View Full Version : Need some opinions on halloween movies

Shadow
10-22-2014, 05:55 AM
I am making movie night treat bags for halloween. I need advice on good halloween movies more scary than gory And others that are kid friendly. Let me know your thoughts.

Gunny
10-22-2014, 07:17 AM
I am making movie night treat bags for halloween. I need advice on good halloween movies more scary than gory And others that are kid friendly. Let me know your thoughts.

You know my take. Old-school, black and white Universal flics from the 20's and 30's. :)

NightTrain
10-22-2014, 07:22 AM
"Ernest Scared Stupid" is a good kid's Halloween movie.

Shadow
10-22-2014, 07:25 AM
"Earnest Scared Stupid" is a good kid's Halloween movie.
Wow. Talk about a blast from the past. I had forgotten about Ernest. I loved the commercials he did for one of our local hamburger joints. I will have to check into that movie. Thanks

Shadow
10-22-2014, 07:27 AM
You know my take. Old-school, black and white Universal flics from the 20's and 30's. :)
Yep already ordered a few that you suggested too. Hopefully I can make myself give them away instead of keeping them for myself.

Gunny
10-22-2014, 07:33 AM
Yep already ordered a few that you suggested too. Hopefully I can make myself give them away instead of keeping them for myself.

Ummmm ... I'll watch them.

Shadow
10-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Ummmm ... I'll watch them.
I have three in particular that we can watch together. Of the black and white movies and classic old films I ordered. The Hunchback,The Mummy,Phantom Of The Opera and Dracula. Now I just need some more kid friendly and more modern type thrillers.

by the way... I remembered one I watched as a kid . Creature Of The Black Lagoon. Got that one?

Gunny
10-22-2014, 11:38 AM
I have three in particular that we can watch together. Of the black and white movies and classic old films I ordered. The Hunchback,The Mummy,Phantom Of The Opera and Dracula. Now I just need some more kid friendly and more modern type thrillers.

by the way... I remembered one I watched as a kid . Creature Of The Black Lagoon. Got that one?

I have all the movies in the first list. I do not have the Creature of the Black Lagoon. But you KNOW I can recite the movie history. That was a 50's flick. I have mostly 20's and 30's.

Shadow
10-22-2014, 12:15 PM
I have all the movies in the first list. I do not have the Creature of the Black Lagoon. But you KNOW I can recite the movie history. That was a 50's flick. I have mostly 20's and 30's.
Cool movie trivia. So what's the one with Vincent Price where he captures people in his castle and tortures them. I saw that as a kid too and was traumatized. LOL

Gunny
10-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Cool movie trivia. So what's the one with Vincent Price where he captures people in his castle and tortures them. I saw that as a kid too and was traumatized. LOL

The Pit and the Pendulum.

hjmick
10-22-2014, 05:25 PM
Shadow of the Vampire (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0189998/?ref_=nv_sr_4)

The original Evil Dead

Shadow
10-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Shadow of the Vampire (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0189998/?ref_=nv_sr_4)

The original Evil Dead
I was reading up on Shadow Of The Vampire. Very good choice. I have someone in mind for this one.

Thanks!

Gunny
10-22-2014, 08:40 PM
I was reading up on Shadow Of The Vampire. Very good choice. I have someone in mind for this one.

Thanks!

I'm thinking "Hulk". Good movie.

Shadow
10-22-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm thinking "Hulk". Good movie.
Which one? Cuz I have the one with Edward Norton.

Gunny
10-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Which one? Cuz I have the one with Edward Norton.

That one. Nice temperment when you piss him the f*ck off. Right?

:)

Shadow
10-22-2014, 08:50 PM
That one. Nice temperment when you piss him the f*ck off. Right?

:)
Yes. LOL

And while we are on the subject of superheroes. I also just ordered Captain America : Winter Soldier ...for myself. We can watch that also. :)

Gunny
10-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Yes. LOL

And while we are on the subject of superheroes. I also just ordered Captain America : Winter Soldier ...for myself. We can watch that also. :)

You trying to calm me down, princess?