10-23-2014, 12:48 AM
There's a Joke about the 1st woman president.
Ladies it's not flattering I apologize ahead of time.

The President of Russia gets a call from his generals saying that the US has launched several Nukes and they will arrive in 10 minutes destroying the gulag and other Russian areas.
The president of Russia is completely confused and shocked and thinks it must be some horrible mistake.
He gets to the red phone and calls the President.
Russian President: Madam President, What's going on?! why have you attacked us? What did we do?
Madam President: Oh, I think you know exactly what you did!

Sounds reasonable. She didn't need "A" reason .... he's already trying to decide "which" thing he did because he knows he did something. He might even confess to something she didn't even know about and then she is doubly justified!!

:coffee:

SassyLady
10-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Speaking of evil women ... Rev's joke reminded me of a boss I had a few years ago. She was CEO and a retired cop. She used intimidation as her management style. She would go around the office and sit down next to you and do some small talk and then out of the blue would say "so, why did you do it?" in an attempt to get people to confess to something.

As the new kid on the block I was given a heads up that she was doing the rounds and chatting. When she sat down I knew what was coming. When she asked "why did you do it"? I said "because I wanted to". She had a momentary blank look and I said "and I would do it again if given the opportunity ... in fact, I quite enjoyed doing it. Perhaps next time I'll ask you to join me."

Of course, she didn't want to admit she had no idea what I was talking about so she said "I'm glad you enjoyed it". Needless to say I was on her hit list after that. We had a couple of head-to-head battles in her office and after I quit we even had to have lawyers iron some things out.

She was a sneaky bitch. I had signed a contract for a non compete. Fortunately for me, her assistant left something out of the one that we signed that had been in the draft that we both had reviewed. She tried to get the court to admit the draft as evidence of intent ... however, both of our initials were on every page of the final copy .... thank goodness for inept assistants.

Kathianne
10-29-2014, 01:58 AM

LOL! This post was an admission to the wrath of women. LOL!

tailfins
11-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Speaking of evil women ... Rev's joke reminded me of a boss I had a few years ago. She was CEO and a retired cop. She used intimidation as her management style. She would go around the office and sit down next to you and do some small talk and then out of the blue would say "so, why did you do it?" in an attempt to get people to confess to something.

As the new kid on the block I was given a heads up that she was doing the rounds and chatting. When she sat down I knew what was coming. When she asked "why did you do it"? I said "because I wanted to". She had a momentary blank look and I said "and I would do it again if given the opportunity ... in fact, I quite enjoyed doing it. Perhaps next time I'll ask you to join me."

Of course, she didn't want to admit she had no idea what I was talking about so she said "I'm glad you enjoyed it". Needless to say I was on her hit list after that. We had a couple of head-to-head battles in her office and after I quit we even had to have lawyers iron some things out.

She was a sneaky bitch. I had signed a contract for a non compete. Fortunately for me, her assistant left something out of the one that we signed that had been in the draft that we both had reviewed. She tried to get the court to admit the draft as evidence of intent ... however, both of our initials were on every page of the final copy .... thank goodness for inept assistants.

As an Aspie, I drive people like that nuts. I would have opened a copy of Visio, attempting to flowchart whatever decision she was talking about. I would have then said "Let's carefully examine the action whose decision process you're interested in. Let's document each stage so that no detail is left unrepresented." However, things would have never gotten that far. I carefully read everything I sign. In fact in my current gig, they had to modify the non-compete or it was "no deal, find somebody else".

In which industry was your non-compete?

NT'sGirl
11-11-2014, 01:10 PM

What I'd like to know is why Sassy is in the number one slot?

gabosaurus
11-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Too late!

Women can wait an eternity to get revenge and he won't even see it coming. I promise.

This is very true. :dev3:

http://i.imgur.com/LDhkp.gif

tailfins
11-11-2014, 02:50 PM
This is very true. :dev3:

http://i.imgur.com/LDhkp.gif

That's why I say expect that from "liberated" women from the get-go. I don't think of anything I might have done, I tag people like that (mostly women, but some men) as assholes and avoid leaving an opening. It's amusing to hear people like that ask why they are left out of the loop or why their stuff gets fixed last if at all. If I do little or no work for you, there is less for you to criticize.

SassyLady
11-12-2014, 08:47 PM
As an Aspie, I drive people like that nuts. I would have opened a copy of Visio, attempting to flowchart whatever decision she was talking about. I would have then said "Let's carefully examine the action whose decision process you're interested in. Let's document each stage so that no detail is left unrepresented." However, things would have never gotten that far. I carefully read everything I sign. In fact in my current gig, they had to modify the non-compete or it was "no deal, find somebody else".

In which industry was your non-compete?

Small business consulting ... not really a non-compete. I basically purchased the client list I was working with when I left the company and paid them a percentage of my monthly consulting fees. However, the part she thought went into the contract, but thankfully got left out, was to turn over an additional 25% of any fees received from any client that was a referral from the client list I had purchased. It was not in the original contract we signed ... if it had been I would not have signed it.

I think it was part of any subsequent contact that was signed by the next wave of employees leaving and she thought it was in mine.

SassyLady
11-12-2014, 08:49 PM
What I'd like to know is why Sassy is in the number one slot?

I wish it was as exciting as it sounds cause your guy is super hot ... but, it's just a case of respecting his elders and because I'm the eldest ... I'm first.

:believecrap:

SassyLady
11-12-2014, 08:52 PM
That's why I say expect that from "liberated" women from the get-go. I don't think of anything I might have done, I tag people like that (mostly women, but some men) as assholes and avoid leaving an opening. It's amusing to hear people like that ask why they are left out of the loop or why their stuff gets fixed last if at all. If I do little or no work for you, there is less for you to criticize.

Why not just do things right to begin with ... regardless of whether it is male/female; liberal/conservative; black/white .... and then you wouldn't have to "tag" people as assholes.