PDA

View Full Version : Good Cop Vs Bad Cop... then cops

revelarts
10-27-2014, 12:57 PM
State Highway Patrol woman pulls over off duty Miami Cop for blowing passed her at 100 MPH on the highway. Patrol woman, with light and siren, has to chase the Miami cop for 5 minutes at speeds that hit 120MPH.
Miami Cop finally pulls over and says. "hey I'm late for my off duty job,"
She arrest him. he's charged, and Fired from his police job.
Good for her end of story right? Nope.

The Patrol woman then is harassed by other cops with written threats, phone threats, pranks and unknown cars parked in front of her home etc..
The Patrol woman checked her drivers record and found that it had been look up like 80+ times by various police, possibly looking for her address. The looking up of that info withOUT probably cause is a crime as well.

Don't all cops want to obey the law? But Police don't just threaten and harass people with out a GOOD reason right?
look If police will do this to another police officer what will they do to some stranger who's "threatening" and not showing proper respect?

Heck, even in Mayberry it depended on which officer you got whether or not you'd be dealt with reasonably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-6T11fVxZA

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
10-27-2014, 05:03 PM
State Highway Patrol woman pulls over off duty Miami Cop for blowing passed her at 100 MPH on the highway. Patrol woman, with light and siren, has to chase the Miami cop for 5 minutes at speeds that hit 120MPH.
Miami Cop finally pulls over and says. "hey I'm late for my off duty job,"
She arrest him. he's charged, and Fired from his police job.
Good for her end of story right? Nope.

The Patrol woman then is harassed by other cops with written threats, phone threats, pranks and unknown cars parked in front of her home etc..
The Patrol woman checked her drivers record and found that it had been look up like 80+ times by various police, possibly looking for her address. The looking up of that info withOUT probably cause is a crime as well.

Don't all cops want to obey the law? But Police don't just threaten and harass people with out a GOOD reason right?
look If police will do this to another police officer what will they do to some stranger who's "threatening" and not showing proper respect?

Heck, even in Mayberry it depended on which officer you got whether or not you'd be dealt with reasonably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-6T11fVxZA

A whole lot more bad cops now than there was two decades ago. Lower standards, less background checks and pre approval of minority applicants all contribute to that greatly IMHO..
I've dealings with bad cops several times in the past. Had one threaten me with him saying he'd stop me for DUI AND ALSO PLANT DRUGS IN M Y CAR IF HE WANTED TO. And he said make it stick, you go to prison so next time speak to me with proper respect..
My reply was --"you are still a lying punk"..
Made up my mind right then and there if he pulls me over at night , I see its him coming to my car I am going to just shoot him.
That was in the mid 70's. Nothing ever happened between us after that because I sent word by way of his cousin what my plan was. He got fired from the force about 5 years after our beef, then SOB drowned after wrecking his boat late one night. Yes, he was drunk and on drugs too.. . Karma ....-- :laugh: --Tyr

jimnyc
10-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Hopefully those that used the computers improperly to get her information will be prosecuted. Those systems keep logs of those who make access. If she was able to see that it was accessed 80 times, then so will the courts/superiors/IA.

gabosaurus
10-27-2014, 05:58 PM
All these threads about "bad cops" are getting to be extremely repetitive.
I have no doubt that there are some bad cops. You can drive around in Los Angeles and find some fairly easily.
There are also bad lawyers. And bad doctors, firemen, plumbers, businessmen and chicken pluckers. There are a lot of bad military as well.
However, all the professions above have so many more positive examples than negative, it is difficult to see a reason for cherry picking the bad incidents and discarding the good ones.

jimnyc
10-27-2014, 06:06 PM
I have no doubt that there are some bad cops. You can drive around in Los Angeles and find some fairly easily.
There are also bad lawyers. And bad doctors, firemen, plumbers, businessmen and chicken pluckers. There are a lot of bad military as well.
However, all the professions above have so many more positive examples than negative, it is difficult to see a reason for cherry picking the bad incidents and discarding the good ones.

I agree. I know tons of good cops. The bad eggs make them all look bad is the issue. ONE bad cop can make an entire department look bad, and a bad department can make an entire state look bad. But they aren't all bad, not even remotely close, and bad behavior is certainly not the norm. I'm sure it is the norm for the bad eggs though. And yep, there are bad eggs in every profession. This one stands out as its positions of authority though, and it should stand out. The bad egg stories pale in comparison to the awards given out, lives saved, people helped, crimes stopped - and the majority of those are simply not heard about or reported, because it's their job to do those things.

jimnyc
10-27-2014, 06:07 PM

Oh, and just because I agree with you doesn't mean I like you. I still hate you. Fuck off. :)

revelarts
10-27-2014, 07:24 PM
title of the thread is GOOD COP vs bad cops ...then cops.

And sure there are bad plumbers, but they can't do the same harm, and don't have the same power to cover their arses.
Everyone acknowledges that there are bad lawyers. how many lawyer jokes does it it take to make that point.
Dr's have malpractice insurance that barely makes it possible for them to practice because folks acknowledge they're are bad dr's and QUACKS. Folks give Drs the benny of the doubt but often also feel the drs shouldn't be offended by a 2nd opinion or the patients looking things up.

IMO in general the Police have had a rep that's better than the reality.
this is one reason why I post police stories like this.
I think the rep makes it EASIER for bad cops to ride under the cover of the good cops and the notice of the public and the courts.
And it puts innocent people at risk.

If I go to my neighbor ...Joe... and say
"The police told my nephew that if he didn't give up a name that they can plant a gun on for the recent murder downtown, then they will accuse him of the crime."
But because of the HIGH regard Joe has for the police he can't even entertain the idea that "the police" would do such a thing.
This Pollyanna view of police is not just a lie, it's dangerous to the public and to good cops and police work.

Some folks feel you're just attacking the police to be mean or "anti gov't" .
No, it's just to keep everyone honest. the police are not angels to worship.
They are people with a tough job who need to be held as accountable as politicians, lawyers, judges, dr's and plumbers are.
MORESO because if they make mistakes or are just corrupt then people get harassed, hurt, die or locked up unjustly.