PDA

View Full Version : A complete rejection of President Obama, his agenda, and his ideology

Little-Acorn
11-05-2014, 12:48 PM
Republicans who swept the Democrats from office last night, didn't run as a party with a stated agenda.

Many of the individual candidates ran on disagreeing with Obamacare and wanting it repealed. Others ran on the poor condition of the economy and the leftist actions that prolonged the recession for so long.

Overall, the election showed, not so much the people's approval of Republicans (which has been lukewarm for more than a decade), but on virulent rejection of President Obama and his agenda, his results, and his and ideology.

---------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/11/04/2014-midterms-complete-rejection-president-obama-his-agenda-and-his-leadership/

Democrats and Republicans alike predicted that November 4 would be a big night for the GOP. The polling had indicated that the election – in the Senate and on the state level – was going to go their direction.

What began as cautious optimism has ended up just about as well as could have ever been expected. Even in races where Republicans didn’t end up with a victory, we saw closer races than predicted.

Tuesday night wasn’t about campaigns – it was about a deeply unpopular president. And it was about negativity and dirty tactics.

All in all, the net negative view of President Obama was over 30 points in battleground states.

This election represents a complete rejection of the president, his agenda and his leadership.

This is true in traditionally Republican states, but crucially in the states that defined his victory in both 2008 and 2012.

Newt Gingrich argued on CNN this evening that these tight races across the nation indicates that campaigns actually matter and that tonight is a good for American democracy.

I respectfully disagree. Tuesday night wasn’t about campaigns – it was about a deeply unpopular president, and American abhorrence of what he and his allies tried to do.

To this end, Tuesday night’s final result isn’t anything but deeply disheartening.

DLT
11-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Republicans who swept the Democrats from office last night, didn't run as a party with a stated agenda.

Many of the individual candidates ran on disagreeing with Obamacare and wanting it repealed. Others ran on the poor condition of the economy and the leftist actions that prolonged the recession for so long.

Overall, the election showed, not so much the people's approval of Republicans (which has been lukewarm for more than a decade), but on virulent rejection of President Obama and his agenda, his results, and his and ideology.

---------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/11/04/2014-midterms-complete-rejection-president-obama-his-agenda-and-his-leadership/

Democrats and Republicans alike predicted that November 4 would be a big night for the GOP. The polling had indicated that the election – in the Senate and on the state level – was going to go their direction.

What began as cautious optimism has ended up just about as well as could have ever been expected. Even in races where Republicans didn’t end up with a victory, we saw closer races than predicted.

Tuesday night wasn’t about campaigns – it was about a deeply unpopular president. And it was about negativity and dirty tactics.

All in all, the net negative view of President Obama was over 30 points in battleground states.

This election represents a complete rejection of the president, his agenda and his leadership.

This is true in traditionally Republican states, but crucially in the states that defined his victory in both 2008 and 2012.

Newt Gingrich argued on CNN this evening that these tight races across the nation indicates that campaigns actually matter and that tonight is a good for American democracy.

I respectfully disagree. Tuesday night wasn’t about campaigns – it was about a deeply unpopular president, and American abhorrence of what he and his allies tried to do.

To this end, Tuesday night’s final result isn’t anything but deeply disheartening.

Exactly. Rush is talking right now about how wrong the exit polls were/are. Deliberate disinformation much?

Hell...the Dallas County website still has all the DemocRats winning...lol. I figure they gave up trying to skew the results and either went out and got drunk, left the country....or committed hari kari.

jimnyc
11-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Exactly. Rush is talking right now about how wrong the exit polls were/are. Deliberate disinformation much?

Hell...the Dallas County website still has all the DemocRats winning...lol. I figure they gave up trying to skew the results and either went out and got drunk, left the country....or committed hari kari.

Too busy yesterday and today, and was gonna ask: how many people out there are declaring that the (R)'s cheated? And that it was rigged and such....

Somewhere out there today there is a message board member named "Truthmatters" who is claiming things were rigged, while she pulls more and more of her hair out. She did that daily prior to the election, so of course it wouldn't be anything new.

DLT
11-05-2014, 05:30 PM
Too busy yesterday and today, and was gonna ask: how many people out there are declaring that the (R)'s cheated? And that it was rigged and such....

Somewhere out there today there is a message board member named "Truthmatters" who is claiming things were rigged, while she pulls more and more of her hair out. She did that daily prior to the election, so of course it wouldn't be anything new.

Yeah, I had to go out shopping to day (yechy rainy day)....and haven't had time to look around much. But I did hear Juan Williams say something about "something's going on" re: the election results. He didn't elaborate, but I can guess what he was thinking.

The truth is .....enough people were fed up enough to get off their lazy rears and go vote this time. About damned time, eh? Whenver that happens, all of the Democrat voter and election fraud in the country can't overcome it. That is what we need ALL the time. Interest and concern. It gives me a glimmer of hope that maybe this nation isn't lost after all. I just hope it's not a false hope.

aboutime
11-05-2014, 05:46 PM
?
Of course, the losers always try to use their reverse psychology tactics when...THEIR cheating isn't successful.

Truth is. IF, and only IF the Republicans were as crooked as the whining Dems say they are. It only proves the Republicans aren't as good, or proficient at cheating with VOTER FRAUD as the Dem's.

And, as I witnessed yesterday at the polls. IF the Dems aren't trying to hide their tactics by accusing Repub's for cheating. Why would the Republicans RIG voting machines to automatically switch R votes into D votes?

Oh..and let's not forget. The Dem's have a coverup story to explain that too! They just try to make it look like the R's did that to lay blame on the D's. All the while, taking the extreme chance on Losing???

Somehow that sounds like Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Obama, and the entire DNC playbook plan in the first place.

All based on NIXON-LIKE deniability....of course.

gabosaurus
11-05-2014, 06:23 PM

Only Republicans complain about being cheated when they lose elections (re: 2008 and 2012). Dems normally accept when they are whooped.

Little-Acorn
11-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Only Republicans complain about being cheated when they lose elections (re: 2008 and 2012). Dems normally accept when they are whooped.

Democrats can hardly complain about cheating, when they are the ones who cheated, now can they? :poke:

aboutime
11-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Really gabby. Guess you weren't old enough in 2000, when Democrats turned Florida upside down over AL GORE's loss to Bush?

Bilgerat
11-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Really gabby. Guess you weren't old enough in 2000, when Democrats turned Florida upside down over AL GORE's loss to Bush?

Can we count them with our nose?
Can we count them with our toes?
Should we count them with a band?
Should we count them all by hand?
If I do not like the count,
I will simply throw them out!

I will not let this vote count stand
I do not like them, AL GORE I am!

Can we change these numbers here?
Can we change them, calm my fears?
What do you mean, Dubya has won?
This is not fair, this is not fun
Lets count them upside down this time
Lets count until the state is mine!

I will not let this VOTE count stand!
I do not like it, AL GORE I am!

I'm really ticked, I'm in a snit!
You have not heard the last of it!
I'll count the ballots one by one
And hold each one up to the sun!
I'll count, recount, and count some more!
You'll grow to hate this little chore

But I will not, cannot let this vote count stand!
I do not like it, Al Gore I am!

I won't leave office, I'm stayin' here!
I've glued my desk chair to my rear!
Tipper, Hillary, and Bubba too,
all telling me that I should sue!
We find the Electoral College vile!
RECOUNT the votes until I smile!

We do not want this vote to stand!
We do not like it, AL GORE I am!

How shall we count this ballot box?
Let's count it standing in our socks!
Shall we count this one in a tree?
And who shall count it, you or me?
We cannot, cannot count enough!
We must not stop, we must be tough!

I do not want this vote to stand!
I do not like it AL GORE I am!

I've counted till my fingers bleed!
And still can't fulfill my counting need!
I'll count the tiles on the floor!
I'll count, and count, and count some more!
And I will not say that I am done!
Until the counting says I've won!

I will not let this vote count stand!
I do not like it, AL GORE I am!

What's that? What? What are you trying to say?
You think the current count should stay?
You do not like my counting scheme?
It makes you tense, gives you bad dreams?
Foolish people, you're wrong you'll see!
Your only care should be for me!

I will not let this vote count stand!
I do not like it, Al Gore I am!