PDA

View Full Version : 175 Immigration Violators, Fugitives Arrested In OC

Pale Rider
06-23-2007, 03:37 AM
175 Immigration Violators, Fugitives Arrested In OC

POSTED: 11:36 am PDT June 22, 2007
UPDATED: 6:22 pm PDT June 22, 2007

ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. -- Immigration authorities arrested 175 "immigration violaters" in Orange County this week as part of a weeklong crackdown targeting undocumented immigrants and immigration fugitives.

Among those arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents were 27 "criminal aliens" believed to be in the United States illegaly and with prior criminal records.

One of those 27 was Jamie Peņa-Martinez, 30, a previously deported from Mexico with a prior conviction for child molestation. He was arrested at a residence in Santa Ana.

The remaining 26 criminal aliens were all under deportation orders by immigration judges, according to an ICE news release.

Re-entering the United States after deportation is a felony violation carrying a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. The ICE release said the United States Attorney's Office is reviewing the latest arrests.

Another of the arrested immigrants was identified as a Mexican national wanted by Mexican authorities for ambushing and murdering his 74-year-old uncle nine years ago in Zacatecas over a land dispute, according to the ICE release. Orange County District Attorney investigators got a tip from the Mexican Attorney General's Office that Almarez Reveles Gonzalo, 35, was residing in Orange County; he was then traced to a home in Baldwin Park, where he was arrested Thursday. Gonzalo was transported to the border and turned over to Mexican authorities hours after his arrest.

"The five-day effort is the largest single enforcement action conducted by ICE's fugitive operations teams to date in Orange County," the news release said. "ICE received substantial assistance in this week's operation from the Orange County Sheriff's Department and the California Department of Corrections Parole Division."

The release says ICE has five fugitive teams assigned to the Southland, "the most of any major city in the nation. The newest team was deployed in Orange County June 1. In the last nine months, the Los Angeles area fugitive operations teams have made more than 1,600 arrests, including more than 300 criminal aliens."

According to ICE databases, there are currently 632,189 fugitive aliens in the United States, the release said.

(And just think, if the new shamnesty bill is signed, all these criminal aliens will all of a sudden be LEGAL!!!)

"The majority of the aliens taken into custody this week are Mexican nationals, but the group also included immigration violators from nine countries, including India, Kenya, the Philippines, and Colombia," the release said.

http://www.knbc.com/news/13553593/detail.html?dl=headlineclick

5stringJeff
06-23-2007, 10:14 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

82Marine89
06-23-2007, 10:18 AM

ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. -- Immigration authorities arrested 175 "immigration violaters" in Orange County this week as part of a weeklong crackdown targeting undocumented immigrants and immigration fugitives.

Among those arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents were 27 "criminal aliens" believed to be in the United States illegaly and with prior criminal records.

One of those 27 was Jamie Peņa-Martinez, 30, a previously deported from Mexico with a prior conviction for child molestation. He was arrested at a residence in Santa Ana.

The remaining 26 criminal aliens were all under deportation orders by immigration judges, according to an ICE news release.

Re-entering the United States after deportation is a felony violation carrying a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison. The ICE release said the United States Attorney's Office is reviewing the latest arrests.

Another of the arrested immigrants was identified as a Mexican national wanted by Mexican authorities for ambushing and murdering his 74-year-old uncle nine years ago in Zacatecas over a land dispute, according to the ICE release. Orange County District Attorney investigators got a tip from the Mexican Attorney General's Office that Almarez Reveles Gonzalo, 35, was residing in Orange County; he was then traced to a home in Baldwin Park, where he was arrested Thursday. Gonzalo was transported to the border and turned over to Mexican authorities hours after his arrest.

"The five-day effort is the largest single enforcement action conducted by ICE's fugitive operations teams to date in Orange County," the news release said. "ICE received substantial assistance in this week's operation from the Orange County Sheriff's Department and the California Department of Corrections Parole Division."

The release says ICE has five fugitive teams assigned to the Southland, "the most of any major city in the nation. The newest team was deployed in Orange County June 1. In the last nine months, the Los Angeles area fugitive operations teams have made more than 1,600 arrests, including more than 300 criminal aliens."

According to ICE databases, there are currently 632,189 fugitive aliens in the United States, the release said.

(And just think, if the new shamnesty bill is signed, all these criminal aliens will all of a sudden be LEGAL!!!)

"The majority of the aliens taken into custody this week are Mexican nationals, but the group also included immigration violators from nine countries, including India, Kenya, the Philippines, and Colombia," the release said.

Here you go Mr. Bush. These are the people you want to give amnesty to.

Pale Rider
06-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Here you go Mr. Bush. These are the people you want to give amnesty to.

Yup... it's time to start refering to bush as mister bush. He's pissed all respect I ever had for him away as President.

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 06:49 PM

Actually ones with criminal backgrounds wont be given citizenship.

Trigg
06-23-2007, 10:21 PM
I would also like to take the time to point out to the libs on the board this sentence. "The majority of the aliens taken into custody this week are Mexican nationals, but the group also included immigration violators from nine countries, including India, Kenya, the Philippines, and Colombia,"

This is why the border fence needs to be completed. People from 9 countries were apprehended.

Kathianne
06-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Actually ones with criminal backgrounds wont be given citizenship.

That would be IF their records were caught within that 24 hour time frame, but of course felons would give their true name. Nah, they'll get their visa, good for 4 years and continue on their ways.

Pale Rider
06-23-2007, 10:56 PM
That would be IF their records were caught within that 24 hour time frame, but of course felons would give their true name. Nah, they'll get their visa, good for 4 years and continue on their ways.

Exactly right. The background check that will be given is an utter joke. Criminals will be given their Z visa right along with everybody else. There is NO WAY people can be thoroughly checked out in 24 hours. That's only a token gesture, and a pathetic joke.

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 11:26 PM
I would also like to take the time to point out to the libs on the board this sentence. "The majority of the aliens taken into custody this week are Mexican nationals, but the group also included immigration violators from nine countries, including India, Kenya, the Philippines, and Colombia,"

This is why the border fence needs to be completed. People from 9 countries were apprehended.

It's scary, if an under educated wetback can get over our boarder what about a highly trained terrorist with a shitload of explosives or worse?

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 11:29 PM

Im sure they would run fingerprints. Then it wouldn't matter what name they gave them. I think the parts of the bill that improve boarder security and workplace enforcement are great idea, the flaw lies with allowing 12,000,00+ illegals a slap on the writs and then reward them with citizenship thats where the problems are.

Trigg
06-23-2007, 11:31 PM
It's scary, if an under educated wetback can get over our boarder what about a highly trained terrorist with a shitload of explosives or worse?

Exactly..............I don't know why more people aren't concerned about this. The more we get involved with trouble in the middle east the more we should be conserned with them sneaking across our southern boarder. They have to know how porous it is from all of our new coverage.

nevadamedic
06-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Exactly..............I don't know why more people aren't concerned about this. The more we get involved with trouble in the middle east the more we should be conserned with them sneaking across our southern boarder. They have to know how porous it is from all of our new coverage.

They also need to focus on the Canadian boarder. I mean look at the guy with the deadly TB virus who was red flagged and still made it over.

Kathianne
06-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Im sure they would run fingerprints. Then it wouldn't matter what name they gave them. I think the parts of the bill that improve boarder security and workplace enforcement are great idea, the flaw lies with allowing 12,000,00+ illegals a slap on the writs and then reward them with citizenship thats where the problems are.

I haven't seen any financing provisions for those types of records. The bill should be killed.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 12:12 AM
I haven't seen any financing provisions for those types of records. The bill should be killed.

Hell yea it should be, but I have an aweful feeling that it will pass in the Senate. It's making me sick to my stomach everytime I think about it. :(

Trigg
06-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Hell yea it should be, but I have an aweful feeling that it will pass in the Senate. It's making me sick to my stomach everytime I think about it. :(

lets hope not!

Although the letter I sent to my "representative" will probably be ignored.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 12:38 AM
lets hope not!

Although the letter I sent to my "representative" will probably be ignored.

Send letters to both your representatives. Also send letters online to the ones who are borderline and could vote for it this time. Here is one right here....... http://ensign.senate.gov/

Pale Rider
06-24-2007, 08:24 AM

Finger printing won't do squat. You have to have first been finger printed for it to help, and I can guarantee you, the vast majority of the 20 million illegals have NOT been finger printed. Quite simply, they'll be able to march into the Z visa office, make up any damn identity they want, get their visa, and then disappear again, and we'll never know if they're a criminal or not, until they rape or kill someone that is.