PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben

jimnyc
10-27-2014, 08:03 AM
40 out of 49 for 522 yards and 6 touchdowns

But MORE importantly, history was made. Ben is now the first/only QB in NFL history to throw for 500 yards TWICE in his career. They ain't going to the bowl, but I said for a long time that Ben was an "elite" QB and belonged in the discussion, but is usually relegated to being ranked between 12-16 in the league - despite 3 SB appearances and 2 of them wins.

Suck it, haters!! :beer:

gabosaurus
10-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Football observers have been saying this for years. Peyton Manning might have all the records, but where are his Super Bowl rings? The truly elite quarterbacks have championships, not records.

jimnyc
10-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Football observers have been saying this for years. Peyton Manning might have all the records, but where are his Super Bowl rings? The truly elite quarterbacks have championships, not records.

Hey, look at that, you DO say intelligent things once every 5 years or so! :)

While I do think Ben should be rated higher, considered elite, I don't think he is Peyton Manning, and I also think Peyton gets a ring this year. And also, fwiw, he has one already from a SB win a few years back over the Bears. But he doesn't have 2, like Ben does, yet, nor does he have 2 500 yard games in his career! :)

gabosaurus
10-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Hey, look at that, you DO say intelligent things once every 5 years or so! :)

While I do think Ben should be rated higher, considered elite, I don't think he is Peyton Manning, and I also think Peyton gets a ring this year. And also, fwiw, he has one already from a SB win a few years back over the Bears. But he doesn't have 2, like Ben does, yet, nor does he have 2 500 yard games in his career! :)

I know close to zero about football. But if you spend the last decade or so listening to one of the most rabid Steelers fans on the planet, you learn these things. :cool:

jimnyc
10-27-2014, 10:39 AM
I know close to zero about football. But if you spend the last decade or so listening to one of the most rabid Steelers fans on the planet, you learn these things. :cool:

So glad you pay attention. Why not just watch the games? Do you even watch football? Does hubby or little one?

gabosaurus
10-27-2014, 11:03 AM
So glad you pay attention. Why not just watch the games? Do you even watch football? Does hubby or little one?

I watch all the Steelers games. Usually with my friend Katie and her husband. My husband is not interested in football, but he will watch the games to be sociable.
My daughter could care less about sports. I can't even get her to watch baseball. I see it as teenage rebellion. :(