PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday, Nov 4 is a quite important day!

gabosaurus
11-03-2014, 11:00 AM
My daughter has her first tryout for the high school Music and Art program. Applicants have to survive two or three cuts to get in.

It is going to be an extremely nerve-racking time. The rest of Tuesday's events pale in comparison. :unsure:

Pernicious
11-03-2014, 11:11 AM
Horrific Taboo: Female Circumcision on the Rise in U.S.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/horrific-taboo-female-circumcision-rise-u-s-n66226

jimnyc
11-03-2014, 11:23 AM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/horrific-taboo-female-circumcision-rise-u-s-n66226

WTF? You don't like her doing shit in your threads and you do this? And about a child no less?

Thread banned as well.

gabosaurus
11-05-2014, 10:29 AM
In the only REALLY important event on Tuesday, my daughter aced her first audition for the high school of performing arts. She still needs work on her posture and tone, but her playing received highest marks. Mom is overjoyed. :cool:

DLT
11-05-2014, 10:46 AM
My daughter has her first tryout for the high school Music and Art program. Applicants have to survive two or three cuts to get in.

It is going to be an extremely nerve-racking time. The rest of Tuesday's events pale in comparison. :unsure:

Good luck to your daughter!

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-05-2014, 10:51 AM

You should know the rules in the lounge do not allow that kind of reply..
Just sayin'...... --Tyr

Jeff
11-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Good Luck to her Gabs

jimnyc
11-05-2014, 01:38 PM
In the only REALLY important event on Tuesday, my daughter aced her first audition for the high school of performing arts. She still needs work on her posture and tone, but her playing received highest marks. Mom is overjoyed. :cool:

Good for her! How old is she now? I know you probably recently told us...

And what specifically about the performing arts? She going to be in a play then? Cheerleading? Fill us in more, for the guys, the type of guys who didn't remotely pay attention to such things when they were in HS! My goal was to get in no earlier than a second before class started, get good grades to avoid a beating, and be out of school within seconds of the bell ringing. The only time I really stayed late to participate was for detention! :)

gabosaurus
11-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Good for her! How old is she now? I know you probably recently told us...

And what specifically about the performing arts? She going to be in a play then? Cheerleading? Fill us in more, for the guys, the type of guys who didn't remotely pay attention to such things when they were in HS! My goal was to get in no earlier than a second before class started, get good grades to avoid a beating, and be out of school within seconds of the bell ringing. The only time I really stayed late to participate was for detention! :)

My daughter plays piano. The performing arts high school is for those who specialize in vocal or instrumental music. You take the same classes, but you receive individual instruction from actual musicians. It requires a massive time commitment, usually 2-3 hours after normal school hours.

Kathianne
11-07-2014, 01:12 AM
You should know the rules in the lounge do not allow that kind of reply..
Just sayin'...... --Tyr
I agree, which may be reason to limit those in lounge, but right now my internet connection is too iffy to deal with. Hopefully someone on staff will deal with.