PDA

View Full Version : `New Bill by Bernie Sanders: Make Election Day a Holiday`

LongTermGuy
11-08-2014, 10:24 PM
`Make Election Day a National Holiday`

~ `Sen. Bernie Sanders has proposed a bill to designate "Democracy Day" as a national election holiday to make it easier for Americans to vote.

Nationwide, preliminary indications are that the total turnout for the 2014 elections was only 36.6 percent, according to the United States Elections Project at the University of Florida.

In America, we should be celebrating our democracy and doing everything possible to make it easier for people to participate in the political process. Election Day should be a national holiday so that everyone has the time and opportunity to vote. While this would not be a cure-all, it would indicate a national commitment to create a more vibrant democracy.` ~

http://www.sanders.senate.gov/democracyday

`Questions: Who benefits from the holiday? `

`What segment that didn't vote....would vote if it's a holiday?`

NightTrain
11-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Obviously the working American voter would benefit, but I have yet to see any employer frown on employees voting during the workday.

darin
11-09-2014, 12:03 PM
As if the base of the democrat party has jobs anyway....

fj1200
11-09-2014, 08:13 PM
I've been for moving election day to November 11 for awhile now.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-09-2014, 10:58 PM
I've been for moving election day to November 11 for awhile now.

9/11 would be a more fitting day IMHO. Could possibly remind some of the idiots what-- THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE VOTING FOR.
That is if the dem ever stop increasing their vote buying freebie giving social programs.
Which is another task for the New Congress about to be sworn in.
Take billions from the vote buying programs to seal our Southern border and start deportation of illegals on a massive scale..
Will not happen because justice, truth and our "freedoms/rights" mean nothing to the dem vermin in power.--Tyr