PDA

View Full Version : Possible 'Mile-Wide UFO' Spotted by British Airline Pilot

Pale Rider
06-23-2007, 04:57 AM
Possible 'Mile-Wide UFO' Spotted by British Airline Pilot

Friday, June 22, 2007

What's white, glows, is a mile wide and flies?

That's what the pilot and passengers of a British jetliner want to know after they reported seeing an unidentified flying object fitting that description outside their aircraft windows over the Channel Islands.

The craft is allegedly one of the largest UFOs ever seen, the Evening Standard reported Friday.

Citing an official air-miss report on the incident several weeks ago in Pilot magazine, the newspaper stated that Aurigny Airlines Capt. Ray Bowyer first caught sight of the object while flying close to Alderney , one of several islands in the English Channel located off the Normandy coast.

Space Shuttle Atlantis Lands Safely in California Space Agency Seeks Volunteers for Virtual Mars Mission Martian Oceans Fell Victim to Planetary Realignment Mars Probe Finds Deep Hole on Red Planet Bowyer described the object as “a cigar-shaped brilliant white light.”

"It was a very sharp, thin yellow object with a green area," Bowyer, 50, told the Evening Standard, noting that he used a pair of binoculars to view the flying craft more closely. "It was 2,000 feet up and stationary. I thought it was about 10 miles away, although I later realized it was approximately 40 miles from us.

"At first, I thought it was the size of a [Boeing] 737, but it must have been much bigger because of how far away it was. It could have been as much as a mile wide."

Bowyer told the magazine that he then spotted a "second identical object further to the west," stating that it was the same size but appeared smaller because it was farther away from the plane than the first craft was.

Some passengers and an unnamed pilot with the Blue Islands airline later confirmed the sighting, the Evening Standard reported.

The Civil Aviation Authority safety notice stated that another aircraft, a Tri-Lander, flying nearby Alderney also spotted the soaring object.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286176,00.html

Sitarro
06-23-2007, 06:49 AM
What's white, glows, is a mile wide and has flies........shattered's ass?

diuretic
06-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Interesting event. Lots of independent viewers too.

Gunny
06-23-2007, 09:37 AM

I guess the strain of handling all that baggage at the airport has finally made you crack, huh?

Or is it that you've actually made to 95 years old and STILL can't handle rejection any better than this?

shattered
06-23-2007, 09:42 AM

Dude.. Your infatuation with me really isn't healthy. This is the second thread (that I know of) that you brought my name in to, and I'm not even a part of... Get a grip. Stop trolling.

Gunny
06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Dude.. Your infatuation with me really isn't healthy. This is the second thread (that I know of) that you brought my name in to, and I'm not even a part of... Get a grip. Stop trolling.

It's that irresistable charm ... it's making him insane.:laugh2:

5stringJeff
06-23-2007, 10:23 AM

Knock it off.

Gaffer
06-23-2007, 07:02 PM
It's an interesting report, though its two weeks old. Too bad they didn't get any pictures of it. Multiple planes with multiple witnesses and it will still be made a joke. It was just a case of swamp gas .... again.

Guernicaa
06-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Thats mad stalkish and creepy...

Someone ban him.

Sitarro
06-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Funny, you're the one following me around and neg repping me as often as possible, what do you call that?

Sitarro
06-23-2007, 08:17 PM
I guess the strain of handling all that baggage at the airport has finally made you crack, huh?

Or is it that you've actually made to 95 years old and STILL can't handle rejection any better than this?

Yea, it's been tough, does she really need you to argue for her? Just follow her and start neg repping me like she does.

Sitarro
06-23-2007, 08:21 PM
Thats mad stalkish and creepy...

Someone ban him.

This coming from someone who would love to spend "quality" time with Che..... I could almost give a shit about being banned from what this board has become.

shattered
06-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Funny, you're the one following me around and neg repping me as often as possible, what do you call that?

Ihave neg-repped you twice. Both for things you have said that were derrogatory to/about me. Deal with it, and quit stalking.

Guernicaa
06-23-2007, 08:43 PM
This coming from someone who would love to spend "quality" time with Che..... I could almost give a shit about being banned from what this board has become.
Yeah your right...This is the first board that I've ever been on that has members continuously referring to others as "faggy" and enjoys stalking women.

Wait a second...Doesn't Sitarro do all of those things?

Gunny
06-24-2007, 05:32 PM
Yea, it's been tough, does she really need you to argue for her? Just follow her and start neg repping me like she does.

Let me point out a minor little "factoid" for you ....

Not ONCE since I became a member of USMB-then-DP, have I neg-repped you. I have given you only positive rep.

Not once that I can recall have I said one ill word toward you. Yet you want to go into someone's marriage congrats thread and take a shot at me, implying something you obviously know not a damned thing about.

Shattered doesn't need me to argue for her. YOU invited me to this game when YOU pulled MY chain. Don't start whining foul now that you have my attention.

Shattered and I have been friends for years. If that's a hard concept for you or anyone else for that matter to understand because the concept of a man and woman being just firends is beyond your comprehension level, that's YOUR problem.

I neither understand nor care what your personal malfunction is that has turned you into such a sourpuss curmudgeon since I first encountered you, but if you want to continue to drop MY name, I'll be more than happy to make it my problem.

Gunny
06-24-2007, 05:36 PM

And just what has this board "become?"

I don't think it's changed much. But YOU have.

nevadamedic
06-24-2007, 05:41 PM
And just what has this board "become?"

I don't think it's changed much. But YOU have.

How long were you in the military? Do you have any experience on this subject from being in the military?

Gunny
06-24-2007, 05:46 PM
How long were you in the military? Do you have any experience on this subject from being in the military?

20 years, and the only UFO's I ever saw were usually after coming out of bars in Thailand, Okinawa or the PI.:laugh2: