PDA

View Full Version : IL - Verified: Voting machine switches votes for Republicans into votes for Democrats

Little-Acorn
10-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Yep, things are working according to plan in Obama's home county in Illinois.

A state politician (a Republican) went to vote, and when he voted for himself in his own race, the machine switched the vote to a Democrat in the same race. The politician tried it again, and the same thing happened. Then it happened a bunch more times when he voted for other Republican candidates in other races on the same ballot.

Voting officials checked the machine, and verified that it was indeed switching votes to Democrats.

The proffered excuse? It was a "calibration error". And apparently that was the only machine (out of hundreds) that they checked. There is no mention of any other machines being taken out of service or checked for this or other "errors". No indication of how many other people could have voted on this same machine and had the same thing happen to them, perhaps unnoticed. And no indication if any other machines were checked for the same problem - apparently voting on all other machines went on without anyone bothering to check.

Weren't all the voting machines built and "calibrated" by the same people?

BTW, what "calibration" do voting machines need, anyway? You click or tap next to the name you want, and the machine submits that name. Is there any thing else they are even remotely capable of doing??? Unless somebody has carefully altered the machine to switch votes to another candidate?

It's almost like firing a rifle at a target in front of you, and a guy standing behind you drops dead of a gunshot wound, when you were the only person firing on that range. And then the range safety officer comes up, checks the gun, and says, "Yep, your sights are a little off. It was a calibration error".

Do those Democrats actually expect normal people to believe the "calibration error" excuse???

This is a new low.

I hope.

----------------------------------------------------

‘Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county

Published October 22, 2014

CHICAGO — Early voting in Illinois got off to a rocky start Monday, as votes being cast for Republican candidates were transformed into votes for Democrats.

Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library.

“I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” Moynihan said. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.”

The conservative website Illinois Review reported that “While using a touch screen voting machine in Schaumburg, Moynihan voted for several races on the ballot, only to find that whenever he voted for a Republican candidate, the machine registered the vote for a Democrat in the same race. He notified the election judge at his polling place and demonstrated that it continued to cast a vote for the opposing candidate’s party. Moynihan was eventually allowed to vote for Republican candidates, including his own race.

Moynihan offered this gracious lesson to his followers on Twitter: “Be careful when you vote in Illinois. Make sure you take the time to check your votes before submitting.”

Cook County Board of Elections Deputy Communications Director Jim Scalzitti, told Illinois Watchdog, the machine was taken out of service and tested.

“This was a calibration error of the touch-screen on the machine,” Scalzitti said. “When Mr. Moynihan used the touch-screen, it improperly assigned his votes due to improper calibration.”

Stiletto
10-23-2014, 12:47 AM
I started a thread about this very topic at the same time you did! :laugh:

Mine is linked here: http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?47241-Alleged-quot-Calibration-Error-quot-Changes-GOP-Votes-to-Democrat-in-IL

Right there with ya, though. That was no "error," calibrating or otherwise. It was deliberate, and I don't doubt for a minute that this same scenario is set to take place all over the country.

I swear, there is no depth too low, no move too slimy or despicable that the Progressive Leftists will sink to and/or resort to in order to get what they want.

Little-Acorn
10-23-2014, 12:57 AM
Wasn't it Josef Stalin who said, "Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything." ?

Sounds like his pupils in this country have learned their lessons well, at the feet of the master.

DLT
10-23-2014, 01:00 AM
Yep, things are working according to plan in Obama's home county in Illinois.

A state politician (a Republican) went to vote, and when he voted for himself in his own race, the machine switched the vote to a Democrat in the same race. The politician tried it again, and the same thing happened. Then it happened a bunch more times when he voted for other Republican candidates in other races on the same ballot.

Voting officials checked the machine, and verified that it was indeed switching votes to Democrats.

The proffered excuse? It was a "calibration error". And apparently that was the only machine (out of hundreds) that they checked. There is no mention of any other machines being taken out of service or checked for this or other "errors". No indication of how many other people could have voted on this same machine and had the same thing happen to them, perhaps unnoticed. And no indication if any other machines were checked for the same problem - apparently voting on all other machines went on without anyone bothering to check.

Weren't all the voting machines built and "calibrated" by the same people?

BTW, what "calibration" do voting machines need, anyway? You click or tap next to the name you want, and the machine submits that name. Is there any thing else they are even remotely capable of doing??? Unless somebody has carefully altered the machine to switch votes to another candidate?

It's almost like firing a rifle at a target in front of you, and a guy standing behind you drops dead of a gunshot wound, when you were the only person firing on that range. And then the range safety officer comes up, checks the gun, and says, "Yep, your sights are a little off. It was a calibration error".

Do those Democrats actually expect normal people to believe the "calibration error" excuse???

This is a new low.

I hope.

----------------------------------------------------

‘Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county

Published October 22, 2014

CHICAGO — Early voting in Illinois got off to a rocky start Monday, as votes being cast for Republican candidates were transformed into votes for Democrats.

Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library.

“I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” Moynihan said. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.”

The conservative website Illinois Review reported that “While using a touch screen voting machine in Schaumburg, Moynihan voted for several races on the ballot, only to find that whenever he voted for a Republican candidate, the machine registered the vote for a Democrat in the same race. He notified the election judge at his polling place and demonstrated that it continued to cast a vote for the opposing candidate’s party. Moynihan was eventually allowed to vote for Republican candidates, including his own race.

Moynihan offered this gracious lesson to his followers on Twitter: “Be careful when you vote in Illinois. Make sure you take the time to check your votes before submitting.”

Cook County Board of Elections Deputy Communications Director Jim Scalzitti, told Illinois Watchdog, the machine was taken out of service and tested.

“This was a calibration error of the touch-screen on the machine,” Scalzitti said. “When Mr. Moynihan used the touch-screen, it improperly assigned his votes due to improper calibration.”

And let's not forget about that "early voting in the pews (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/10/22/barack_hussein_o_to_reverend_al_voter_id_laws_don_ t_prevent_our_folks_from_voting)" in black churches crap that is going on already across the nation. Resulting in hundreds (or thousands) of ballots being stuffed that are no doubt all marked for Democrats only.

The Dems are in full-cheat-mode for this election. They're desperate.

Little-Acorn
10-23-2014, 01:24 AM
I started a thread about this very topic at the same time you did! :laugh:

Yep, looks like I squeaked in 3 minutes ahead of you.

Or maybe my clock jumps back ten minutes whenever someone posts the same thing I do. It was made in Illinois, after all.... :thumb:

Stiletto
10-23-2014, 09:48 AM
And let's not forget about that "early voting in the pews (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/10/22/barack_hussein_o_to_reverend_al_voter_id_laws_don_ t_prevent_our_folks_from_voting)" in black churches crap that is going on already across the nation. Resulting in hundreds (or thousands) of ballots being stuffed that are no doubt all marked for Democrats only.

The Dems are in full-cheat-mode for this election. They're desperate.

It goes right with their mantra -- "Vote Cheat early. Vote Cheat often. Vote Democrat Corrupticrat."