PDA

View Full Version : More Acid attacks on women by muslims!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-22-2014, 09:17 AM
http://twocircles.net/2014oct20/1413823901.html#.VEe671ItCic

Iranian cleric tones down warning to women following acid attacks
Submitted by IANS on 20 October 2014 - 10:21pm

By Artemis Razmipour,

Tehran : A prominent cleric in Isfahan, Mohamad Tagui Rahbar, said Monday that when he recently issued a warning to improperly veiled women he meant to do it with words, not with acid, following several attacks that have disfigured women in the central Iranian city.

"I did not say the warning had to go beyond language," Etemad newspaper Monday quoted Rahbar as saying.

Rahbar condemned the attacks staged by unknown attackers in recent days who threw acid on the faces of women driving cars.

These acts are not acceptable "under the law or the Sharia (Islamic law)", the cleric added. "Even if a woman goes out with the worst possible dress, this should not be her punishment."

"My daughter was very pretty and well dressed. Her dress was not inappropriate," a woman called Zahra told Efe news agency over telephone.

She is the mother of a victim, Soheila Yourkesh, who has totally lost sight in one eye and 70 percent of vision in the other.

Naser, the father of another girl, said his 27-year-old daughter had undergone surgery at Tehran's Motahari hospital four days ago because "the burns were very deep and layers of her damaged skin had to be removed".

The girl was attacked with acid while driving her car. "Two boys on a motorcycle stood beside her vehicle and threw a large acid-filled bowl through the window," Naser said, adding he did not know the motive behind the attack.

The young woman, a graduate student in computer science and law, suffered burns on "the forehead, eyes, ear, shoulder, left arm, and thighs".

Several MPs have condemned the attacks, including Mansuri Abasali Arani, who said any attempt to link the issue to the dress code would be a akin to the actions by extremists of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq and Syria, "which is something terrible and only shows a violent image of Islam".

Arani called for an investigation into the cases and said "foreign intelligence services and the Zionists (referring to Israel)" could be involved in "this malicious phenomenon".

"Of course our Basiyi (Islamic volunteers) and our supporters of Hezbollah would not do such a thing," said another legislator, Ahmad Bajshayesh Ardestani,

Fariba, a 42-year-old woman who lives in Isfahan, told Efe that since the attacks she tries not to leave her house.

"But sometimes there is no other option. I have to leave the house to go shopping, but when I go out my body starts to shake with fear," she explains.

Fateme, 26, said she and her friends do not lower the windows anymore when they drive.

And here in the last of the article is the big lie..
Those groups are not radical, they are main stream solid Islamist teachings. --Tyr

Radical groups have repeatedly called on authorities to enforce women's Islamic dress code more rigorously.

News:
Muslim World News

PixieStix
10-22-2014, 12:02 PM
The people of Iran have a network of people who are using technology to try to bring change. They want to be free. Free from Islamic rule, that has ruled Iranian lives

They have fought and died for this for many years. This is why I have a special place in my heart for the Iranian people

The following video shows how much they want their freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMxFa6-6gJ4

A good read about the women of Iran and their fight against the tyranny, that has so long enslaved them

Rage Against the Veil: The Courageous Life and Death of an Islamic Dissident Parvin Darabi

On February 21, 1994, a gesticulating and screaming woman entered a crowded public square in Tehran, removed her government-mandated veil and full coat, poured gasoline on her body and lit herself on fire. The crowd watched in horror as this woman, who had shouted, "Death to tyranny! Long live freedom!", committed a slow, painful suicide in a last, desperate attempt to make the world aware of the slave like conditions of women living in Iran.

Gunny
10-22-2014, 12:06 PM
We should kill all the Muslims. And Democrats. And anyone else we don't agree with.

That means pretty-much the rest of you are f*cking dead, huh?

PixieStix
10-22-2014, 12:11 PM
No, Gunny. We should support the people of Iran the best we can either individually or at least with prayer.

They are humans just like us, the difference is that they are living under islamic religious rule. They too are considered muslims, and they are being harmed by islam

Gunny
10-22-2014, 12:36 PM
No, Gunny. We should support the people of Iran the best we can either individually or at least with prayer.

They are humans just like us, the difference is that they are living under islamic religious rule. They too are considered muslims, and they are being harmed by islam

The people of Iran don't want our support. They are human, but their culture is completely different. YOU of all people should know THAT.

Why don't you worry about the people being harmed by our government in our country instead of minding someone else's business?

We don't even have a culture anymore and people like you live in yester-year. Let's tell others how to live.

It's worked like a charm, right? Oh yeah, we've failed each and every time. My bad.

PixieStix
10-22-2014, 12:38 PM
The people of Iran don't want our support. .

Yes they do. The people of Iran are not the same as the government of Iran

Gunny
10-22-2014, 12:43 PM
Yes they do. The people of Iran are not the same as the government of Iran

NO, they don't. When you Westernized people get THAT through your thick skulls, we might get somewhere.

red state
10-22-2014, 01:04 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPFP_XazE5U&list=PL9BgEBuU6_F8fIEvV5nDcSqRhsv0bqz8r

Cherokee Chief during War Between the States (played by actor Chief Dan George) talking to Jose Wales about the White Man, the Trail of Tears and the "treaty" that left the Cherokee only one option: Endeavoring to Persevere

Other fantastic quoted from this particular frame of the film:

"....I didn’t surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet. (http://www.moviequoter.com/quote/the-outlaw-josey-wales/i-didnt-surrender-but-they-took-my-horse-and-made-him-surrender-they-have-him-pulling-a-wagon-up-in-kansas-i-bet/)"

ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE!!!!!

46:15 When we finished, he shook our hands...
00:46:18 ...and said...
00:46:20 ..."Endeavor to persevere."
00:46:23 They stood us in a line.

00:46:36 They took our pictures.
00:46:39 And the newspaper said...
00:46:41 ..." Indians Vow to Endeavor to Persevere."
00:46:46 We thought about it for a long time.
00:46:49 "Endeavor to persevere."

We thought about it for a long time, “Endeavor to persevere.” And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

I’m an Indian, all right; but here in the nation they call us the civilized tribe. They call us civilized because we’re easy to sneak up on. White men have been sneaking up on us for years. (http://www.moviequoter.com/quote/the-outlaw-josey-wales/im-an-indian-all-right-but-here-in-the-nation-they-call-us-the-civilized-tribe-they-call-us-civilized-because-were-easy-to-sneak-up-on-white-men-have-been-sneaking-up-on-us-for-years/)

revelarts
10-22-2014, 01:13 PM
Many Iranians do want at least the moral back-up.
Some have left Iran to come to the U.S. so they don't have to deal with the BS Islamic dictatorship of their birth country.
Others simply appreciate the freedoms we talk about in the west and like parts of the model in the constitution and want to apply parts in Iran one day maybe. It's an unlikely dream but so was the idea of overthrowing the Shaw.
I wonder what Iran would be like today if the U.S. hadn't taken out Mosaddeq after his democratic election in Iran in t he 50s. He was secular and had popular support. It's not crazy to think that even many Iranians want some form of democracy as well.

red state
10-22-2014, 02:41 PM
Many Iranians do want at least the moral back-up.
Some have left Iran to come to the U.S. so they don't have to deal with the BS Islamic dictatorship of their birth country.
Others simply appreciate the freedoms we talk about in the west and like parts of the model in the constitution and want to apply parts in Iran one day maybe. It's an unlikely dream but so was the idea of overthrowing the Shaw.
I wonder what Iran would be like today if the U.S. hadn't taken out Mosaddeq after his democratic election in Iran in t he 50s. He was secular and had popular support. It's not crazy to think that even many Iranians want some form of democracy as well.

Thanks, REV! That's MUCH better!!!!!!

red state
10-22-2014, 02:45 PM
As many Iranians have lost their lives (without B.O. even lifting a finger to help them) they must ENDEAVOR TO PERSEVERE as we on this board must endeavor to persevere. Does anyone really wish to deny that MANY in Iran and other such places don't want all that WE enjoy and take for granted after they have risked ALL to vote or physically step in front of a tank or bullet?! That is pure ignorance of facts.....which is why I am presenting the facts. Got it?!

red state
10-22-2014, 02:47 PM
What is sad is the fact that WOMEN (here and there) are the one's bold enough to make CHANGE. The women here risk public mockery (running for office) and the women there risk FINGER, limb or HEAD just to VOTE or go to school.

DLT
10-22-2014, 03:17 PM
Iranian cleric tones down warning to women following acid attacks
Submitted by IANS on 20 October 2014 - 10:21pm

By Artemis Razmipour,

Tehran : A prominent cleric in Isfahan, Mohamad Tagui Rahbar, said Monday that when he recently issued a warning to improperly veiled women he meant to do it with words, not with acid, following several attacks that have disfigured women in the central Iranian city.

"I did not say the warning had to go beyond language," Etemad newspaper Monday quoted Rahbar as saying.

Rahbar condemned the attacks staged by unknown attackers in recent days who threw acid on the faces of women driving cars.

These acts are not acceptable "under the law or the Sharia (Islamic law)", the cleric added. "Even if a woman goes out with the worst possible dress, this should not be her punishment."

"My daughter was very pretty and well dressed. Her dress was not inappropriate," a woman called Zahra told Efe news agency over telephone.

She is the mother of a victim, Soheila Yourkesh, who has totally lost sight in one eye and 70 percent of vision in the other.

Naser, the father of another girl, said his 27-year-old daughter had undergone surgery at Tehran's Motahari hospital four days ago because "the burns were very deep and layers of her damaged skin had to be removed".

The girl was attacked with acid while driving her car. "Two boys on a motorcycle stood beside her vehicle and threw a large acid-filled bowl through the window," Naser said, adding he did not know the motive behind the attack.

The young woman, a graduate student in computer science and law, suffered burns on "the forehead, eyes, ear, shoulder, left arm, and thighs".

Several MPs have condemned the attacks, including Mansuri Abasali Arani, who said any attempt to link the issue to the dress code would be a akin to the actions by extremists of the Islamic State (IS) in Iraq and Syria, "which is something terrible and only shows a violent image of Islam".

Arani called for an investigation into the cases and said "foreign intelligence services and the Zionists (referring to Israel)" could be involved in "this malicious phenomenon".

"Of course our Basiyi (Islamic volunteers) and our supporters of Hezbollah would not do such a thing," said another legislator, Ahmad Bajshayesh Ardestani,

Fariba, a 42-year-old woman who lives in Isfahan, told Efe that since the attacks she tries not to leave her house.

"But sometimes there is no other option. I have to leave the house to go shopping, but when I go out my body starts to shake with fear," she explains.

Fateme, 26, said she and her friends do not lower the windows anymore when they drive.

And here in the last of the article is the big lie..
Those groups are not radical, they are main stream solid Islamist teachings. --Tyr

Uh....if I were a Muslim woman in a country where driving was considered evil or against their religion...

I think I would drive with the windows up. :dunno: