PDA

View Full Version : Man ordered to pay child support for child that isn't his

jimnyc
10-28-2014, 11:43 AM
This is insane. Don't we have common sense anymore? No one can step in and just say "fix this" and put an end to it? When done, if I were this guy I would sue for millions just for the frustration they are putting him through, and add the idiot woman on the suit for starting all this by lying.

------

Carnell Alexander's ex-girlfriend named him as the father of her child in the early 1990s when a social worker told her she had to provide a name to receive income assistance. Just one problem: Alexander is not the father, as DNA testing has since proved.

Unfortunately, the State of Michigan doesn't seem to care about that little detail, and has embroiled Alexander in a paternity case for years. The DNA evidence and testimony of Alexander's ex-girlfriend both agree that he should not have to pay a dime for a child that isn't his, but Michigan insists he still owes about $30,000.

Alexander has refused to pay and has been threatened with jail time as a result. The child in question, meanwhile, is 27 years old.

http://theweek.com/article/index/270776/speedreads-man-ordered-to-pay-child-support-for-child-that-isnt-his

DETROIT (WXYZ) - The State of Michigan is ordering a Detroit man to pay tens of thousands of dollars, or go to prison. The reason? He owes back child support for a child that everyone agrees is not his.

"I feel like I’m standing in front of a brick wall with nowhere to go," said Carnell Alexander.

He says he learned about the paternity case against him during a traffic stop in Detroit in the early 90s. The officer told him he is a deadbeat dad, there was a warrant out for his arrest.

“I knew I didn’t have a child, so I was kind of blown back,” said Alexander.

The state said he fathered a child in 1987, and ignored a court order to pay up. It was the first Carnell had heard of the court order. He'd never even met the child.

“And when you were telling them in court – that it was not my child?" "They told me it was too late to get a DNA test," said Alexander.

Eventually he, by chance, ran into someone he knew would know where the woman was, and got a DNA test. It proved what he had been saying all along: the child he had never met was not his.

The mother had realized that, and the real father was in the child's life. Alexander took this information to court. The judge was unmoved.

7 Action News checked his story with the Michigan Department of Corrections. Their records confirm Alexander's story - he did not receive that order at a home in Highland Park. He was in prison for a crime he committed as a young man.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/region/detroit/detroit-man-fights-30k-child-support-bill-for-kid-that-is-not-his

revelarts
10-28-2014, 11:52 AM
That's about as bad as bureaucracy gets. geez lousie.
Buy the Gov or the attorney general should be able to clear this up with a flick of pen.
And the judge should be removed.

jimnyc
10-28-2014, 12:00 PM
That's about as bad as bureaucracy gets. geez lousie.
Buy the Gov or the attorney general should be able to clear this up with a flick of pen.
And the judge should be removed.

I agree across the board, and I do hope someone makes it that easy for him to finally have this stop. But soon enough he can be arrested, have his license suspended, have collections come after him, wage garnishing. I don't know if it will get that bad, but states have a lot of options to perform towards deadbeat parents. I don't know what the judge's reasoning is. Even if it's some sort of technicality, is it worth screwing the guys life up over, when it's something that CAN be that easily fixed? I'm sure there is a lot of red tape and stuff on the back end, but nothing a judge's signature and some court orders can't take care of.

tailfins
10-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Feminism in the legal system adversely affects everybody. It is at war with men whether it is part of a divorce or intact families as evidenced by the Justina Pelletier case. Places like MA, CT, RI are infiltrated with homosexual activists that are determined to break up intact families and scatter the kids to same-sex couple households as part of the "child protection" racket.

darin
10-28-2014, 02:44 PM
Imagine the shit-storm if the genders were reversed (you'd have to pretend the courts are FAIR to fathers and Mothers; instead of overwhelmingly favouring females).

grannyhawkins
10-29-2014, 05:31 PM
I'm waitin for the fruit loops to have ta cross this legal bridge and they will!!! Oughta be interestin, when neithers the father!!! :laugh:

I'm also curious about custody battles between fruit loops. Do ya give most favored status to the pitcher or the catcher??? :laugh:

I feel for the kids!!!

red state
10-29-2014, 06:21 PM
I'm waitin for the fruit loops to have ta cross this legal bridge and they will!!! Oughta be interestin, when neithers the father!!! :laugh:

I'm also curious about custody battles between fruit loops. Do ya give most favored status to the pitcher or the catcher??? :laugh:

I feel for the kids!!!

Funny.....if it twernt so seriously sickening. Yes, the kids will be warped for certain. One day, we will be able to discard genes that cause abnormalities such as blindness and weaknesses/vulnerabilities to alcoholism, drug abuse, thievery, violence and homosexuality. That day will be when the Good Sheppard fixes everything.