PDA

View Full Version : 7 Ways You Can Handle Toxic People

Pernicious
11-01-2014, 09:21 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6763&stc=1
The sad reality is that toxic people are common. So common, in fact, that my Inc.com colleague Lolly Daskal was recently able to come up with 10 types or subspecies of this noxious breed. Equally troubling is the effect those individuals--who like to push others' buttons, stymie projects, and inject pessimism into every situation--can have on their better-adjusted co-workers.

"Recent research from the Department of Biological and Clinical Psychology at Friedrich Schiller University in Germany found that exposure to stimuli that cause strong negative emotions--the same kind of exposure you get when dealing with toxic people--caused subjects' brains to have a massive stress response," Emotional Intelligence 2.0 author Travis Bradberry recently wrote in his LinkedIn Influencer column.
That level of stress, science has shown, can actually cause negative physical changes in your brain. You've probably experienced firsthand what that feels like subjectively--in short, it's terrible! So how can you stop these toxic people from messing with your mind, as well as hurting your productivity?
In his hugely useful post, Bradberry offers a dozen techniques to take the sting out of your office crazy person or resident grump. Here are seven of the best.
https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/7-techniques-handle-toxic-people-130000977.html

Nukeman
11-01-2014, 10:04 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6763&stc=1
The sad reality is that toxic people are common. So common, in fact, that my Inc.com colleague Lolly Daskal was recently able to come up with 10 types or subspecies of this noxious breed. Equally troubling is the effect those individuals--who like to push others' buttons, stymie projects, and inject pessimism into every situation--can have on their better-adjusted co-workers.

"Recent research from the Department of Biological and Clinical Psychology at Friedrich Schiller University in Germany found that exposure to stimuli that cause strong negative emotions--the same kind of exposure you get when dealing with toxic people--caused subjects' brains to have a massive stress response," Emotional Intelligence 2.0 author Travis Bradberry recently wrote in his LinkedIn Influencer column.
That level of stress, science has shown, can actually cause negative physical changes in your brain. You've probably experienced firsthand what that feels like subjectively--in short, it's terrible! So how can you stop these toxic people from messing with your mind, as well as hurting your productivity?
In his hugely useful post, Bradberry offers a dozen techniques to take the sting out of your office crazy person or resident grump. Here are seven of the best.
https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/7-techniques-handle-toxic-people-130000977.html

Are you trying to say something here??? I can't quite put my finger on it but I feel that you are trying to get a point across:lol::lol::lol:

LongTermGuy
11-01-2014, 10:04 AM
`Toxic people are like Energy Vampires.....they are draining. I won't allow them in my circle. It's a drag to be around whiny and negative people.`

jimnyc
11-01-2014, 10:55 AM
Seems to me, based on this picture, this thread was started as a way of :poke:poking at another member here. I hope not, as I just spoke top the other member in question, and I don't want to see my efforts to stop this crap go to waste. Some coincidences I don't believe in, especially when this is the 2nd time you used a members avatar to make a point, a picture NOT on the linked to story. I'm asking nicely to let it go, and to not have me get involved, as I think neither party will be happy with my decisions.

LongTermGuy
11-01-2014, 11:02 AM
`story was on yahoo...which I read...Cat Pic example above? feisty cat...draining?.......I have a cat...so they can be...draining feisty little vamps...:laugh:

jimnyc
11-01-2014, 11:12 AM
`story was on yahoo...which I read...Cat Pic example above? feisty cat...draining?.......I have a cat...so they can be...draining feisty little vamps...:laugh:

Understood it was on Yahoo - but the picture appears to be a stretched version of Gabby's exact avatar. Sorry, this is exactly what took place a few weeks ago, and I didn't just fall off of a turnip truck.

Pernicious
11-01-2014, 11:19 AM
Understood it was on Yahoo - but the picture appears to be a stretched version of Gabby's exact avatar. Sorry, this is exactly what took place a few weeks ago, and I didn't just fall off of a turnip truck.
You should read the article you might learn something. If you will note I have not directed my comments directly at anyone. That would be the exact opposite of a certain **** who enjoys trolling the site. You know, one of those you tell to fuck off. NOTICE I do not start anything, but I will finish everything that comes forward as a personal attack.

LongTermGuy
11-01-2014, 11:21 AM

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608048931437217392&pid=15.1&P=0understood...

jimnyc
11-01-2014, 11:24 AM
You should read the article you might learn something. If you will note I have not directed my comments directly at anyone. That would be the exact opposite of a certain **** who enjoys trolling the site. You know, one of those you tell to fuck off. NOTICE I do not start anything, but I will finish everything that comes forward as a personal attack.

So you admit it was about her as I thought. And the "C" word will come out as asterisks here, the only banned word on the board, and I'm glad it was caught. Notice you didn't start? Hell you just did! I reamed her out for starting, and put an end to it. YOU started this thread and YOU attached her avatar to point it at her.

I didn't need to read any article to learn anything. I have done this LONG enough to know when 2 people are acting like babies and screwing up the board for many.

gabosaurus
11-01-2014, 11:33 AM
I have done this LONG enough to know when 2 people are acting like babies and screwing up the board for many.

And yet you continue to allow tailfins and aboutime to post here. :cool:

Otherwise, I am quite flattered by this thread. If I can take an openly racist person who can't figure out how to properly post pictures and get under their skin, I am pleased.

jimnyc
11-01-2014, 11:37 AM
No need for this, closed and moved to the garbage can.

gabosaurus
11-01-2014, 11:42 AM
You must be very popular on the Stormfront board. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
11-01-2014, 12:04 PM
You must be very popular on the Stormfront board. :rolleyes:

I have moved this from another thread and merged into this one.