PDA

View Full Version : Alaska now a stoner state!

gabosaurus
11-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Congrats to Alaska for its vote to legalize pot. You folks need something to get you through the long winter. :cheers2:

http://www.adn.com/article/20141104/alaskans-vote-legalize-marijuana

jimnyc
11-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Hey, NT!!! From what I read, it takes 90 days from election day to be certified. Can I come play Cheech and Chong in 91 days? :420:

Believe it or not, Washington DC passed it as well, as I believe Oregon. But the government in DC needs to certify themselves, AND it needs to pass congressional review, since the government is the owner there. Wouldn't surprise me if they shoot it down.

stephanie
11-07-2014, 05:02 PM
If I recall Alaska used to have Marijuana decriminalized and they changed it around the time I moved up there in 1993

Nighttrain would know more on it

But from what I've heard, they grow some wicked stuff down around Wasilla

NightTrain
11-07-2014, 11:39 PM
It's been legal to have in your home for a long time here. However, if a cop pulls you over and finds it in your car, you're in trouble.

Now it will be legal to buy and have, and I imagine that there will be dispensaries springing up all over the place. Wasilla & Palmer will probably be the pot-growing capitol of the world... MTF (Matanuska Thunder Fuck) was born here, and it was legendary. Wickedly potent. 22 hours of direct sunlight does magnificent things to produce.

Anyway... I have mixed feelings about it. I don't smoke, but don't begrudge others for doing so. My problem is de-stigmatizing it and making it like booze so that kids will use it more frequently like drinking beer.

On the other hand, it's stupid to be throwing people in jail for years at a stretch over having or growing pot. Huge waste all the way around.