PDA

View Full Version : Same lie, different day (yawn)

Little-Acorn
11-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Is there any reason to believe him this time?

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/tmdsu14110520141106063614.jpg

aboutime
11-06-2014, 03:35 PM
nope!

gabosaurus
11-06-2014, 04:22 PM
If Obama gets bored with fighting with Congress, he can always spy on the American people. Past lame duck presidents have entertained themselves in that manner.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-10-nsa_x.htm

jimnyc
11-06-2014, 04:28 PM
He'll work with (R)'s, and I'm sure his last 2 years will be the "most transparent administration ever" and they'll put everything online in advance to let the people read before votes... ALL bullshit. All politicians suck and all presidents have crap in their closets, no doubt about that, but I don't believe ANYTHING that comes out of this mans mouth, or that of his wife.

And him wanting to work with (R)'s suddenly is laughable. If I were the Republicans in congress, I think and act for what is best for this country, and give ZERO ground to Obama unless it aligns with what is best for this country.

revelarts
11-06-2014, 04:30 PM
If Obama gets bored with fighting with Congress, he can always spy on the American people. Past lame duck presidents have entertained themselves in that manner.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-10-nsa_x.htm

Or put people in jail indefinitely.

Or kill more people who look like "terrorist" willy nilly in drone strikes.

Or start a BRAND NEW war.
Neither Bush or Obama care about asking congress for permission for that nowadays either.

gabosaurus
11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
If I was the Republican leadership in Congress, I would make every effort to work with Obama. I would encourage the membership to be as diplomatic and cordial as possible. I would make sure to promote and pass legislation that is good for the country as a whole.
Why? To promote a positive image in preparation for the 2016 election.

At the present time, public opinion of Congress is even lower than the White House. A Congress that does nothing but exploit the bully pulpit will swing public opinion back to the Dem side.
Remember that Obama is not up for re-election. The Dems will exile him to oblivion, just like the GOP did to Bush in 2008.
Putting forth a brave and cooperative face increases GOP chances of holding Congress and taking the White House. Ugly fights and dissent will lead to a huge public backlash. And a swing to the left.

jimnyc
11-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Or put people in jail indefinitely.

Or kill more people who look like "terrorist" willy nilly in drone strikes.

Or start a BRAND NEW war.
Neither Bush or Obama care about asking congress for permission for that nowadays either.

Obama to seek new war powers from Congress

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama said Wednesday he would work with Congress on new war powers to fight Islamic State militants and expressed cautious optimism about whether the international face-off over Iran's nuclear program will be resolved — two issues that could prove harder for the White House to maneuver with Republicans in charge on Capitol Hill.

Obama spoke at a news conference the day after his party was thrashed by Republicans in elections, leaving the Republicans soon to be in charge of both the House and the Senate.

When he approved U.S. airstrikes in late September against extremists who have captured territory across Syria and Iraq, Obama used legal grounds of congressional authorizations that President George W. Bush relied on more than a decade ago. The White House maintained then that the Bush-era congressional authorizations for the war on al-Qaida and the Iraq invasion gave Obama authority to act without new approval by Congress under the 1973 War Powers Act.

That law, passed during the Vietnam War, serves as a constitutional check on presidential power to declare war without congressional consent. It requires presidents to notify Congress within 48 hours of military action and limits the use of military forces to no more than 60 days unless Congress authorizes force or declares war.

Now, however, Obama said a new military authorization is one of a few areas where he will seek to work with lawmakers during the lame-duck session before a new Congress is seated in January.

"The idea is to right-size and update whatever authorization Congress provides to suit the current fight rather than previous fights," Obama told reporters at the White House.

He said he would update congressional leaders about the fight against IS during meetings on Friday. He said he wanted to start now to craft new authorization, but that completing it could carry over into next year when a new Congress will usher in Republican control of the Senate.

Sen. Robert Menendez, a Democrat and chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, said Wednesday that he has made clear that a new authorization was needed and that any prolonged military campaign requires a new authorization approved by Congress. He said he would start the process in the days ahead and that the committee would hold hearings on Iraq and Syria beginning next week. "It is incumbent that Congress take the lead in authorizing the use of force," Menendez said.

In September, during a heated congressional debate over training moderate Syrian rebels, House Speaker John Boehner, a Republican said a new authorization was something that lawmakers should consider. But he also suggested the lame-duck session was the wrong time to do it and that the vote should wait until next year.

Rep. Adam Schiff, a Democrat and a member of the House Intelligence Committee, on Wednesday called on Boehner to schedule a vote on a new authorization before the current Congress draws to a close. In a letter to the House speaker, Schiff said no president has the power to commit its citizens to war without Congress, insisting it was "not a decision that can or should wait until 2015."

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-seek-war-powers-congress-232512196.html;_ylt=A0LEVzSk6VtU_J0AT9lXNyoA;_ylu= X3oDMTEzaXQ4cmF2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA2JmMQR2dG lkA1ZJUDQzOV8x

LongTermGuy
11-06-2014, 07:04 PM
*Bush wasn't perfect...But obama is the most dangerous and caused the most damage to America and AMERICANS....he is still going against the AMERICAN people...even after last night election....

`How can anyone compare Obama to `Mr Bush`........or even mention their names together in the same sentence....:no:

aboutime
11-06-2014, 08:09 PM
*Bush wasn't perfect...But obama is the most dangerous and caused the most damage to America and AMERICANS....he is still going against the AMERICAN people...even after last night election....

`How can anyone compare Obama to `Mr Bush`........or even mention their names together in the same sentence....:no:

LongTermGuy. But,...you forgot that they always MUST mention Bush's name when,...as always, they need someone to blame!:laugh:

LongTermGuy
11-06-2014, 08:13 PM
LongTermGuy. But,...you forgot that they always MUST mention Bush's name when,...as always, they need someone to blame!:laugh:

`Yes my friend.....I know...:laugh:......

Jeff
11-07-2014, 12:27 AM

Wrong, they are all racist :laugh:

Jeff
11-07-2014, 12:29 AM
If I was the Republican leadership in Congress, I would make every effort to work with Obama. I would encourage the membership to be as diplomatic and cordial as possible. I would make sure to promote and pass legislation that is good for the country as a whole.
Why? To promote a positive image in preparation for the 2016 election.

At the present time, public opinion of Congress is even lower than the White House. A Congress that does nothing but exploit the bully pulpit will swing public opinion back to the Dem side.
Remember that Obama is not up for re-election. The Dems will exile him to oblivion, just like the GOP did to Bush in 2008.
Putting forth a brave and cooperative face increases GOP chances of holding Congress and taking the White House. Ugly fights and dissent will lead to a huge public backlash. And a swing to the left.

I agree Gabs, but I want to add Obama will finally do what he promised 6 years ago, he will work with the R's he will make everything public, hell he will be a alter boy for the next 2 years in hopes people will forget what he did the first 6.

gabosaurus
11-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Sorry Jeff, but NO politician of either party will EVER vote to make government public or transparent. It would expose Washington's sordid world of greed and corruption.

Jeff
11-07-2014, 01:08 AM
Sorry Jeff, but NO politician of either party will EVER vote to make government public or transparent. It would expose Washington's sordid world of greed and corruption.

Well he did promise he would, so how about he shows more than he has, because you are right they are all about lining there own pockets first.

Kathianne
11-07-2014, 01:14 AM
Is there any reason to believe him this time?

http://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car/b/tmdsu14110520141106063614.jpg

Too his credit or not, that's not what he said. Indeed, he pretty much claimed to see a 'go it alone, via executive orders.'

I think Bonior today and McConnell yesterday did a decent job of sticks and carrots.