PDA

View Full Version : Islam does not mean 'peace' in Arabic

stevecanuck
11-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I have frequently heard Muslims says that Islam is the Arabic word for peace. It isn't. It means submission, and in the context of the relgion it means submission to God. The reason this is even worth discussing, let alone having its own thread, is because the lie is not casually told, nor is it an argument in semantics. Those who tell this lie want us to assume that any act of violence perpetrated by a Muslim is un-Islamic because, by definition, it would be contrary to the very meaning of the word Islam. That is propaganda in its purest form.

Not only is it propaganda, but it's also a perfect example of sophistry (starting with a basic truth, but ending with a lie hoping the listener will miss the logical break). Allow me to splain. In Arabic there is a 3-letter root system that causes all words with the same 3 letters used in the same order to be linked to a common meaning. The letters seen (s), lam (l), and meem (m) form the root of 3 linked words that you all know: Islam (submission to god), Muslim (one who submits to God), and salaam (peace in having submitted to god). The sophistry comes in the form of using the word peace out of its intended religious context and letting us think it means peace in the general sense.

I believe it's important to understand this lest we be fooled into thinking Islam and peace are one and the same.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-02-2014, 05:56 PM
I have frequently heard Muslims says that Islam is the Arabic word for peace. It isn't. It means submission, and in the context of the relgion it means submission to God. The reason this is even worth discussing, let alone having its own thread, is because the lie is not casually told, nor is it an argument in semantics. Those who tell this lie want us to assume that any act of violence perpetrated by a Muslim is un-Islamic because, by definition, it would be contrary to the very meaning of the word Islam. That is propaganda in its purest form.

Not only is it propaganda, but it's also a perfect example of sophistry (starting with a basic truth, but ending with a lie hoping the listener will miss the logical break). Allow me to splain. In Arabic there is a 3-letter root system that causes all words with the same 3 letters used in the same order to be linked to a common meaning. The letters seen (s), lam (l), and meem (m) form the root of 3 linked words that you all know: Islam (submission to god), Muslim (one who submits to God), and salaam (peace in having submitted to god). The sophistry comes in the form of using the word peace out of its intended religious context and letting us think it means peace in the general sense.

I believe it's important to understand this lest we be fooled into thinking Islam and peace are one and the same.

That is the great LIE THE ENTIRE WORLD NOW SWALLOWS.

THE ISLAMISTS USING THE ART OF LYING JUST LIKE THE LEFTISTS/LIBERALS CONSTANTLY DO.

It is the commonality that allows for their alliance. Each thinks to use the other to advantage and then turn to defeat the other at an opportune time in the future.

The shock is that the leftist/libs/dems haven't a damn clue just how easily Islam can and will utterly and completely destroy them when/if it gets power here.
Any fight between the two Islam wins hands down..
They should see that but are blinded by their own folly, evil and massive arrogance!
Their false allies the muslims use that ignorance to the max..

Islam is exactly as ISIS is now doing--for that is exactly how it conquered its way into Europe and murdered in the process over 240 million people(low estimate)during its 1400+ year history....

Islam is exactly as ISIS is now doing

^^^^ This FACT can not be emphasized too much IMHO.--Tyr

darin
11-03-2014, 10:51 AM
I don't happen to give two shits what the word means; i'm more a verb guy. Muslims who kill others are NOT of peace. Those who do not, and who love people, ARE.