PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin pushing impeachment: 'Bring on the investigations'

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-06-2014, 08:50 PM
http://www.examiner.com/article/sarah-palin-pushing-impeachment-bring-on-the-investigations

Sarah Palin pushing impeachment: 'Bring on the investigations'
.................................................. ......

"We need to get in there and start those investigations," she said during an interview with the Fox Business Network’s Stuart Varney on Wednesday. "The Democrats would, had this been a Republican president who so walked all over the will of the American people … and stomped on our Constitution. The American people are expecting them to hold their president accountable."

Varney questioned the idea of impeachment, saying it could create backlash against Republicans, and hurt their chances of taking the White House in 2016. Palin strongly countered that politics should not play into the decision. It is a matter of upholding the Constitution as far as she's concerned.

"It’s the right thing to do though, Stuart, Palin said, "Put politics aside and do the right thing. The constitutional duty and responsibility that they have, that is to hold this president accountable."

But Sarah Palin isn't the only person talking impeachment. It seems Michelle Obama has that subject on her mind as well. WND reported just before the election that even the first lady was talking about impeachment. In a fundraising email sent in the days leading up to the midterm elections, Mrs. Obama wrote, "I’ll put it frankly: If we lose these midterm elections, we’ll just see more obstruction, more lawsuits and talk about impeachment, and more votes to repeal the Affordable Care Act or even shut down the government."

GOP leadership doesn't seem to be interested in pursuing the impeachment option. In July, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, accused Democrats of playing politics when they claimed the House GOP wanted to impeach Obama, saying it was "a scam started by Democrats at the White House."

"This whole talk about impeachment is coming from the president’s own staff and coming from Democrats on Capitol Hill," Boehner said at the time. "Why? Because they’re trying to rally their people to give money and to show up in this year’s election."

At least one administration official is still talking impeachment. According to Reuters, top White House advisor Dan Pfeiffer said the president’s planned executive orders on immigration could cause some members of the GOP to push for impeachment..

"The president acting on immigration reform will certainly up the likelihood that they would contemplate impeachment," the Reuters report quoted Pfeiffer as saying. Pfieffer also said it would be "foolish" to overlook the possibility

And why not? Has he not engaged in treason? Or at the very least high crimes and misdemeanors?
Several Constitutional scholars have pointed out his doing so.. --Tyr

aboutime
11-06-2014, 09:00 PM
She's a citizen like the rest of us now. How many of us wish we had to power to broadcast what ALL OF US have wished for over the last six years?

Go Sarah. Good to see somebody still has the balls to speak without fear of being slammed. Oh, wait. They do already!

LongTermGuy
11-06-2014, 09:01 PM
http://ozmud.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/sarah-impeach-obama.jpg?w=510

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsFyDKACEAAWLdH.jpg:medium

KarlMarx
11-06-2014, 09:59 PM
This is one of those situations where you know if you look under the rocks, you'll find not only what you were afraid of finding... And much worse

Barack Obama should be investigated, impeached, tried, convicted, sent to prison, and rot there. The man is a three faced lying bucket of crap

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

NightTrain
11-06-2014, 10:20 PM
As we've discussed before, impeaching him might be political suicide for 2016. Not many politicians want to revisit the fallout from Clinton's impeachment.

That being said, I fully support hammering Obama on each and every one of his unlawful acts as POTUS.

The Law is the Law, and it IS their duty to pursue a rogue President and hold him accountable - and he is a rogue, by any honest measure.

The reality is, though, that politicians care about their re-election more than any other issue. Possibly Cruz is the exception, but I think he was surprised by the lack of backup he received as the others looked around and withheld their support. He stuck his neck out and very few joined ranks, because they were afraid of the repercussions.

The shameful way the Senate under Reid behaved is inexcusable, along with every other politician that went along with Obama's shenanigans. Scandal after scandal and nothing happened. It shouldn't matter what party they caucus with, wrong is wrong and the law is the law.

Jeff
11-07-2014, 12:05 AM
They will never prosecute him, he wont be impeached for the same reason he was elected, his skin color. If they where to convict and punish we would have a race war in this country ( yes it's coming ) but this would push us right into it. But just in case someone grows some Ba11s Lock and Load !!!

Go Sarah, she seems to have the biggest set !!! I still think she would of been the best choice 6 years ago.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-07-2014, 08:03 AM
This is one of those situations where you know if you look under the rocks, you'll find not only what you were afraid of finding... And much worse

Barack Obama should be investigated, impeached, tried, convicted, sent to prison, and rot there. The man is a three faced lying bucket of crap

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to KarlMarx again. :beer: :beer: Tyr

fj1200
11-07-2014, 09:37 AM
As we've discussed before, impeaching him might be political suicide for 2016. Not many politicians want to revisit the fallout from Clinton's impeachment.

Yeah, I'd prefer to not shoot ourselves in the foot before we've even had a chance to advance some conservative causes.

Olivia
11-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Don't impeach him, de fund him.

Thunderknuckles
11-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Fj and Nightrain have the right of it. This would be political suicide right after such a successful mid-term. I'm starting to wonder if Sarah Palin is an undercover Democratic operative :p

As Fj said, advance some conservative causes and gain some momentum for 2016 and we will win the White House. Obama is nearing lame duck status and I hope he fires off that last executive action on immigration to seal the deal :)

gabosaurus
11-07-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Sarah Palin is an undercover Democratic operative :p

Palin supports no one but herself. She is desperate to remain relevant in order to retain her faint hope of regaining some sort of political stature in 2016. Allowing Palin to be a part of the 2016 campaign would be political suicide for the GOP.

http://0.tqn.com/y/politicalhumor/1/S/p/Q/2/palin-whoosh.jpg

Thunderknuckles
11-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Palin supports no one but herself. She is desperate to remain relevant in order to retain her faint hope of regaining some sort of political stature in 2016. Allowing Palin to be a part of the 2016 campaign would be political suicide for the GOP.

Can't disagree with you. I really do wonder why Palin thinks this would be a good thing. She's either delusional or just pandering to her audience. No need to answer which, I know what side you fall on :)