PDA

View Full Version : I vote that this subject area be closed...

revelarts
11-10-2014, 03:15 AM
I vote that this subject area be closed...

I can't see how these area will help race relations.
I suspect posters will used it to show ANOTHER race ..doing things wrongs.
Never their own race and be upset about their race being portrayed in a negative light over and over again.

Unless people are going to use it to show and promote examples of ONLY GOOD relations among human beings.
Or getting a better Understanding where other people are coming from.
But I suspect that won't be the case.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-10-2014, 10:37 AM
I vote that this subject area be closed...

I can't see how these area will help race relations.
I suspect posters will used it to show ANOTHER race ..doing things wrongs.
Never their own race and be upset about their race being portrayed in a negative light over and over again.

Unless people are going to use it to show and promote examples of ONLY GOOD relations among human beings.
Or getting a better Understanding where other people are coming from.
But I suspect that won't be the case.

O' really..
You Rev. now calling for less exposure of the truth for all to see. Why?

Why suggest suppression if facts are presented?

HE THAT DENIES TRUTH SERVES THE MASTER OF ALL LIES MY FRIEND..

DO I HAVE TO NAME THAT MASTER?

Lets not champion more of the damn head in the sand PC CRAP THAT THE GOVERNMENT AND LEFTIES/LIBS ARE SO FOND OF TO PROMOTE THEIR POWER.--Tyr

jimnyc
11-10-2014, 11:49 AM
I am going to be very forthcoming about where I stand on this issue.

I think the current events section and politics should have been sufficient. I have no problem with a bad story involving race is posted. By bad I mean something others may see as racist/offensive. Obviously I have no issue if someone wants to post nice things about other races.

What I would rather not see is race being mostly all someone posts about, or all they post about. I'd rather not open the current events section and see it littered with racial stuff. I would rather not look at the last 10 posts at the top of the board and see them all about black people. Those that know me will remember my stance on certain crimes, by which races, welfare, children out of wedlock and many other issues. But I don't need to come here and make that my main reason for being here, and litter the board with racist stuff. I don't mind a discussion on it, but this board is about many things. I'm not going to have future and potential members, or guests, looking at this board and thinking it's a racist hangout. I have no issue if they see racial threads and good discussions or even heated discussion. That's still not the same as seeing racial stuff over and over and over. Yes, there IS a difference.

So I created this section, to keep the threads in one area, that hopefully others don't have to read if they don't want to. And threads in this section don't show up under "new posts" nor at the top of the board statistics.

Am I censoring? I don't think so. I WANT people to be able to discuss whatever they want, I really do. But I have the entire board to look out for, all of our current members and all future members/guests. I don't see an issue with people being able to discuss racial stuff as heated as they like, and be racist if they like. But when they start creating thread after thread - that affects all of us, the entire board. And many wanted to discuss racial things about Obama, and other members of the political arena. And that changes when the race threads turn to everyday mundane things and crimes. Sometimes enough is enough is all. If it were a part of regular posting, I would have left it alone. When it takes over the board, I cordoned it off a bit. I don't think this is as much about a new forum and it's results, but about a large and sudden increase on a certain subject matter. Until I saw if things evened out, or got better, I thought it best to draw a middle line, kinda like the cage.

Of course I'm open to feedback, but I think ya get the idea where I lean a tad on this one. And the ironic thing is that if we discussed the subjects I mentioned initially, I would be labeled a racist and debate the subject passionately on a few levels. But that doesn't mean I want DP to turn into what others would perceive as an online KKK board.

fj1200
11-10-2014, 12:44 PM
I am going to be very forthcoming about where I stand on this issue.

Rev is right but if you're not going to censor the types of threads that are posted then at least there is an appropriate forum. Unfortunately we have a small group of people who would post news stories that reinforce their narrative rather than discuss policy.

revelarts
11-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Jim I see where your coming from and sorta get it.

But I think my short comment above gives you my take.
And see here's a bit of reasoning behind the comment
I think the thread about the black teacher who posted that "white people should die" (or something close to that.) Is an example of taking a story about a racist, then the thread post goes into Obama, Sharpton, rap, "black culture", the new black panthers and finally basically all black people. except for Allen West, Dr. Ben Carson and Thomas Sowell and the one or 2 black people that they met that they like.
As FJ said it just becomes a place to promo a negative narrative.
Not a place to think about improving or working positively on "race relations".

In the Black teacher thread I tried flipped the script to try to make the point that just because some people in of race are racist it doesn't mean they all are or they all support them.
Does it make sense to bring up the Klan at every instance of a whites racially insulting/threatening Blacks or Asians or Hispanics or Jews or Arabs or Native Americans etc?

It's unfair and not realistic, right..... or so i'm told.
But now that i think about it hmmm.
Are all white people closet racist? And hate all blacks etc in their hearts? well now I wonder?

naaw.

But somehow the flip side is ..truer than true can be... for some people here.

If the sections goes the way I'd suspect you should change the title to , post every horror a black person's ever done, real or imagined area, and then rag on all Blacks and other minorities.... In the name of Jesus.

maybe shorter than that title but something like that.

revelarts
11-10-2014, 01:23 PM
as a parting shot to this section just want to maybe give some perspective I want to mention a few things that have come up several times lately.

NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY

the New black panthers are brought up as if the whole black populations is backing or joining them.
Now they've got a web site and they claim they just broke the membership # of 2000 who've signed up online.

OK so there are about 50 million blacks in the U.S. i think. over 3 million in New York city alone.

but what keeps coming up on this board fear an loathing over the "new black panthers". the same pic of 2 guys at a polls. they are not a serious or threatening group except to some people minds. and they do not come close to representing most black peoples views.

I suspect that the FL chapter of the Klan has more than 2000 members.

Here's a report of 2 FL police with KKK ties that the FBI exposed and they got fired.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maMq9i0bd8Y

Do the Black panthers have men on police jobs , there are reports that there are quite a few KKK related police around the country. any OUTRAGE over that or is it just the Black panthers we have to worry about?

Are the KKK and NEO-Nazi groups and SOME militia the thing we need to post about on a daily basis in a Race relations thread.? and uses as PROOF that ALL whites are in fact racist. "if you can't see that you must be blind!! and in league with the father of lies!"

here's a story about Neo-Nazis and white supremacist in the U.S. military
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/21/us-army-white-supremacists_n_1815137.html

Sarcasm Alert Sarcasm Alert Sarcasm Alert Sarcasm Alert
Doesn't that PROVE that all whites are racist and fascist? don't you see. Blacks need to arm themselves against this white invasion. All the whites have bought guns... to kill Black people. the stop and frisk in NY is only in the black neighborhoods, because whites HATE blacks that's the ONLY reason. The only reason Obama is president is because he's HALF WHITE. That's the half that whites voted for. It's obvious folks.
And whenever whites uses a racial slur it only shows that-- to core of their white souls ---they hate black people with a murderous passion passed down through the generations. And you don't even need them to say it. you should just KNOW that whites hate everyone who's not white. It's a FACT. You're blind and ignorant if you don't see it. Whites went to midle east killed stole & destroyed, went to africa killed stole & destroyed , to the americas killed stole & destroyed, to Asia what did they do? ... you got it... killed stole & destroyed!! We know who came to kill steal and destroy don't we... read your Bible!
Don't get me wrong, there are FEW GOOD ONES though. I've met a few. and one or 2 in politics sure... I'll admit that. but On the WHOLE whites are just a killing stealing & destroying hate filled culture, they can't help it. and want to destroy minorities... in the name of Jesus Christ.

jimnyc
11-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Rev is right but if you're not going to censor the types of threads that are posted then at least there is an appropriate forum. Unfortunately we have a small group of people who would post news stories that reinforce their narrative rather than discuss policy.

Jim I see where your coming from and sorta get it.

I don't think it would be wise to censor types of threads.... If done, then the next time someone makes repeated threads on a particular subject, someone will undoubtedly ask to have that activity stopped. I think it's fair as of now. Someone wishing to post a lot of racial stuff is free to do so, but they won't be advertising their posts/threads. Those not interested can simply avoid this particular forum. Those truly looking to discuss, are still free to do so.

It will not get out of hand and turn into Stormfront II here, I can assure everyone of that. I will handle in a manner which I hope is best for the entire board. My creation of this forum was to help those not wanting to see racial stuff not have to see it, not to cater to those wishing to post such stuff.

Just to repeat myself - I pretty much have no issue with members discussing almost every subject out there, within reason as adults. If it gets out of hand, I will intervene, as I already have started by creating this area.