PDA

View Full Version : BAM! Sullivan wins AK Senate Race

NightTrain
11-12-2014, 09:02 AM
I knew he'd do it. Sullivan is the man!

It was embarrassing to have a democrat Senator... most people here know better. Now we're back to GOP all the way around here in AK.

So that's 8 Senate seats picked up, and 9 after LA does their runoff.

Republican candidate Dan Sullivan defeated Democratic incumbent Sen. Mark Begich in Alaska’s U.S. Senate race Wednesday.

The win gives the GOP eight Senate pickups in the midterm elections. The party is also seeking a ninth seat in Louisiana’s runoff in December.

Sullivan ran a confident campaign, ignoring the debate schedule Begich established and setting his own terms.

He pledged to fight federal overreach, talked about energy independence and at seemingly every opportunity, sought to tie Begich to President Barack Obama and Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid, who are unpopular in Alaska.

Begich complained that Sullivan offered little in the way of proposals for what he would do as senator.

Earlier Tuesday, election workers began counting absentee ballots and early indications were Sullivan maintained an 8,100 vote advantage over Begich. It proved to be true later that night.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/12/gop-dan-sullivan-maintains-lead-in-alaska-senate-race-as-absentee-ballot-count/

SassyLady
11-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Doing the "happy dance, happy dance"!!!

:dance::dance:

stephanie
11-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Thank Gawd they weren't able to mess with the elections this time. I can't believe it took so long

but Yea for my adopted home state...good job people