PDA

View Full Version : NC grandfather shoots home invaders, protects granddaughter from being raped

grannyhawkins
10-25-2014, 04:29 PM
NC grandfather shoots home invaders, protects granddaughter from being raped
http://myfox8.com/2014/10/25/nc-grandfather-shoots-home-invaders-protects-granddaughter-from-being-raped/

http://localtvwghp.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/untitled-317.jpg?w=400&h=225&crop=1

grannyhawkins
10-25-2014, 04:29 PM
Just because the combination of lousy parenting and prescription pharma's makes the headlines every other week, with school shootings, this is why we have guns in our homes!!!

When seconds count, help is only minutes away!!!

red state
10-25-2014, 07:10 PM
Just because the combination of lousy parenting and prescription pharma's makes the headlines every other week, with school shootings, this is why we have guns in our homes!!!When seconds count, help is only minutes away!!!

Granny, try telling that 'help is minutes away when seconds count' stuff to folks in New Orleans.......It is documented that cops purposefully avoid "HOT ZONES" until all the 'excitement' has died down (excuse the paronomasia). Yeah, not only that but during Katrina, they literally confiscated those with "security" and left them to be raped, robbed and murdered!!!! Remember the Alamo but NEVER forget Ruby Ridge or what happened during Katrina. I'm not arguing with you, Granny, and as you well know, those minutes can often turn into hours..............and even days.

aboutime
10-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Finally. A good news story with even better results!

We may be old, slow, and tired. But Our Trigger finger's still work...Just fine!

Jeff
10-26-2014, 10:39 AM

We may be old, slow, and tired. But Our Trigger finger's still work...Just fine!

Only thing that would of made it better was if all three assailants where laying dead when the police arrived, and of course if the grandfather didn't get shot.

jimnyc
10-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Only thing that would of made it better was if all three assailants where laying dead when the police arrived, and of course if the grandfather didn't get shot.

Hopefully Grandpa will fully recover and be fine - and take solace knowing that:

Shortly after the home invasion, authorities in Lumberton were notified that two men, 28-year-old Brandon Carver Stephens of Fairmont and 17-year-old Jamar Hawkins of Lumberton, had arrived at McLeod Medical Center in Dillon, South Carolina with gunshot wounds and were also airlifted to another hospital for treatment of their injuries.

They later found a third man, 20-year-old Jamie Lee Faison, dead from an apparent gunshot wound inside Byrd’s stolen vehicle on Singletary Church Road in Lumberton.

Jeff
10-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Hopefully Grandpa will fully recover and be fine - and take solace knowing that:

I seen he had shot all 3 but to seem them dead at the scene would of been great !!! I agree hopefully Grandpa makes 100% recovery

DLT
10-26-2014, 12:17 PM
NC grandfather shoots home invaders, protects granddaughter from being raped
http://myfox8.com/2014/10/25/nc-grandfather-shoots-home-invaders-protects-granddaughter-from-being-raped/

http://localtvwghp.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/untitled-317.jpg?w=400&h=225&crop=1

Hell yeah! At least Byrd nailed one of them. Let's hope that Byrd recovers and that the two scumbags he shot do not. Odds are that if they had not tried to rape the granddaughter, they would all still be alive and would have gotten away with it. That's why you can never assume that scumbags like this will just stop at robbery. Most of the time...they won't.

DLT
10-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Just because the combination of lousy parenting and prescription pharma's makes the headlines every other week, with school shootings, this is why we have guns in our homes!!!

When seconds count, help is only minutes away!!!

I just had a discussion (argument, really) with a conservative friend of mine the other day. She was defending the police, but my observation and comment was that in today's reality, the police are only there for an 'after report' of any life-threatening incident, usually. If someone breaks into your home with intent to harm you, you are on your own and police will only show up later, after it's all over. Oh sure, there are rare instances where police do get there in time....but again....'rarely' does that happen.

DLT
10-26-2014, 12:22 PM

Lol! In fact....that trigger finger may work a little TOO well for old folks! My mom shot a dresser in the next bedroom one night when she thought she heard a burgler. Yikes!

aboutime
10-26-2014, 01:27 PM
Lol! In fact....that trigger finger may work a little TOO well for old folks! My mom shot a dresser in the next bedroom one night when she thought she heard a burgler. Yikes!

:laugh:Bet that dresser never gave her any problems after that?:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2014, 06:57 AM
If I shoot three men in my home attempting harm on me and mine, you can bet your last penny they each got at least three slugs in them and in the right places. They'd all be quite dead.
Pull your gun to execute violence do it swiftly, accurately and with extreme prejudice is motto. -Tyr