PDA

View Full Version : Algerian chicken wrap

jimnyc
10-30-2014, 04:44 PM
Ok, so a friends mother owns a small cafe/restaurant. I usually get a chicken cutlet hero, with provolone, lettuce and mayo (yum!). His Mom talked me into eating some homemade recipe of hers. She said it was a wrap, but more like a panini. Odd actually. But it was awesome grilled chicken. It had some light peppers, tomato, pickles (that made the sandwich) some other veggie I didn't recognize and some homemade sauce, which was fantastic. I don't know how to explain food. All I know is that it was awesome! Not sure if it's really Algerian, but she said its homemade, so I call it that.

What I REALLY want now that I tasted the pickle is a cuban sandwich. Not as easy to find as you would think. And I did buy the stuff about a month or so ago but it just didn't taste right. Nothing does when I make it myself. :(

gabosaurus
10-30-2014, 05:38 PM
You need to start someplace where you can get freshly baked and sliced Cuban bread. In East Los Angeles, I have had a Cuban with pulled pork, sliced beef, cheese, brown mustard and veggies. It was to die for.

jimnyc
10-30-2014, 05:45 PM
You need to start someplace where you can get freshly baked and sliced Cuban bread. In East Los Angeles, I have had a Cuban with pulled pork, sliced beef, cheese, brown mustard and veggies. It was to die for.

You need good bread, then good meats across the board, and good swiss. Also important is the mustard used. And now I want one again.

LongTermGuy
10-30-2014, 07:35 PM
You need good bread, then good meats across the board, and good swiss. Also important is the mustard used. And now I want one again.

Yummy!....agree...!

fj1200
10-30-2014, 10:10 PM
What I REALLY want now that I tasted the pickle is a cuban sandwich. Not as easy to find as you would think. And I did buy the stuff about a month or so ago but it just didn't taste right. Nothing does when I make it myself. :(

:slap:

Ingredients:
4 slices of ham
4 slices roast pork
3 slices of Swiss cheese
3 or 4 pickle slices
Yellow mustard (not spicy or dijon)

1/3 cut Cuban bread (http://www.tasteofcuba.com/pancubano.html) hard crust (or French bread)
http://www.tasteofcuba.com/cubansandwich.html

The hardest part to me is pressing the thing but make your pulled pork ahead of time and use the leftovers for the sandwich.

Jeff
10-31-2014, 05:07 AM
Ok, so a friends mother owns a small cafe/restaurant. I usually get a chicken cutlet hero, with provolone, lettuce and mayo (yum!). His Mom talked me into eating some homemade recipe of hers. She said it was a wrap, but more like a panini. Odd actually. But it was awesome grilled chicken. It had some light peppers, tomato, pickles (that made the sandwich) some other veggie I didn't recognize and some homemade sauce, which was fantastic. I don't know how to explain food. All I know is that it was awesome! Not sure if it's really Algerian, but she said its homemade, so I call it that.

Dang Bro sounds like you went total Yuppy, for starters it's a sub sandwich not a hero :laugh:

I have has similar ( or maybe the same ( while in Cali and it was great )

Ya just made me hungry Bro, down here in the South good bread consist of Biscuits , corn bread , or package NY Rye :laugh: