PDA

View Full Version : 15 Countries You Should Be Afraid To Visit

jimnyc
10-27-2014, 05:02 PM
This is an article I saw on Yahoo. You can read more at the link below. Any countries out there you think should have made this list? And don't center on Islam, let's include the entire world, even though I know most of those places will qualify)

Colombia
Russia
Mexico
Nigeria
India
Afghanistan
Ethiopia
Lebanon
Guinea-Bissau
Yemen
Iraq
Sudan
Central African Republic
North Korea
Syria

http://www.swifty.com/destinations/5042/15-countries-you-should-be-afraid-to-visit?trav=5042-ysa-de#slide/0

tailfins
10-27-2014, 05:50 PM
Venezuela - Caracas is extremely dangerous. I see a leftist influence in a list that treats Colombia as more dangerous than Venezuela.
Haiti is less dangerous than India? I don't think so.

grannyhawkins
10-27-2014, 07:09 PM
While there's beauty here an there, across the globe, there's really no place like the Good ole USofA, for diverse, natural beauty across the entire nation.

Jay
11-04-2014, 11:44 AM
The problem with articles such as this, is for the sake of garnering a few quick page views, the authors do not research they subject they are writing about, rather rely on some preconceived notions. The article says India "is mostly known as one of the most dangerous countries for women." The statistics say that India is one of the safest countries for women. The rate of rapes in India is 1.8 per 100,000, in the US it is 27 per 100,000 and in South Africa it is 54 per 100,000 etc. You can check these statistics, for example from Nation Master. Yet India is included, whereas the US and South Africa are not???

Also you hear about suicide bombings in Pakistan all the time, where Shias and others are targeted by the Pakistani Taliban. Just a couple of days ago there was a suicide bombing in the Wagah border that killed 45 Pakistanis. Nothing of this sort happens regularly in India (with a notable of the Mumbai attacks carried out by terrorists from Pakistan). Once again, this article mentions India but not Pakistan. Quite absurd really.

Jeff
11-04-2014, 11:47 AM
This is an article I saw on Yahoo. You can read more at the link below. Any countries out there you think should have made this list? And don't center on Islam, let's include the entire world, even though I know most of those places will qualify)

Colombia
Russia
Mexico
Nigeria
India
Afghanistan
Ethiopia
Lebanon
Guinea-Bissau
Yemen
Iraq
Sudan
Central African Republic
North Korea
Syria

http://www.swifty.com/destinations/5042/15-countries-you-should-be-afraid-to-visit?trav=5042-ysa-de#slide/0

Dam I was looking forward to a summer vacation in Baghdad :laugh: