PDA

View Full Version : Incoming GOP Senators Start Laying Out Plan

NightTrain
11-09-2014, 11:36 AM
This is a good start... but the rest of them had better start kicking ass and fixing things. I'm feeling confident that they will.

Republicans have an opportunity to show the entire country what conservative principles will do when applied. If they sit on their collective asses, then they deserve to be thrown out of power in '16.

Two incoming Republican senators on Sunday laid out an aggressive agenda for themselves and the rest of the GOP-controlled Congress next year, including passing bills on the Keystone pipeline and immigration reform, and undoing new EPA rules and parts of ObamaCare.

West Virginia Sen.-elect Shelley Moore Capito told “Fox News Sunday” that her state’s economy is already suffering from new Environmental Protection Agency rules on coal, including the loss of at least 5,000 jobs, and that she wants to “roll back” changes.

“We’ve been picked as a loser, and I’m not going to stand for it,” said Capito, West Virginia’s first Republican senator since 1956.

Colorado Sen.-elect Cory Gardner, another of the seven Republicans to unseat a Senate Democrat on Tuesday, told Fox News that the GOP-led agenda should include approving Keystone, eliminating the Affordable Care Act's medical-device tax and passing immigration reform.

“Let’s start with border security,” he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/09/incoming-gop-senators-set-agenda-with-obamacare-keystone-and-epa-topping-list/

I'm waiting for Obama to pull the Executive Order on immigration as he promised to do after the elections - if he does so, then the gloves need to come off and there needs to be a major public shitstorm to reign him in with both the House and the Senate united in making an example of how things will go when he performs his usual end-run around Congress.

You play by the rules, or get your nose swatted with the newspaper.

fj1200
11-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Looks like a good start but corporate tax reform needs to happen sooner than later.

Neo
11-09-2014, 08:04 PM
This is a good start... but the rest of them had better start kicking ass and fixing things. I'm feeling confident that they will.

Republicans have an opportunity to show the entire country what conservative principles will do when applied. If they sit on their collective asses, then they deserve to be thrown out of power in '16.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/09/incoming-gop-senators-set-agenda-with-obamacare-keystone-and-epa-topping-list/

I'm waiting for Obama to pull the Executive Order on immigration as he promised to do after the elections - if he does so, then the gloves need to come off and there needs to be a major public shitstorm to reign him in with both the House and the Senate united in making an example of how things will go when he performs his usual end-run around Congress.

You play by the rules, or get your nose swatted with the newspaper.

SPOT ON!:salute::clap: