PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for some cricket?

gabosaurus
11-01-2014, 10:11 AM
My best friend and her husband has been able to work a deal for tickets to the 2015 Ashes Series at Lords, so we are heading back to lay waste to Sir Drummond's native country in July.
Not sure why I am so fascinated by the sport of cricket, but I am. Plus we can hang out in London for a few days.

jimnyc
11-01-2014, 11:01 AM
I have a huge pet cricket

http://i.imgur.com/skKGjFq.jpg

gabosaurus
11-01-2014, 11:26 AM
If you batted against me, I would bowl you for a duck. :cool:

jimnyc
11-01-2014, 11:30 AM
If you batted against me, I would bowl you for a duck. :cool:

I would never play cricket. My career of choice when I was a kid was to be a professional baseball player. Cricket is too weird for me, and I'm much too old to be learning new sports.

gabosaurus
11-01-2014, 11:38 AM
I would never play cricket. My career of choice when I was a kid was to be a professional baseball player. Cricket is too weird for me, and I'm much too old to be learning new sports.

Baseball is by far my favorite sport.
Cricket is quite weird and very difficult to understand. How can you explain how the same player can bat all day?
The appeal of cricket is this (to me, anyway): You sit out on a nice, sunny day with a good friend. You eat, talk a bit, walk around a bit, do anything you want. The sport moves so slow, you never miss anything.

jimnyc
11-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Baseball is by far my favorite sport.
Cricket is quite weird and very difficult to understand. How can you explain how the same player can bat all day?
The appeal of cricket is this (to me, anyway): You sit out on a nice, sunny day with a good friend. You eat, talk a bit, walk around a bit, do anything you want. The sport moves so slow, you never miss anything.

Instead of the Giants and Bumgarner, we could be celebrating the Dodgers and Kershaw right now, but you jinxed it all. Now I have to wait another year AND pray that no one gets traded.

gabosaurus
11-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Instead of the Giants and Bumgarner, we could be celebrating the Dodgers and Kershaw right now, but you jinxed it all. Now I have to wait another year AND pray that no one gets traded.

The Dodgers won one and lost one when I went. I blame the damn Panda. Not to mention the fact that Bruce Bochy is Satan.

jimnyc
11-01-2014, 12:02 PM
The Dodgers won one and lost one when I went. I blame the damn Panda. Not to mention the fact that Bruce Bochy is Satan.

Please, I know this from FIRST HAND experience, YOU DO NOT need to be there after the fact, you left your jinxing there behind!! Now I just hope it is gone before next years starts!! :poke: