PDA

View Full Version : 92 MPH and he didn't pull me over

tailfins
11-03-2014, 08:27 AM
I was going 92 in an 80 on the Pickle Parkway at night even, and the cop only turned his lights on, then turned them off when I backed it down to 85. Not all Texas cops are jerks after all. What's even better the that the speed limit goes up to 85 once you pass Austin. I then cruised along at 100. Driving is so much better down here.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-03-2014, 08:44 AM
I was going 92 in an 80 on the Pickle Parkway at night even, and the cop only turned his lights on, then turned them off when I backed it down to 85. Not all Texas cops are jerks after all. What's even better the that the speed limit goes up to 85 once you pass Austin. I then cruised along at 100. Driving is so much better down here.

Lucky you. Your vehicle was likely the same make/model as one of his relatives/friends and/or their kids
or else he was eating his donut and guzzling his coffee and couldn't be bothered doing his actual job.-Tyr

NightTrain
11-03-2014, 09:05 AM
My Dad was a trucker and warned me to never get pulled over in Texas if you're an out-of-stater. Apparently you'll go straight downtown to pay your fine... they didn't trust you to mail them the money once you were back home.

darin
11-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Gov'ts would save money by ending speed-enforcement. Speed-tax (tickets) are a cash-cow, but not nearly the cash-cow as simply selling speed-stamps in advance. For instance; upon qualifiying via a driving test (given by race instructor-types), one could have a speed license; allowing them 'as fast as they want, just about whenever they want'.

gabosaurus
11-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Why would you want to drive that fast? If you lose control at that speed, there is not going to be much left of you.

darin
11-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Why would you want to drive that fast? If you lose control at that speed, there is not going to be much left of you.

Not much control required to maintain speed. (shrug). 92mph is NOT crazy-fast.

gabosaurus
11-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Not much control required to maintain speed. (shrug). 92mph is NOT crazy-fast.

So you don't think there should be speed limits? I don't really want to get on the freeway with people driving 80 mph.
If you want to drive you souped up car around, go to Germany. The autobahns have no speed limit.

darin
11-03-2014, 02:25 PM
...and the autobahns have speed limits, too.

(shrug)

Yes, in someplaces speed limits should be abolished. What bothers me is police using speed tickets to get money. Speed limits are about money nowadays RARELY safety.

I'd also support removal of brake lights and turn signals in cars. After the initial destruction, would force people to be better drivers; as-is we are reducing the skill of our drivers with too many aides.

tailfins
11-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Lucky you. Your vehicle was likely the same make/model as one of his relatives/friends and/or their kids
or else he was eating his donut and guzzling his coffee and couldn't be bothered doing his actual job.-Tyr

My Dad was a trucker and warned me to never get pulled over in Texas if you're an out-of-stater. Apparently you'll go straight downtown to pay your fine... they didn't trust you to mail them the money once you were back home.

I must have been really lucky, my vehicles still have New Hampshire license plates.

So you don't think there should be speed limits? I don't really want to get on the freeway with people driving 80 mph.
If you want to drive you souped up car around, go to Germany. The autobahns have no speed limit.

On the Southern half of the Pickle, no one gets a ticket under 95. 80 would be a "slow poke". I was worried because the cop clocked me on the Northern half which "only" has an 80 MPH limit.

http://i.bnet.com/blogs/highway1301.jpeg

Nonnie
09-04-2015, 02:31 PM
...and the autobahns have speed limits, too.

(shrug)

Yes, in someplaces speed limits should be abolished. What bothers me is police using speed tickets to get money. Speed limits are about money nowadays RARELY safety.

I'd also support removal of brake lights and turn signals in cars. After the initial destruction, would force people to be better drivers; as-is we are reducing the skill of our drivers with too many aides.

If all vehicles had GPS speed limiters, they wouldn't have to spend money on speed control, nor pay for speed limit signs. Speeds would come down, better MPG and more money in the drivers pocket due to spending less on fuel. Also, less pollution.

DLT
09-04-2015, 02:38 PM

Yeah....but you fly through one of those well-known speed traps in Texas and you'll have a ticket so fast your head will spin. I know. I've flown through many of them...and unless the cop already has somebody pulled over, you're caught.

red state
09-04-2015, 03:37 PM

So terribly true!!! I get passed by cops all the time (no lights or anything) and they sometimes even drive dangerously when doing that but MOST times, it is simply to get to the gas station, chicken, pizza or doughnut joint!!!! We are having our officer appreciation in a few Sundays (big dinner, gospel music and the works) but I'm considering not going. My wife's nephew is a cop (two or three tours in Iraq) but he is like most cops I know (an adreniline junky....looking for trouble and regretting finding it one day). The others are usually bullies that were once bullied or were not very popular in younger years. Very few, in my humble opinion, are what I consider good folk that I'd like to hang with or be around my kids. Sorry...that is just the way I see it.

I was taught to respect cops (and I do support and respect them as much as possible) but we need less cops, less taxes to go to cop salaries and MORE gun rights and freedom to protect our own. A cop has NEVER helped me out (whether changing a flat, putting on the lights and sitting there while having trouble or caught a murderer of my grandfather. In fact, I was telling my wife that I fear a ticket or "accidental" shooting from a cop FAR more than a thug of any sort. No, We The People need more freedom & less "security" at the expense of freedom...especially in border States, where more freedom to essentially be our own border agents is desperately needed.

The missionary cop who usually speaks at the officer appreciation Sunday is well liked by most others but he blew it with me in about 10 min. of his speech a on our 1st Officer Appreciation Sunday by telling the congregation how he often longed for HIGH PURSUIT when he was a bored GA State Trooper just driving and sitting.....and far too many (not most mind you) are just ITCHING to pull a trigger. As for the Missionary cop, I thought, IDIOT!....unless a pervert has abducted a lil' girl or boy, CALL IT IN because there are WAY too many folks killed by cops during "high pursuits". With the invention of radio, aircraft and other technologies....it truly isn't needed (especially if some thug ripped off a $20 bucks.

Anyway, most all cops are above the law and do not adhere to the same speeding signs that we must OBEY. And I don't know many who don't give friends, family and prospective dates a FREE pass when caught speeding.

Jeff
09-04-2015, 03:55 PM

Hell 80 is the normal speed in many states Gabs, the posted speed limit is 70 on the eastern seaboard and 75 mid lands, people run 80 in a 70 all day long, the police will usually give you ten, anything over that you are taking a chance.

Although I do disagree with going as fast as you want, anywhere you want, you may be able to control your car great, but what happens when grandpa pulls out right in front of you, or the family going on Vacation happens to make a mistake and pulls into your lane because as you are running 100 mph it looks to them in their mirror that they have plenty of room. Heck most of the new cars coming off the line are on;y capable of running just sp fast unless you get a high performance ship and re tune the computer.

OAK
09-04-2015, 04:25 PM
If you want to drive you souped up car around, go to Germany. The autobahns have no speed limit.I suggest you don't drive around Atlanta. From the AL/GA border on I20 to the Atlanta Perimeter, if you are in the left lane, you better be running 85/90 or you will get run over.

jimnyc
09-04-2015, 04:35 PM
I've actually had a cop give me a pass after slowing me down a few times, and I appreciate that. Had another that did so with his car, by repeatedly hitting his breaks. Long story, I didn't get the hint, fucked back with him and got pulled over! Even then he was cool and explained why he was hitting his breaks after getting in front of me. I guess better than getting a ticket. I've had a lot of vehicle interactions with the police in my lifetime. Quite a few of them times I got polite warnings or mini lectures. Most of the time I got what the law called for. They're not all out to get us.

http://i.imgur.com/nYTVG35.png

fj1200
09-04-2015, 04:37 PM
I suggest you don't drive around Atlanta. From the AL/GA border on I20 to the Atlanta Perimeter, if you are in the left lane, you better be running 85/90 or you will get run over.

Another Georgia member? :eek:

OAK
09-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Another Georgia member? :eek:Used to live in GA. Still visit once in a while.

indago
09-04-2015, 07:09 PM

Maybe he was having some coffee and doughnuts and didn't want to be bothered...

red state
09-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Shift change & terribly rainy or bitterly cold, windy days are the best days to speed or simply drive without complications. Late nights or VERY early in the mornings are terrible times.....don't do it!!!! HA!

sundaydriver
09-04-2015, 07:58 PM
Heck most of the new cars coming off the line are on;y capable of running just sp fast unless you get a high performance ship and re tune the computer.

All vehicles come equipped with an electronic speed governor programmed into the CPU. The manufactures set this to the type of tires that are standard on the car. Meaning if your model comes with speed rated tires the governor is set higher than the same model without speed rated tires. Example: My Camaro SS is set at a 163 mph limiter, the Z/28 with the exact same drivetrain is limited to 118 mph do to non speed rated tires. It all comes down to quality tires built to handle the air pressure buildup and temps of higher speeds.

Gunny
09-07-2015, 02:54 PM

I think he overinflated the ball.

darin
09-08-2015, 04:55 AM
If all vehicles had GPS speed limiters, they wouldn't have to spend money on speed control, nor pay for speed limit signs. Speeds would come down, better MPG and more money in the drivers pocket due to spending less on fuel. Also, less pollution.

YAY FASCISM!!!

:-/

Really can't understand how you support the government making laws 'for our own good'. God that's awful to consider.

Voted4Reagan
09-08-2015, 06:48 AM
Crash at 92mph and chances are you aren't coming out alive. Production cars are not designed to withstand high speed impacts.

so yes... by all means keep going almost 100 mph...

darin
09-08-2015, 07:48 AM
Freedom means danger.

tailfins
09-08-2015, 07:50 AM
Crash at 92mph and chances are you aren't coming out alive. Production cars are not designed to withstand high speed impacts.

so yes... by all means keep going almost 100 mph...

How fast do the vehicles you sell go, Mr. broom salesman? Note to lurkers: Voted4Reagan is a seller of occult paraphernalia.

http://st.depositphotos.com/1137361/1383/v/950/depositphotos_13830264-Flying-witch-on-a-broom.jpg

Gunny
09-08-2015, 08:00 AM
YAY FASCISM!!!

:-/

Really can't understand how you support the government making laws 'for our own good'. God that's awful to consider.

I think most of us quit supporting Mr Executive Order awhile ago. And why have faith in a government that has the power to stop him and does nothing?

Truth Detector
09-08-2015, 10:50 AM

Good lord; another liberal who hasn't any concept of what Liberty and responsibility means? :rolleyes:

Truth Detector
09-08-2015, 10:52 AM

Back in the day when autobahn so had no speed limits, the accidents were spectacular. Today some sanity has reigned and they now post speed limits; due to the density of cars now on the autobahn.

Those who who advocate no drug laws, no speed laws and no immigration laws haven't engaged their brains sufficiently before erupting with such dimwitted notions.

Gunny
09-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Good lord; another liberal who hasn't any concept of what Liberty and responsibility means? :rolleyes:

She's a Brit. Don't judge too harshly. The magna carta defines our liberty and it's been around since way before us. Every law we have is based on English law. I mentioned this in another thread ... we didn't invent English. We didn't even invent our laws. We tailored English Law to suit the guys that didn't want to pay their taxes,

What I want to know and never get an answer for, is if we committed tyranny against our King, then why do we have a government that robs us worse than he ever did? Hell, he only wanted me to pay for his damned tea. I can't walk out the door without the government wanting in my wallet.

I got a deal on a back window for one of the girls' cars for $150. So guess who gets the other $35 on top of that?

darin
09-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Back in the day when autobahn so had no speed limits, the accidents were spectacular. Today some sanity has reigned and they now post speed limits; due to the density of cars now on the autobahn.

Those who who advocate no drug laws, no speed laws and no immigration laws haven't engaged their brains sufficiently before erupting with such dimwitted notions.

Why not let people crash and die due to their stupidity? Honestly Autobahns - plenty of which have no speed limits - are the best reason to allow folks to drive faster. Allow folks to have a choice. Mile-per-mile, germans have among the lowest death rate.

Gunny
09-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Why not let people crash and die due to their stupidity? Honestly Autobahns - plenty of which have no speed limits - are the best reason to allow folks to drive faster. Allow folks to have a choice. Mile-per-mile, germans have among the lowest death rate.

My favorite is a guy pointing a gun at huis own head and the cops are pointing guns at him saying "don't shoot". WTF are you going to do? Shoot?

I don't care if people drive off cliffs. Just don't take any kids with you.

jimnyc
09-08-2015, 03:46 PM
How fast do the vehicles you sell go, Mr. broom salesman? Note to lurkers: Voted4Reagan is a seller of occult paraphernalia.

Enough. You've been asked to stop with this shit. Others may not know what this is about and who it's directed at - but I do, and I'm sure they do too. No more warnings on this. GO TO THE CAGE. Stop with the games and the jabs, or place one another on ignore. Sending a followup PM.

Gunny
09-08-2015, 04:29 PM
Enough. You've been asked to stop with this shit. Others may not know what this is about and who it's directed at - but I do, and I'm sure they do too. No more warnings on this. GO TO THE CAGE. Stop with the games and the jabs, or place one another on ignore. Sending a followup PM.

Me me me!:hyper:

Voted4Reagan
09-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Me me me!:hyper:

At ease Marine.... it ain't about Gunny Bunny

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7646&stc=1

tailfins
09-08-2015, 07:25 PM

1) I presume you sent a PM to both parties, right?
2) He started it.
3) The cage: There's no point in seeing how low I can sink, been there, done that.
4) I responded to V4R and only V4R. He admitted that he's a seller of occult paraphernalia.
5) I'm specifically telling you it was directed at him and only him.

However if you're offering advice on how to express opposition to the occult, I'm listening. Be assured, it's not limited to witchcraft. I equally despise reading of tea leaves, talking to the dead, Anton LaVey's outfit, Ouija boards, etc. etc, etc. Quite frankly, selling the paraphernalia is worse than just being a consumer, as it is with drugs.

You're not prohibiting opposition to the occult, are you?

The funny thing is that the book of Joshua in the Bible is the only thing that has led me to even consider be less hard-nosed on this matter.

NightTrain
09-08-2015, 08:32 PM
1) I presume you sent a PM to both parties, right?
2) He started it.
3) The cage: There's no point in seeing how low I can sink, been there, done that.
4) I responded to V4R and only V4R. He admitted that he's a seller of occult paraphernalia.
5) I'm specifically telling you it was directed at him and only him.

However if you're offering advice on how to express opposition to the occult, I'm listening. Be assured, it's not limited to witchcraft. I equally despise reading of tea leaves, talking to the dead, Anton LaVey's outfit, Ouija boards, etc. etc, etc. Quite frankly, selling the paraphernalia is worse than just being a consumer, as it is with drugs.

You're not prohibiting opposition to the occult, are you?

The funny thing is that the book of Joshua in the Bible is the only thing that has led me to even consider be less hard-nosed on this matter.

Staff decisions are not for debate.

Threadbanned.

Voted4Reagan
09-08-2015, 08:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k

Gunny
09-09-2015, 04:42 AM
At ease Marine.... it ain't about Gunny Bunny

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7646&stc=1

That's kind of a catchy outfit.:laugh:

Voted4Reagan
09-09-2015, 05:23 AM
That's kind of a catchy outfit.:laugh:

the eye patch makes you look like snake pliskin

Gunny
09-09-2015, 05:27 AM
the eye patch makes you look like snake pliskin

You forgot the skin tight pleather pants that make my balls ache just thinking about them. :laugh:

Voted4Reagan
09-09-2015, 05:53 AM
You forgot the skin tight pleather pants that make my balls ache just thinking about them. :laugh:

Ok... I will NOT picture that.... thats too weird Gunny.... JUST SAY NO!!!